RockVegas one upped

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
People dont realize how big of a deal this is. This is a leg of a soon to be fully sold out tour that consists of playing at MLB ballparks and NFL stadiums etc.
Wallen is the biggest touring name outside of Taylor Swift right now in terms of ticket sales. The fact that they put up the money to bring him to oxford is insane.
The interesting thing will be to see Hardy in Oxford in some state stuff. Because you know he will.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
People dont realize how big of a deal this is.
unimpressed jerk off motion GIF

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
People dont realize how big of a deal this is. This is a leg of a soon to be fully sold out tour that consists of playing at MLB ballparks and NFL stadiums etc.
Wallen is the biggest touring name outside of Taylor Swift right now in terms of ticket sales. The fact that they put up the money to bring him to oxford is insane.
The interesting thing will be to see Hardy in Oxford in some state stuff. Because you know he will.
I guess this a sign I'm getting old. I have never heard of this person.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I've seen several country concerts in my days, but I can't think of anybody out right now that I would pay money to go see. Maybe Eric Church or Stapleton. The problem is the concerts today are just so damn expensive. It's not even funny.

I will tell you about the good old days, but it really wasn't that long ago that you could afford to go to a concert. 90'? That's the last time I want to see some shows back in Mississippi I think Brooks and Dunn was the big last act that I saw that I didn't have to take out a bank loan to go see. I know there are lots of small acts around that are fun to watch, but there were backed themn too but you could still to go see both before entertainment prizes became so ridiculous

No, I would not go see Taylor Swift unless she was naked in my bedroom. I'm a dirty old man, so sue me.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022

Just the fact that Wallen has reached that rare status of uncancellable if that's a word should tell you how big he is. Personally I like Texas Red Dirt Country/Americana but I can jam on some Morgan Wallen and Hardy. Zimmerman is an up and comer.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
Looked this up because it was surprising to me. He is indeed the one person on this list I have never heard of,, but then again I pay zero attention to modern country music.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I've seen several country concerts in my days, but I can't think of anybody out right now that I would pay money to go see. Maybe Eric Church or Stapleton. The problem is the concerts today are just so damn expensive. It's not even funny.

I will tell you about the good old days, but it really wasn't that long ago that you could afford to go to a concert. 90'? That's the last time I want to see some shows back in Mississippi I think Brooks and Dunn was the big last act that I saw that I didn't have to take out a bank loan to go see. I know there are lots of small acts around that are fun to watch, but there were backed themn too but you could still to go see both before entertainment prizes became so ridiculous

No, I would not go see Taylor Swift unless she was naked in my bedroom. I'm a dirty old man, so sue me.
The last few concerts I’ve attended are Motley Crue, Willie Nelson, George Jones, Mickey Gilley, and Ronnie Milsap.
If the Temptations and Four Tops tour near me I might go to them.
Other than that my taste in music stopped with new acts/songs back in the 90’s.
And stay off my lawn.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
He definitely won’t appeal to you if you are over 40, but will be the biggest thing to come to Mississippi in a while. Hardy drew the largest attendance Starkville has ever had for Bulldog bash a couple of years ago.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
The last few concerts I’ve attended are Motley Crue, Willie Nelson, George Jones, Mickey Gilley, and Ronnie Milsap.
If the Temptations and Four Tops tour near me I might go to them.
Other than that my taste in music stopped with new acts/songs back in the 90’s.
And stay off my lawn.

You might like The Steel Woods, Cody Jinks and Whiskey Meyers

Reactions: PBRME

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Speaking of Hardy - I wonder how the crowd will react to He Went to Jared. It has a little dig at OM nancy boys, which I like. Those dipshits will probably cheer.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Speaking of Hardy - I wonder how the crowd will react to He Went to Jared. It has a little dig at OM nancy boys, which I like. Those dipshits will probably cheer.
Hardy’s wife is an Ole Miss grad… my daughter went to her birthday party and Hardy was there , so my daughter walked up to him and said “Hail State” and he said “Hell Yeah”.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Nope.

That's a cover of Jason Isbell and from 8-9 years ago. And Isbell is way better at it.

Isbell - Cover Me Up ACL

Saw Jason Isbell in concert in Huntsville a few months ago. Only went because my wife wanted to go and she’s a big Jason Isbell fan. I was blown away. Such a great concert. Cover Me Up is one of his masterpieces. Morgan Wallen’s cover is good, but doesn’t have the raw emotion of Isbell’s original version.

Reactions: J-Dawg

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I’ve never even heard of him. I’m getting old though and don’t listen to the radio anymore.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
He definitely won’t appeal to you if you are over 40, but will be the biggest thing to come to Mississippi in a while. Hardy drew the largest attendance Starkville has ever had for Bulldog bash a couple of years ago.
Don't lump all us old folks as prunes. I am 47 and I love Hardy. Hell I may buy tickets to this event. I garantee you there will be a bunch of Dawgs in Oxford to see this one.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Say what you want about their music, but Morgan Wallen and Hardy are the two biggest stars in Country music right now. They sell out stadiums everywhere they go.

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
I know all the recruits are big Morgan Wallen fans.

Ole Miss bringing in the guy who casually throws around the N word is the least surprising thing. And yes, I know the rednecks love him for it. It can't be for his music.
om has rednecks?

I dunno but I know Lane’s neck was so red Thanksgiving night on that final drive when he had to burn 2 time outs and even then Dart couldn’t get that shuffle pass in for the tying score. I was sitting in that end zone about 12 rows up and I could see that red neck lit up against that white rain jacket he had on!

There was one temporary red neck at the egg bowl that night for sho! lol

AnesthesiaDawg

Aug 22, 2012
Nope.

That's a cover of Jason Isbell and from 8-9 years ago. And Isbell is way better at it.

Isbell - Cover Me Up ACL

View attachment 271747
Isbell also gave all the royalties he made off of Wallen’s cover to the Nashville NAACP after his “scandal.”

Isbell’s version is better because he actually lived it and wrote that song about recovering from his addiction and his relationship with Amanda Shires.

Wallen has a good voice though.