SEC NBA Prospects according to ESPN.com analyst

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
florida players move on to the NBA this season. i would rather our guys not have to play these young guys as they get better.

G

Goat Holder

usually players of his caliber can carry a team by himself, maybe not to the extent of a Carmelo Anthony, but they should be a little bit better than what they are, Gottfried or not.

muddawgs33

Aug 28, 2007
Quote:_________________________________________________usually players of his caliber can carry a team by himself, maybe not to the extent of a Carmelo Anthony, but they should be a little bit better than what they are, Gottfried or not._________________________________________________

Well I don't know what else you want him to do, I mean he can't pass himself the ball. The guy is avg. 18 pts and 10 rebounds at 61% FG. It's just hard for a post player to carry a team, unless everyone is on the same page and gives him the ball just about every time down the court. I mean look at Davis last year. He tried everything in his power to carry Lsu and he just couldn't do it. I just think it's easier for a guard to carry a team because it's alot easier to get them the ball every time down the court than it is a post player.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
When you play the post though, someone has to throw you the ball. Gee has more shots on the year than Hendrix, and Riley is not far behind Hendrix. Those two guys should be 2 and 3 with RH #1. Guess who leads in FG made?

Gee 153-361
Hendrix 200-327
Riley 136-303

Henry Kissinger

Aug 30, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________Guess Charles is back "in the bag" now. Face it, he is just an average player. And for Jamont "Turnover-waiting-to-happen" Gordon, I can't see him playing anywhere that does not allow full contact basketball. Chris Warren will be the FPOY and in the top 10 prospects in the SEC next year. Just hope we keep him for 3 years._________________________________________________

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
good pro player. Rhodes is a force in the conference right now whether he plays a damn minute in the NBA. And another reason you have to give Ricky credit- while he hasnt gotten NBA talent, he has picked guys that are good college players.

They might not get drafted, but we do have 2 of the top 10 players in the SEC. And the best shot-blocker in the nation. Who also will not be drafted.

Brutius

Aug 5, 2004
A post player can make his own shots. If Hendrix was worth a damn, he would just take the rebound, drive down the court and pull up for 3.

Signed,
Chuck Rhodes

PineGroveBully

Nov 13, 2007
This is really just a question not an opinion but IF Nick Calathes was at State and Jamont was at Florida would his stock be higher while Nicks would be lower?

VinceVega70

Sep 24, 2007
Jamont is the best PG in the SEC. Has the body to withstand the wear and tear of the NBA season. Has tremendous upside.
It's silly for him not to be in the conversation this year for top NBA prospects.
The recruitniks all felate the big programs. My grandmother could suit up for UF and she'd immediately be a top prospect in the recruitniks' eyes.

J

JR

seem to hurt Dampier or Dantae's draft stock

Not going to college didnt seem to hurt Ellis or Outlaw's stock.

Not even playing college ball Doesnt seem to hurt the Europeans who get drafted every year

Its not where you play school, its how much ability you have.

PineGroveBully

Nov 13, 2007
No but the final 4 run did. Super D prolly would have still went lottery but not Dontae.

"Its not where you play school, its how much ability you have. "

JJ Redick wouldnt have sniffed lottery playing at MSU. Various others.

J

JR

they had a final 4 run because MSU had two first round draft choices on the team?
If Dontae isnt on that team, MSU doesnt get to the final 4.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
Quote:_________________________________________________If Dontae isnt on that team, MSU doesnt get to the final 4_________________________________________________

and without Wilson, they probably dont make it out of the 1st round

PineGroveBully

Nov 13, 2007
I didnt say he wasnt a first round talent, I said he wouldnt have been a first round pick. There is a difference.

Monta Ellis proves that point, He was defiantly a first round talent, just not a pick. Had he played at a high school like Lebrons where they play nationally televised games he would have gotten alot more attention.

A furthermore I wasnt implying that Jamont was getting dissed cause he was at state and Calathes was at Florida. I simply asked would their rankings be different.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________Super D prolly would have still went lottery but not Dontae._________________________________________________
Dude, Super D was Darryl. Erick was simply known as Big E or Big Erick.