Official PSU - MSU Game Thread

91Joe95

Oct 6, 2021
OK, when they held the FG competition, was Stout alternating punting and FG's like in a real game situation, or just focusing on FG's during the competition?

Reactions: ILLINOISLION

yboby

Oct 6, 2021
Nice play by MSU to let the onside kick go back to someone who can handle it cleanly. OTOH, don't get kicking it to open space.

Reactions: Nits74

Nittany1865Farmer

Oct 12, 2021
What a disappointing finish to a promising season with the win at Wisconsin. Now only three months until pitchers and catchers report for Spring Training.

Schoolie

Oct 12, 2021
that is somewhat puzzling. MSU seemed to change their coverage, which may have accounted for some of the calls. Plus PSU did have success running, as Lee has several long carries in the 2nd half. It's just that in a few critical plays, (the 4th down where the DT blew up Miranda, and the 3rd & 1 where Lee fumbled), opting for runs over passes does seem questionable, especially after the fact where we know the results of the run attempts.
But aside from two longer Lee runs and some shorter ones, the yards were coming from the passing game. Why they abandoned it in the late going is beyond me. I hope Yurcich shows more next year and Trautlein actually produces an offensive line that can push people around. Because this year’s edition was pretty putrid. If Franklin weren’t a good recruiter and a creator of a family atmosphere and get your degree, I’d bid him farewell in a heartbeat. I’m sorry but this game was a compilation of all the griping that everyone has been doing all year.

SouthHalls410

Oct 27, 2021
Done with excuses... the snow, the Wind, not enough hugs all week...... Poor execution, poor play calling, missed tackles, giving up third/fourth and longs, not taking advantage of their poor secondary all game lost this game and quite frankly this has been the freaking theme now for x number of years......

Nitnee

Oct 25, 2021
Last drive and the clock ... Those dump off passes to the RB, he ran out of bounds. The clock started when set. I don’t think I was dreaming.

Why wouldn’t that have stopped the clock until the next snap?

Reactions: sklnwmax