PSU - Iowa Dual Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
184: Aaron Brooks vs. Abe Assad

Per 1
Brooks in on a single and gets the TD, 2-0. Assad works up and is out, 2-1. Brooks in on another single, to a double and the TD, 4-1. OOB with 1:18 left. Caution on Brooks, I think. Assad sits out, and to his feet, but Brooks stays with hi. RT goes over 1 min. and Assad returned to the mat. To his feet, and OOB with 23 sec left. Caution on Brooks. Assad to a 4-pt stance, and returned. End. RT @ 1:51 for Brooks

Per 2
Assad defers and Brooks takes bottom. Brooks works up, and is returned, works back up, and is out, 5-1. Brooks with a nice single and gets behind for the TD, 7-1. Brooks basically cuts him, 7-2. Brooks with an ankle pick, nothing. Brooks shoots, and a stall warning on Assad. Brooks shoots again on a double but Assad sprawls, they are on the edge, and the buzzer sounds. End RT @ 1:40 for Brooks

Per 3
Assad takes bottom. Assa to a 3-pt stance and Brooks cuts him 7-3. Brooks with underhooks, tries an ankle pick, then Assad shoots a single, Brooks sprawls, and a stalemate with 53 sec. RT is locked. Brooks with a single but nothing, then another shot, but he runs out of time. End. With 1:52 in RT, it's a 8-3 DEC

16-10, PSU

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
197: Max Dean vs. Jacob Warner

#2 vs. #4

Per
Warner with a reach for an ankle, nothing. Nothing thru 1 min. Dean reaches, and Warner with a counter and gets behind for the TD, 0-2. OOB with 1:01 left. Dean works up slowly, then back down, then to his feet, then returned, then to his feet again, then they go OOB with 41 sec left. Dean to his feet and returned. Feet again and returned, and OOB with 27 sec. Dean to his feet, back down, feet again, back down. To his feet, and hits a switch and nearly has it but Warner locks on the ankle. End. PSU throws the brick. They are challenging loss of control, according to BTN. Call is confirmed. There was a stall warning on Warner for staying below the waist.

Per 2
Warner takes bottom, and he's up and out, 0-3. Dean nearly shoots but pulls back. Then he has a knee but loses it. Dean shoot, gets somewhat stuffed. Dean shoots a single but loses his footing. Dean with another shot, blocked. End RT @ 42 sec for Warner

Per 3
Dean takes bottom. Caution on Warner. Dean works up, and he's out, 1-3. RT @ 52 sec for Warner, so it's not a factor. Warner tries a pull-bye, nothing. Dean shoot, nothing. Dean shoots and a stall call on Warner, 2-3. They scramble from the shot, and a TD, 4-3. Dean trying the bow-and-arrow, and gets swipes. End. 4 NF makes it a 8-3 DEC

19-10, PSU
Match is locked

lionspride92

Nov 1, 2021
I'm not a wrestling scoring expert but am loving this sport. Why didn't dean get the pin at the end of the 3rd there? Looks like his shoulders were both down. What am I missing? Thanks for your help.

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
I'm not a wrestling scoring expert but am loving this sport. Why didn't dean get the pin at the end of the 3rd there? Looks like his shoulders were both down. What am I missing? Thanks for your help.
His shoulders weren’t down. Exposed but not dow

Latest posts