NY Yankees

bluebooksandbluecups

All-Conference
Aug 19, 2025
701
1,442
93
Yeah..Boston still in this one… it is have taken 2-1 after 6 with a rested pen if you’d offered it to me before first pitch. Nine outs to get…good right arms in the pen.
 

lakelawyerheel

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
1,476
3,040
113
Inning started simply because Spencer Jones hustled

Grisham with one of the ugliest bunt attempts ever that results in a perfect bunt. He totally stabbed at that bunt. But it worked lol
 

lakelawyerheel

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
1,476
3,040
113
And Belli makes it 8-1!!!!

GREAT inning. Jones hustles. Yanks get guys with speed on base. Jazz gets a hit and eventually advances to 3rd with great baserunning. Grisham drops a bunt. Wells gets a sac fly (with 2 strikes). McMahon puts a ball in play to plate another (with 2 strikes). And Belli delivers the kill shot

Just great baseball. PROFESSIONAL inning of hitting and baserunning
 

lakelawyerheel

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
1,476
3,040
113
Want to add that I love the fact that every ball coming off of Lombard’s bat is going to right center. It lets him handle velocity and helps give him that extra split hundredth of a second to recognize spin on an off speed pitch

It’s like somebody told him there was another Yankee shortstop who made a decent career going oppo almost every at bat
 

lakelawyerheel

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
1,476
3,040
113
Next series roster will be 11 pitchers, 15 position/DH. Although the every other day schedule could work with just 10 pitchers

I’m adding Ryan Weathers as the 11th pitcher. Would have loved to replace Yarbrough with Schmidt as well but he’s now shutdown for the season. I would take a flier on Gil before leaving Yarbrough on the roster. Yarbrough offers nothing for a post season roster with the starters the Yanks have

I’m sitting Rosario to allow the Weathers add. Who sits to add Judge? I would sit one of Grisham or Stanton. Grish pissed me off with yet another lollygag lazy play that allowed the Eaton “double” early tonight and frankly, Grish woukd be my choice

But that leaves 4 OFs with Jusge’s calf a question mark and one of the other outfielders being “defensively challenged” Ramos. So that’s not a realistic option

Guessing it will be Volpe but I’m adding Jusge and leaving Stanton off the roster (since Grish isn’t an option to leave off)
 

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,320
1,045
113
Not sure what I'd do about Judge. He was terrible when he came back recently. It's well known how much I dislike Stanton. I'd keep Judge and ditch Stanton. Grisham has had a bad year in the field but he seldom strikes out and puts the ball in play and walks a lot.

I want to take the Rays out. I'm sick of them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1992Heel
Inside Carolina

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Carolina Basketball From Greece to Chapel Hill: Neo Avdalas' Unconventional Path to UNC
  2. 02 Inside Carolina Basketball How The Heels Stack Up in the ACC - The Basketball Show
  3. 03 Inside Carolina Football UNC's Offensive Line Remains a Work in Progress
  4. 04 Inside Carolina Football Bobby Petrino Evaluates UNC's Offense Through Three Games
  5. 05 Inside Carolina Football Jelani Thurman Showing Complete Skill Set in Expanded UNC Role