Penn State - Ohio State Dual Thread

cb1994

Oct 31, 2022
Idk if Nagao still not feeling well still or what, but he's barely got any juice.

Reactions: LB99

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
I guess never had full control before Davis got it back to 50/50ish? I don't know. I thought takedown
I did too live. Certainly close though, and was taking photos so missed a replay.

Reactions: cb1994

gimb14

May 3, 2022
Someone that knows their practice routine....do they usually go really hard this time of year before recovering for postseason? Seems like there's usually a couple of matches where guys seem flat

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
133: #5 Aaron Nagao vs. #12 Nic Bouzakis (NB)

Should be a good match

Per 1
Nagao shoots, kind stuffed, NB working a headlock, nothing. NB with a duck for a TD, 3-0. Nagao to his feet, returned, then cut, 1-3. NB with a single to a double for a TD, 1-6. Nagao to his feet and is cut, 2-6. Nagao in on a head outside single, NB with a lock thru the legs. They scramble, and NB awarded the TD, 2-9. Nagao to his feet, returned. To his feet again but the buzzer. RT @ 1:08 for NB

Per 2
They start in neutral. Nagao in on a single, he's close, and gets the TD, 5-9. They roll and NB get the reversal, 5-11. NB working a half, and Nagao gets away, 6-11. 45 sec left. NB in on a double, Nagao with a lock thru the legs, they scramble, Nagao has his hips high, buzzer sounds. End. RT @ 1:33 for NB

Per 3
Nagao takes bottom, and he's out in 5 sec, 7-11. NB in on a head outside single, and they scramble, it's a long scramble, Nagao will not let go of the leg, and a stalemate with 46 left. RT is locked for NB. Nagao shoots, kind of stuffed, and a stalemate with 27 sec. Stall warning on NB. Nagao with a TD, 10-11. A point to NB for an esc. End. Official Review. The TD is waved off, and a locked hand is awarded. I believe it's a 7-12 DEC for NB (Might be 7-13, with the RT and the locked hands)

3-3

Reactions: ElDuce

ElDuce

Oct 29, 2022
Nagao, not feeling it. So far penn state has looked flat

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
133: #5 Aaron Nagao vs. #12 Nic Bouzakis (NB)

Should be a good match

Per 1
Nagao shoots, kind stuffed, NB working a headlock, nothing. NB with a duck for a TD, 3-0. Nagao to his feet, returned, then cut, 1-3. NB with a single to a double for a TD, 1-6. Nagao to his feet and is cut, 2-6. Nagao in on a head outside single, NB with a lock thru the legs. They scramble, and NB awarded the TD, 2-9. Nagao to his feet, returned. To his feet again but the buzzer. RT @ 1:08 for NB

Per 2
They start in neutral. Nagao in on a single, he's close, and gets the TD, 5-9. They roll and NB get the reversal, 5-11. NB working a half, and Nagao gets away, 6-11. 45 sec left. NB in on a double, Nagao with a lock thru the legs, they scramble, Nagao has his hips high, buzzer sounds. End. RT @ 1:33 for NB

Per 3
Nagao takes bottom, and he's out in 5 sec, 7-11. NB in on a head outside single, and they scramble, it's a long scramble, Nagao will not let go of the leg, and a stalemate with 46 left. RT is locked for NB. Nagao shoots, kind of stuffed, and a stalemate with 27 sec. Stall warning on NB. Nagao with a TD, 10-11. A point to NB for an esc. End. Official Review. The TD is waved off, and a locked hand is awarded. I believe it's a 7-12 DEC for NB (Might be 7-13, with the RT and the locked hands)

3-3
That's right. Had it wrong on the board here for a moment then got it all corrected.

BigBankFrank

May 24, 2022
It’s interesting with Nago this year. He was very difficult to score on last year at Minnesota and he’s given up quite a few TD’s this year. Still young and plenty of time to get better, but after last year I expected him to go to another level this year and not seeing it so far.

Reactions: jdale and LB99

gimb14

May 3, 2022
Didn't think that was a 3 count, but not sure you can overturn it either

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
#2 Beau Bartlett vs. #3 Jesse Mendez (JM)

Feature match of the dual

Per 1
They are active early with hand fighting and head control, but no shots. No shots thru 1:30. Beau shots a double, blocked, a flurry, nothing. 30 sec left. End

Per 2
JM takes bottom. He's too his feet and out in @ 5 sec, 0-1. JM reaches, nothing. 1 min left. They trade shots with nothing. JM snaps down the head and grabs a low single. Beau locks through the legs, and they scramble. End. RT @ 6 sec for JM

Per 3
Beau takes bottom. He works up to a 4-pt, then down, then to a 3-pt, then to his feet, and out in 25 sec (or thereabout), 1-1. RT @ 20 sec for JM. Beau sort of shoots, nothing. 1 min left. Beau shoots, blocked. End

SV
Mendez in on a low single, Beau with a lock thru the legs, comes behind and gets the TD. 4-1, DEC. Looks as though they are going to an official review. Call is confirmed

6-3, PSU

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Why did the ref award a TD in SV, stopping the match and then need to review it?
Match ends on the first points once there is no more scoring chance. So they called it, which ended it, but Ohio State threw its challenge brick.

gimb14

May 3, 2022
Wasn't the call neutral danger and not a TD?

Edit: Pretty sure the rule is neutral danger points means a takedown if no pin, but technically not a TD?

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
149: #12 Tyler Kasak vs. #9 Dylan D'Emilio (DD)

Per 1
Kasak with an ankle pick to a low single, DD grabs an ankle of Kasak and they scramble Stalemate with 2:22 left. Kasak snaps the head down, nothing. Kaska tries a shrug-by, nothing. Stalemate with 1:42 left. DD tries a high crotch, nothing, they are on the edge, and a stalemate with 49 sec left. End

Per 2
Kasak defers, and DD takes bottom. DD up, to his knees, then aught and turned and 2 NF is awarded. PSU throws the brick (I think), and they are checking on whether it should be more NF. Call stands. 1:26 left. DD tries a roll, stopped. DD to his feet, and returned. He works up again and they go OOB. Stall warning on Kasak (that's a tough one). 37 sec left. DD rolls, Kasak stays with him. DD to his feet and he's out, 2-1. 23 sec left. End. RT @ 1:30 for Kasak

Per 3
Kaska to his feet and out in about 4 sec, 3-1. DD shoots, nothing. DD in on a head outside single, Kasak with a lock through the crotch, they scramble, and Kasak comes out on top for the TD, 6-1. OOB with 44 sec left. DD to his feet, returned, to his feet again, returned, and OOB iwht 14 sec left. RT is locked for Kasak. Kasak says start on their feet, so it's 6-2. End. With RT it's a 7-2 DEC for Kasak

9-3, PSU

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
157: #1 Levi Haines vs. #29 Isaac Wilcox (IW)

Per 1
No shots thru 1st minute. No shots thru 2 min. Haines shoots a single, IW with a whizzer, but Haines gets behind for the TD, 3-0. IW sits out, Haines with a crab ride. IW rolls and gets an esc with 1 sec left, 3-1. RT @0:28 for Haines

Per 2
IW takes bottom. IW to his feet, hits a roll as he's returned, nothing. Haines flattens him. IW works to his knees, then to his feet, and they are OOB with 54 sec left. IW up quickly, tries to peel outs nd he does with 47 sec left, 3-2. Ear-to-ear for a bit, then they break apart. End. RT @ 1:40 for Haines

Per 3
Haines takes bottom. He's up and out in @ 7 sec, 4-2. IW reaches, nothing. Haines gets a low single, IW with a whizzer, IW tryin to work around, and he gets the TD, 7-2. Haines cuts him 7-3. RT is locked. IW shoots a head outside single, Haines stuffs him, and works to his own single, and gets the TD, 10-3. Short time left. IW to his knees. End. WIth 2:06 in RT, it's a 11-3 MAJ

13-3, PSU, at the intermission

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
149: #12 Tyler Kasak vs. #9 Dylan D'Emilio (DD)

Per 1
Kasak with an ankle pick to a low single, DD grabs an ankle of Kasak and they scramble Stalemate with 2:22 left. Kasak snaps the head down, nothing. Kaska tries a shrug-by, nothing. Stalemate with 1:42 left. DD tries a high crotch, nothing, they are on the edge, and a stalemate with 49 sec left. End

Per 2
Kasak defers, and DD takes bottom. DD up, to his knees, then aught and turned and 2 NF is awarded. PSU throws the brick (I think), and they are checking on whether it should be more NF. Call stands. 1:26 left. DD tries a roll, stopped. DD to his feet, and returned. He works up again and they go OOB. Stall warning on Kasak (that's a tough one). 37 sec left. DD rolls, Kasak stays with him. DD to his feet and he's out, 2-1. 23 sec left. End. RT @ 1:30 for Kasak

Per 3
Kaska to his feet and out in about 4 sec, 3-1. DD shoots, nothing. DD in on a head outside single, Kasak with a lock through the crotch, they scramble, and Kasak comes out on top for the TD, 6-1. OOB with 44 sec left. DD to his feet, returned, to his feet again, returned, and OOB iwht 14 sec left. RT is locked for Kasak. Kasak says start on their feet, so it's 6-2. End. With RT it's a 7-2 DEC for Kasak

9-3, PSU
That score doesn’t reflect how Kasak controlled the whole match.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Idk if Nagao still not feeling well still or what, but he's barely got any juice.
He doesn’t protect his legs. He really MUST focus on his natural position wrestling here. If not it’s going to hurt him in Big Tens and Nationals.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Some of our guys are wrestling tight. OSU came to wrestle. It’s about time for us to be at our best.

Reactions: ElDuce

BriantheLion

Nov 27, 2023
Match ends on the first points once there is no more scoring chance. So they called it, which ended it, but Ohio State threw its challenge brick.
As the announcers said, neutral danger call was borderline… I thought they would let them wrestle through it…and it looked to me like Beau was coming out of it with a successful single leg takedown.

Reactions: NavyBlue

BigBankFrank

May 24, 2022
He doesn’t protect his legs. He really MUST focus on his natural position wrestling here. If not it’s going to hurt him in Big Tens and Nationals.

I agree. Last year he was very difficult to score on and really felt he’d build off of that in the PSU room. Seems to easy for ranked opponents to score on him. I really don’t see him being an AA this year. Hope I’m wrong. Needs to clean it up and not be so sloppy on his feet.