Official PSU - MSU Game Thread

ManassasPSU

Oct 12, 2021
I wish Franklin would put as much time into game prep as he does with all the off field crap we see
1.no depth chart. Why? How long did he think about it and how does that make the program better.
2. Bringing Keegan Michael Key to portray him.
3 explaining why he will not answer questions on if he is staying at PSU.
4. Being the head cheer leader

CyphaPSU

Oct 25, 2021
Another year and another loss to MSU who is almost always theoretically below us in recruiting (on paper). That team catches us pretty often (at the end of the year) after we look like a shell of what we were prior to hitting a speed bump. I'm tired of losing to them. I'm tired of not being able to recover after the point in the season that disappointment sets in...and when we come up against any team with a pulse it suddenly appears hopeless. I do believe a program our size and the recruiting tentacles we have should be adequate enough to at least sometimes beat teams ranked ahead of us down the stretch. Just disappointing.

PSU73

Oct 12, 2021
Let me take a moment to remind everyone that the news this past week from Sandy is very encouraging:
"...we believe we have a very bright future under James."

I wonder...is 'believe' too strong a word here?

CyphaPSU

Oct 25, 2021
Everyone who is responsible for that offensive line did a terrible job this year. These are highly ranked recruits who are simply not panning out. Trautwein's job should be on the line because the product was terrible.
Some are highly ranked, and others are 3-star kids who were not plan A. We have had too many recruiting misses on the line.

Reactions: grinagrin

Yogiman71

Oct 8, 2021
Passing game worked great but … Let’s keep trying to run the ball when we could’ve passEd to an easy victory. A real head scratcher, if it’s working keep using it. Guess we go to even a lesser bowl than had we won.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice Man

Nov 9, 2021
I'm as pissed as anyone but JF isn't and wasn't going anywhere.
He screwed up not getting a back up QB in the spring without hurting TR's feelings

Lionville

Oct 19, 2021
Done with excuses... the snow, the Wind, not enough hugs all week...... Poor execution, poor play calling, missed tackles, giving up third/fourth and longs, not taking advantage of their poor secondary all game lost this game and quite frankly this has been the freaking theme now for x number of years......
Don’t forget the MSU team and the flu.

PAgeologist

Oct 19, 2021
They should leave Franklin and Co in East Lansing. Make them walk back to State College.

Classof09

Oct 12, 2021
Everyone who is responsible for that offensive line did a terrible job this year. These are highly ranked recruits who are simply not panning out. Trautwein's job should be on the line because the product was terrible.
Agreed. My bigger question is, how much accountability will James take for the disaster?

Reactions: psuno1

CyphaPSU

Oct 25, 2021
Was everyone on MSU’s OL a 5 or 4 star recruit, or did they develop some 3 stars?
It is not a either-or, but it is a both-and. Someone pointed out that development has been lacking—and that is 100% true. I added that there is also a recruiting issue there (and has been for most of Franklin's tenure, unfortunately). Both of these are resulting in what we see.

Reactions: Psu00
Oct 13, 2021
Franklin’s post game presser: “if we had better facilities, we would have won.”

I mean, that’s the excuse of the contract, right?

LOL... Now that's good snark... It is always something with James................. I remember back when he started..... He said, "the plays work better with better players." Haven't liked him since. Now he has "better players" and its the facilities.............. It will never end.

Latest posts