Music To Come Home To

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
In 1967 John Hartford wrote and released this song, Gentle on My Mind. A year later it was covered by Glen Campbell and became a massive hit. It made Hartford more money than he could have ever dreamed of. Instead of buying a bunch of cars and stuff, he moved to LA, bought a house for cash, and realized he was never going to have to work for a major label, ever. So he spent the rest of his life releasing some of the best “ Americana” music that has ever been recorded. Passed away jin his early 60’s but left an absolute treasure trove of a legacy.

SouthernCAlabama

Sep 11, 2021
In 1967 John Hartford wrote and released this song, Gentle on My Mind. A year later it was covered by Glen Campbell and became a massive hit. It made Hartford more money than he could have ever dreamed of. Instead of buying a bunch of cars and stuff, he moved to LA, bought a house for cash, and realized he was never going to have to work for a major label, ever. So he spent the rest of his life releasing some of the best “ Americana” music that has ever been recorded. Passed away jin his early 60’s but left an absolute treasure trove of a legacy.

True Americana! Thank you for posting!

Reactions: Pudly76

Alta Loma Trojan

Aug 24, 2017
Check out Metallica singing Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding last month at an Elton John tribute. Crazy good.
My dad got concert tickets in 1975 for Elton John and Chicago and asked me which concert I wanted. I went to the Goodbye Yellow Brick Road concert.

• Wow
Reactions: Pudly76

Latest posts