Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
285: Kerk vs. Tony Cassioppi (TC)

#3 vs. #5

238.9 vs. 241.8

Per 1
Kerk with a double and gets the TD, 2-0. TC is up and out, 2-1. Kerk with another double but TC backs out of it. TC with a bear hug, Kerk tries to lat drop him but TC ends up with th TD, 2-3. OOB with 48 sec. Kerk bounces him up but nothing. (Don't see that too often in heavies.) End RT @ 42 sec for TC

Per 2
TC defers and Kerk takes takes neutral. Not much thru 1 min. Kerk reaches, nothing. Stoppage for interlocking fingers. Kerk nearly with a pick, but nothing. Kerk tries another pick, nothing. End RT @ 42 sec for TC

Per 3
TC takes bottom. He cuts him afar about 25 sec, 2-4. RT @ 17 sec. Kerk in on a single, but TC sprawls and he's out. TC with a body lock and he gets a TD, 2-6. Kerk looks tired. 1 min left. Kerk not doing much, but neither is TD. End. With 1:27 in RT, it's a 2-7 DEC

19-13, PSU is the final

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
Thanks. She has now taken herself to bed, lol. When mom is at work and dad is working, she likes to sleep diagonally from one pillow to the bottom of the bed. By the time I get up there, I'll be lucky to squeeze in.
Our GR is about to have her 1st birthday.

Reactions: GregPickel

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
Kirk figured why not. Now he knows he can’t do that. Cassi had no intention on shooting ever. Kerk will have to move better and shoot against him. Cassi is a rock now and thick in mid area where he can still put weight on you. Cael was noticeably not happy that kerk tried to throw him that second time.

Reactions: hohmadw1978

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
Kirk figured why not. Now he knows he can’t do that. Cassi had no intention on shooting ever. Kerk will have to move better and shoot against him. Cassi is a rock now and thick in mid area where he can still put weight on you. Cael was noticeably not happy that kerk tried to throw him that second time.
I thought I saw him shake his head after the first one.

Reactions: Tryingtodoitright

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
One surprise I have is that AB didn’t go harder after bonus. He had Assad on the ropes but didn’t finish him. Still ridiculously fantastic wrestler

Reactions: PSUHammering1

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
I thought I saw him shake his head after the first one.
Probably. When you have a guy that has you locked up and try to throw him and when you do he squeezes you and stand you up. When you stand up you are screwed. He has all of the leverage. Did you see him walking off? The guy is a tank now. Need to hire the sc coach for iowa wrestling .

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
Probably. When you have a guy that has you locked up and try to throw him and when you do he squeezes you and stand you up. When you stand up you are screwed. He has all of the leverage. Did you see him walking off? The guy is a tank now. Need to hire the sc coach for iowa wrestling .
Kerk just beats Parris with singles and then gets quick one against Cass. You think, he’ll just keep on singling and it’ll be a beautiful thing. But he got away from the gameplan. I suspect he believes he’s stronger than Cass and figured, he wants to throw me, I’ll throw him. But the reason Cael’s guys win is because they’re hellishly talented, they create a gameplan, and they stick to the gameplan

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
Question for all refs out there. The refs said that Kemerer didn’t have the takedown because time ran out. But to my untrained eye, Kemerer didn’t have the leg hooked to earn the takedown. CS was smart, of course. He didn’t let Kemerer hook the leg and kept his over Kem’s. Was it or wasn’t it a takedown, forgetting time on the clock?

mike6167

Nov 1, 2021
Question for all refs out there. The refs said that Kemerer didn’t have the takedown because time ran out. But to my untrained eye, Kemerer didn’t have the leg hooked to earn the takedown. CS was smart, of course. He didn’t let Kemerer hook the leg and kept his over Kem’s. Was it or wasn’t it a takedown, forgetting time on the clock?
It was because he controlled his arms and head, in that case the leg doesn't need covered, but by time that happened, time was out thankfully!!

DavidM

Oct 13, 2021
As much as it was galacticly delightful to beat Iowa at Carver, I was disappointed in Bravo-Young and Berge for being soooo passive. Kerk tried some stuff that simply didn't work, but at least he TRIED stuff.

I hope to see the Hawkeyes in Happy Valley next year.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
As much as it was galacticly delightful to beat Iowa at Carver, I was disappointed in Bravo-Young and Berge for being soooo passive. Kerk tried some stuff that simply didn't work, but at least he TRIED stuff.

I hope to see the Hawkeyes in Happy Valley next year.
If Kerk had to win for State to win, do we all agree he’d wrestle different?