Sankey announced the vote. 8 conference game schedule. No divisions as of 2024.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Already said that but if my business lost over $120 billion I think I might know less not to mention I'd probably looking for another job.

It has to affect something sooner or later no matter how deep their pockets are.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I get what you’re saying, but I think with 12 teams in the tourney, if you’re an 11-1 (and maybe 10-2) or better SEC team, you’re probably getting in, regardless of whether you beat Alabama, of if they’re even on your schedule.
When it gets to 12 teams then yes, it would not be as necessary.

Reactions: Dawgg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Say what you want about Satan but he lead the charge to stay at 8 games after he found out his three permanent opponents. Before that he was an advocate. My take is they delayed to get more money from ESPN and when money is involved Satan will be at the table!
Little article on his influence: Satan sez

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Already said that but if my business lost over $120 billion I think I might know less not to mention I'd probably looking for another job.

It has to affect something sooner or later no matter how deep their pockets are.
Do you really think that $120 billion you are referencing is actual cash losses for Disney?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I think playing Bama ever year is our best and maybe only chance to ever win a NC. We don't have history to boost us in any of the necessary polls. In the case of that cinderella season beating Bama will help. They have kept out other conference schools and tried to keep TCU out this past year. If you have that W over a strong Bama team it weighs heavily. And your gonna have to probably beat them at some point during any cinderella season and I would rather face them in Starkville than at a neutral site.
No MSU fan goes into a season thinking we will challenge for a natty instead, we go into a season hoping to win 8 or 9 regular season games. Not playing Bama makes the 8 or 9 wins a little easier.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
No MSU fan goes into a season thinking we will challenge for a natty instead, we go into a season hoping to win 8 or 9 regular season games. Not playing Bama makes the 8 or 9 wins a little easier.
Maybe if you are a realistic killjoy. You gotta dream.

Reactions: Dawgg