I hate the idea of Volpe not being on the roster. I just feel like he’s playing with a lot of confidence right now and I think his speed element is in short supply on our roster.Next series roster will be 11 pitchers, 15 position/DH. Although the every other day schedule could work with just 10 pitchers
I’m adding Ryan Weathers as the 11th pitcher. Would have loved to replace Yarbrough with Schmidt as well but he’s now shutdown for the season. I would take a flier on Gil before leaving Yarbrough on the roster. Yarbrough offers nothing for a post season roster with the starters the Yanks have
I’m sitting Rosario to allow the Weathers add. Who sits to add Judge? I would sit one of Grisham or Stanton. Grish pissed me off with yet another lollygag lazy play that allowed the Eaton “double” early tonight and frankly, Grish woukd be my choice
But that leaves 4 OFs with Jusge’s calf a question mark and one of the other outfielders being “defensively challenged” Ramos. So that’s not a realistic option
Guessing it will be Volpe but I’m adding Jusge and leaving Stanton off the roster (since Grish isn’t an option to leave off)
George would’ve fired him the next day.WTF? Dumbass coach sends Rice home on a short single to left field. How stupid was that? You don't run on Boston's outfield arms especially with a runner not very fleet of foot. Rice out by 10 feet. Could have had the bases loaded instead inning over. Dammit!
Stanton has not played since April. I just don't seer how he can help at all. It always takes him forever to get into a groove and the playoffs are not that time for him this year in my opinion. You can't live on what he did in the past, but like you said which one is more fit to proceed. We will see. The coaches are around them daily so they will make the correct call. I think. lolI think you keep one of either Judge or Stanton and I think you have to make an honest and accurate assessment as to which one is more ready now. And that could be Stanton. Judge did look horrible in his short time back…13 Ks in 23 ABs…and I just don’t know that the postseason element helps him at all. A diminished Judge who is pressing because of the moment, and who can’t catch up to velo, and who is expanding the zone and chasing, and who may be a liability in RF…that Judge doesn’t need to be on the roster.
Having said all that…I lean towards putting Judge on and taking Stanton off. But that would be a big about-face after deeming Stanton available for the WC series.
Inside Carolina Football Recruiting
Recruit Weekend Visit Preview: UNC-Notre Dame
Inside Carolina Basketball
Neo Avdalas Realizing Dream in Path from Greece to UNC
Inside Carolina Basketball
How The Heels Stack Up in the ACC - The Basketball Show
Inside Carolina Football
UNC's Offensive Line Remains a Work in Progress
Inside Carolina Football
Bobby Petrino Evaluates UNC's Offense Through Three Games