Penn State - Ohio State Dual Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I'm setting this up in advance, so that everyone has the info. Plus, I have a lot on my plate on Friday, so setting this up in advance is one less thing to do.

Please use the thread for all pre-match, in-match, and post-match discussion for the PSU - Ohio State dual.

When:
Feb 2, 6:30 pm EST

Where:
Rec Hall, State College, PA

TV:
BTN

Video Streaming:
Those that are BTN subscribers should be able to stream the coverage via the Fox Sports App

Audio Streaming:
The radio PBP, with Jeff Byers at the mic, will be streamed for free. The pre-match portion of the broadcast will begin at 6:15 pm EST, with the actual dual taking place at 6:30 pm EST. You can access the audio stream at:

PBP:
I'm reffing an afternoon dual. I'm pretty sure I'll be home in time to do PBP, but wrestling duals don't always fit into an exact timeframe. At worst, I may miss the first few matches. If I'm not there at the start, I hope others will contribute. As always, I remind folks that provide PBP to include scores for each dual, as well as the match score.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
OSU will be very lucky if they manage to win three bouts!
I'd argue two, quite frankly. If Bartlett beats Mendez, the only other one I see in their favor is at 149, barring yet-to-be-declared illness issues for Penn State.

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
Audio Streaming:
The radio PBP, with Jeff Byers at the mic, will be streamed for free. The pre-match portion of the broadcast will begin at 6:15 pm EST, with the actual dual taking place at 6:30 pm EST. You can access the audio stream at:

In case the LionVision is mute:

Local radio at.1450 AM, 103.7 FM, & 104.3 FM. Might be able to stream it here at https://bigfootcountrylegends.com/

Reactions: ClarkstonMark

gimb14

May 3, 2022
I'd argue two, quite frankly. If Bartlett beats Mendez, the only other one I see in their favor is at 149, barring yet-to-be-declared illness issues for Penn State.
133 could be a battle. Teams are avoiding Nagao on top. Just like Dean last year. Really limiting him.

Reactions: ScottHHHH

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Shayne Van Ness is here. Looks like that surgery happened. Left leg is in an immobilizer and he has crutches with him sitting on the bleachers as we await tonight's start.

Reactions: ElDuce

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
Shayne Van Ness is here. Looks like that surgery happened. Left leg is in an immobilizer and he has crutches with him sitting on the bleachers as we await tonight's start.
SVN looked to be on another level early this year after finishing last year on a real upswing.

Reactions: BigBankFrank

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
PSU's starters tonight are 101-4 on the season. Remove the matches against teammates, and the starters are 98-3 against non-PSU wrestlers this season.

cb1994

Oct 31, 2022
somebody who knows more than me explain that? Maybe they said Davis was moving through it?

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
125: #3 Braeden Davis vs. Vinny Kilkeary (VK)

Per 1
Davis reaches, nothing. Has an underhook, and a stalemate with 2:25 left. Not much thru 1:30. A bit of a flurry with 20+ sec left, but nothing. End

Per 2
VK takes bottom. VK up quickly, and he's out in 4 sec, 0-1. Davis with a high crotch for a TD, 3-1. VK to his feet, they go OOB, but Davis hit with stall warning for not returning him. 40 sec left. VK to his feet, returned. Davis with a crab ride. VK up and out with 20 sec left, 3-2RT @ 52 sec for Davis. Stoppage with 7 sec left for interlocking hands. End. RT @ 52 sec for Davis

Per 3
Davis takes bottom. He sits out, fighting for hand control, and peels out, 4-2. RT down to 38 sec fro Davis. Davis reaches, nothing. Underhooks by VK and they go OOB, and stall call on Davis, 4-3. VK with underhooks and tries a throw, they scramble, VK nearly has a TD but then Davis rolls thru. End. tOSU throws the challenge brick (I think; possibly the refs decided to check on their own). Call stands. Tom Ryan goes crazy, and earns a warning.

3-0, PSU

Reactions: ScottHHHH