Since you bigots don't want to discuss the WNBA draft

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
What if you only heard of one of them and remembered the other? Does that still make you a bigot?
Well that definitely isnt a term Ive thought of using in this thread, even if the OP jokingly used it in the title. I would call you the Mendoza Line of WNBA players- neither good nor bad.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I remember her from college. But have no idea what WNBA team she plays for. I strongly suspect I’m not alone there. Women’s college basketball is a bigger deal than WNBA is.
Yeah- I can definitely see this applying to a lot of general sports fans. Know a name, but give a WAG as to the team.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Saw a tweet that said something like 'wars have been fought over legs like those'.
I once knew a beautiful, intelligent young woman who wanted to get a Ph.D. in physics but she never did because her legs were too long (David Lee Roth joke)

• Haha
Reactions: BulldogBlitz

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
What store did you go to and how many signature shoes did you actually see?

Stewart has a shoe with Puma that is in a Dick's store near us, but not the massive sports store and I havent seen it at smaller stores.
Delle Donne has a shoe with Nike that I have never seen in a store, not even back when it was introduced, and it isnt even for sale on Nike's site.
Ionescu has a shoe with Nike that is extremely well reviewed and is highly available in person and online.

So out of 3 players with signature shoes, 1 is readily available and well reviewed, 1 is mostly available and well reviewed, and 1 really doesnt even exist. Am I missing some?
I am sorry to hear you were subjected to so many WNBA signature shoes.**
It was indeed Dick's. They had a wall full of signature shoes. TBH, I can't tell you who the hell they were. I would say they had 12-18 different pairs. Could there have been some pink Zions or Lukas in the mix? I guess.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Lets all remember that SPS has a collective average BMI well north of 30, but Brink is criticized here.

First of all, stop fat shaming us. We are beautiful at any size.

Second of all, I think people were mostly joking, but also these pictures are much more flattering.

Third of all, I might would watch the WNBA if she played in that white bikini. Would depend on what the other players were wearing and what they looked like. How is the lingerie football league doing? IS that still and thing and do they get paid more than WNBA players?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It was indeed Dick's. They had a wall full of signature shoes. TBH, I can't tell you who the hell they were. I would say they had 12-18 different pairs. Could there have been some pink Zions or Lukas in the mix? I guess.
So you may have seen a Nike Sabrina shoe and a Puma Stewart shoe.
It seems a bit over the top to complain about 'all the chick signature shoes', but I guess its justified if your expectation is for there to be 0 or 1 at most.

The other signature shoes you would have seen are all from guys- Jordans, LeBron 21, LeBron NXXT, LeBron Witness 8, KD16, KD Trey 5 X, Luka Jordan, Giannis Freak, Giannis Immortality 3, PG6, Zion something or other, Ja's shoe, etc etc etc.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Did you see how much the top four picks are getting? I don’t think any of those teams are overpaying. I knew the WNBA players didn’t make anything close to the men, but I have to admit I was shocked to see those numbers. 4 years, $336k (maybe $338k, I don’t remember). Yikes.
They make a lot more money overseas.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
When did I complain about it? Or are you just doing your thing again?
I took your comment as a complaint.
You said you were 'floored' at how many chock signature shoes there were, and jokingly claimed even a female basketball player from 2 decades ago had a shoe.

So if you weren't complaining, were you posting that in excitement because you were happy to see so many chick signature series shoes?
...or are you claiming your post offered up no opinion and it was a completely neutral observation?

Yeah, I'm sure it was a post without opinion or it was intended to be a positive observation.**

• Sad
Reactions: Anon1697564126

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I took your comment as a complaint.
You said you were 'floored' at how many chock signature shoes there were, and jokingly claimed even a female basketball player from 2 decades ago had a shoe.

So if you weren't complaining, were you posting that in excitement because you were happy to see so many chick signature series shoes?
...or are you claiming your post offered up no opinion and it was a completely neutral observation?

Yeah, I'm sure it was a post without opinion or it was intended to be a positive observation.**
Just admit you're constantly offended. All of us know it already. It will honestly help your own psyche moving forward. Step 1...

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I once knew a beautiful, intelligent young woman who wanted to get a Ph.D. in physics but she never did because her legs were too long (David Lee Roth joke)
I once met a girl who said she was working on her masters in mathematics. She then told me she "had 3/4" nipples, would I like a table dance"....

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
I know none of which yall are saying. Your mouths are moving (or fingers typing) and I’m just wondering where more pictures are. Is it Wednesday yet?

Reactions: Darryl Steight

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Just admit you're constantly offended. All of us know it already. It will honestly help your own psyche moving forward. Step 1...
What am I offended about right now?
You made a dumb post, I clarified it with info, and you called me offended.

Nope, not even sure what I would be offended about.

• Sad
Reactions: Anon1697564126

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’ll say this about the WNBA. If it doesn’t take off with Caitlin Clark & a couple of the other college players coming into it this year & next, it never will. Saw some of the team names on the draft scroll today. Sun, Sparks, Mystics, etc. WTF? They’ve got to get some better team names.

• Haha

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
My favorite WNBA moment. Washington Mystics players wearing shirts with 7 bullet holes to honor Jacob Blake. A truly good dude...

Screenshot_20240416-223607~2.png

• Wow

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
So, the Dallas Wings put their single game tickets on sale this morning. I've taken the family to a couple of games. McCowan is on the team and it's a fun, low maintenance, low cost activity. You can normally get decent seats for the $20 range and sometimes they'll have special 4 packs for certain games.

My wife is interested in seeing Clark play, so I looked at the ticket prices for the 3 Indiana Fever games that will be played in Arlington.

The first is a preseason game the first week of May. It appears to be sold out and the cheapest tickets on Stubhub are $120.
The second is in July and the third is in September. Cheapest non-resale tickets available are $60, but escalate quickly from there.
Both games are almost sold out.

I looked at some other random games and you can get the same tickets for their other opponents for $22. Crazy.