NY Yankees

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,310
1,032
113
Glad I passed on game 1. I watched the first 2 innings and couldn't take Ben McDonald's monotone droning so I went out and did my yard work so I can kick back and watch college football tomorrow. My 2 acre yard is kicking my old *** big time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1992Heel and kik84

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,310
1,032
113
And tomorrow's game has been postponed.

I felt bad for CC today. Getting a monument in monument park and retiring his number and no damn body was there because it was so windy and cold.

CC's son is playing for the Wilson Warbirds. CC was there the other night.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1992Heel

kik84

All-Conference
Jul 29, 2025
1,170
1,328
113
I don't care to see Stanton at all. We've done fine without him. He sits out the whole season then plays in the post season? Maybe pinch hit but that's it. He can't run so the hell with him.
He carried the Yanks in the 2024 postseason. His postseason HRs rate is one of the best all-time.
 

kik84

All-Conference
Jul 29, 2025
1,170
1,328
113
And tomorrow's game has been postponed.

I felt bad for CC today. Getting a monument in monument park and retiring his number and no damn body was there because it was so windy and cold.

CC's son is playing for the Wilson Warbirds. CC was there the other night.
Yeah, I felt badly, too. Very small crowd.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2forheels

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,310
1,032
113
He carried the Yanks in the 2024 postseason. His postseason HRs rate is one of the best all-time.
That's the past. He's 2 years older and he hasn't played in 5 months. So who's spot is he going to take in the lineup? Rice? Garcia? Judge? Grisham also going to return. Jones going to be the odd man out.
 

bluebooksandbluecups

All-Conference
Aug 19, 2025
697
1,433
93
Playoffs Game Day! We have our stud on the mound. We are at home. We are facing a lefty rookie. Boston’s lineup may have more serious injuries than ours. We need to go out and win Game 1 and not give the Red Sox any hope.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kik84

lakelawyerheel

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
1,467
3,024
113
Considering how he hits against the Red Sox, I fully expect Stanton to launch a pinch hit dinger out of the Bronx.

And then strike out on 3 pitches on every other at bat he gets in the post-season
 
  • Like
Reactions: kik84

bluebooksandbluecups

All-Conference
Aug 19, 2025
697
1,433
93
Boston adds Crochet to the roster. But Gasper is off the roster. He’d been swinging it well in September. We are only carrying 10 pitchers…that is alarming. Warren and Rodon were starters…so that means we are carrying only 5 normal relievers.
 
Inside Carolina

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Carolina Football How Bill Belichick and Bobby Petrino are Communicating to Run UNC's Offense
  2. 02 Inside Carolina Baseball Carolina Baseball's Talented Roster Puzzle - Scott Forbes Fall Interview
  3. 03 Inside Carolina Football Senate Passes Protect College Sports Act; What It Means for UNC
  4. 04 Inside Carolina Basketball How Neoklis Avdalas Sees Himself Fitting Into UNC's Backcourt
  5. 05 Inside Carolina Basketball Recruiting Top Sophomore Grant Duggins Visits Carolina Basketball