Where we at on the lineup talk going into the season? Has injuries pushed anyone or we still looking like August?
Last edited:
I like that 5...beauty of that line-up is that the only thing we need to do to go small ball is put wheeler in for Oscar and drop everybody else down a slot. Huge amount of versatility on this roster.I love the roster as a whole, but if I’m being perfectly honest, wheeler has to be a backup for this team to reach its peak potential. So gimme:
cason
Antonio
Livingston
Jake
Oscar
6th man Collins
Bad thing is you know we will actually see a lot of lineups with Collins Toppin and Oscar lolToppin
Ware
Oscar
Collins
Kingsley
Cal is going big
I like this one. Four guys who can shoot the ball surrounding Oscar. Reeves is the only defensive liability in the starting five.I love the roster as a whole, but if I’m being perfectly honest, wheeler has to be a backup for this team to reach its peak potential. So gimme:
cason
Antonio
Livingston
Jake
Oscar
6th man Collins
He sure led the team far last season.If anyone watched the Bahamas games, the offense moves much faster and fluid with Wheeler running the point. For this team to reach its goals, he is going to have to be the primary pg. The experience factor really pushes him over the top.
Looking at his stat line he did pretty well. I seem to recall some pretty good games from him, one being against KU. He also rated as one of the best pg last season. I know you're probably still pouty over not getting the result that, as a fan, you felt entitled to, but there really isn't much evidence to support he isn't a top-rated pg.He sure led the team far last season.
Spot on, though I also thing a possibility is Wheeler, Wallace, Reeves, Toppin, OscarMost likely:
Wheeler
Wallace
Livingston
Toppin
Tshiebwe
What I fear:
Wheeler
Wallace
Toppin
Collins
Tshiebwe
What I would like:
Wallace
Reeves
Livingston
Toppin
Tshiebwe
Your fear lineup is the most likely one Cal will go with.Most likely:
Wheeler
Wallace
Livingston
Toppin
Tshiebwe
What I fear:
Wheeler
Wallace
Toppin
Collins
Tshiebwe
What I would like:
Wallace
Reeves
Livingston
Toppin
Tshiebwe
None of those Bahamas opponents slowed the game down. Wheeler is taylor made for that kind of game and I love it when a team wants to run with UK, especially when Wheeler is running the show.If anyone watched the Bahamas games, the offense moves much faster and fluid with Wheeler running the point. For this team to reach its goals, he is going to have to be the primary pg. The experience factor really pushes him over the top.
NotBad thing is you know we will actually see a lot of lineups with Collins Toppin and Oscar lol
Agreed.Your fear lineup is the most likely one Cal will go with.
Against uNC, that’s a good lineup to go with. Wheeler is a star in an up and down game.
Problem is, if we played Virginia, Cal will still go with that lineup and it'll be a rock fight to the very end.
That’s one of several things Cal needs to change.
If anyone watched the Bahamas games, the offense moves much faster and fluid with Wheeler running the point. For this team to reach its goals, he is going to have to be the primary pg. The experience factor really pushes him over the top.
Except the part where St Peters didn’t even guard him.Looking at his stat line he did pretty well. I seem to recall some pretty good games from him, one being against KU. He also rated as one of the best pg last season. I know you're probably still pouty over not getting the result that, as a fan, you felt entitled to, but there really isn't much evidence to support he isn't a top-rated pg.
I disagree on him not being adequate in half court. We got forced into playing a lot in the half court last season and he still ranked as one of the best pg's in the country. He is a solid 2pt shooter and a really good driver and finisher at the rim. He is a great FT shooter, solid defender and really good floor general. The offense just clicks when he is at the pg with the right mix of players around him. He also has loads of experience that Wallace can't match in a few short months.None of those Bahamas opponents slowed the game down. Wheeler is taylor made for that kind of game and I love it when a team wants to run with UK, especially when Wheeler is running the show.
But in a low possession game, Wheeler is a big liability.
Wallace will need some time to adjust, but when he does, he has to be the guy in the NCAAT when we run into a team that plays stall ball.
What you saw in the Bahamas is not the college game. What you saw in the Bahamas was no ncaat level teams. If we could run up and down yeah wheeler can’t push it. The fact is that college bb is a halfcourt game especially come March. I’ve seen Cason blow by wheeler in a scrimmage. He’s more athletic, taller, much better shooter. This dude really could be a top 5 pick as a pg. wheeler. It will be a disappointing ending if cal rides him like last year.If anyone watched the Bahamas games, the offense moves much faster and fluid with Wheeler running the point. For this team to reach its goals, he is going to have to be the primary pg. The experience factor really pushes him over the top.
Dude leadbelly it’s this simple with wheeler when you start spouting “wheeeler one of the best blah blah blah”. “ he lead the sec in assists the last two years blah blah blah”. The bottom line is wheeler doesn’t win. He hasn’t won an ncaa tournament game in 2 years of leading the sec and being one of the best pgs in the country as you say.I disagree on him not being adequate in half court. We got forced into playing a lot in the half court last season and he still ranked as one of the best pg's in the country. He is a solid 2pt shooter and a really good driver and finisher at the rim. He is a great FT shooter, solid defender and really good floor general. The offense just clicks when he is at the pg with the right mix of players around him. He also has loads of experience that Wallace can't match in a few short months.
Teams also won't be able to slow us down as easily and often this year. We are really fast and long, plus we have a deep bench. We can force the tempo in a lot of games if we choose. And I think we will have more consistent shooters in Wallace, Reeves, Livingston, CJ and Toppin this season to really limit Wheeler from being depended on hitting many.
I do think Wallace will play a good amount at the 1 as well, but Wheeler should start. I hope Thiero gets some minutes at the 1 as well. His size, speed and athleticism will give team fits. Plus he has a nice shot.
He's only been once. And it wasn't exactly with a healthy team. I can assure you, absent an unexpected issue, Wheeler will be the starting pg and playing the brunt of the minutes there for UK this season, as he should. And I fully expect he helps lead us to a F4, while also contending for the Bob Cousey award for himself.Dude leadbelly it’s this simple with wheeler when you start spouting “wheeeler one of the best blah blah blah”. “ he lead the sec in assists the last two years blah blah blah”. The bottom line is wheeler doesn’t win. He hasn’t won an ncaa tournament game in 2 years of leading the sec and being one of the best pgs in the country as you say.
Because as we all know, basketball is only played with one player.Dude leadbelly it’s this simple with wheeler when you start spouting “wheeeler one of the best blah blah blah”. “ he lead the sec in assists the last two years blah blah blah”. The bottom line is wheeler doesn’t win. He hasn’t won an ncaa tournament game in 2 years of leading the sec and being one of the best pgs in the country as you say.
Fred who?Good problem to have no doubt.
Let's go with Oscar, Toppin, Livingston, Wallace and Wheeler and fill it up.
Or Oscar, Collins, Reeves, Fred and Wallace and watch defense. Although I think Thiero is really really good on that end too.
This. Wheeler and Oscar are the 2 guaranteed starters, the rest are plug and play. Wheeler just needs 5 minutes rest a half to be an All-American PG.He's only been once. And it wasn't exactly with a healthy team. I can assure you, absent an unexpected issue, Wheeler will be the starting pg and playing the brunt of the minutes there for UK this season, as he should. And I fully expect he helps lead us to a F4, while also contending for the Bob Cousey award for himself.
Not many top teams out there changing their starting line up based on opponent.Your fear lineup is the most likely one Cal will go with.
Against uNC, that’s a good lineup to go with. Wheeler is a star in an up and down game.
Problem is, if we played Virginia, Cal will still go with that lineup and it'll be a rock fight to the very end.
That’s one of several things Cal needs to change.
Grady: 1-9People love to ignore the fact that St Peters did not even guard Wheeler and that’s the reason we lost.
What leads those people to believe that won’t happen again?
I think Toppin is guaranteed a starting spot as well. Very likely that Wallace does start at the 2. I personally think the only position for debate right now is the 3. Reeves seems like the best option to start because of his shooting and scoring, but Livingston is also a solid option, nor would it be a shock to see Call start Collins at the 3.This. Wheeler and Oscar are the 2 guaranteed starters, the rest are plug and play. Wheeler just needs 5 minutes rest a half to be an All-American PG.
KSR Football
LIVE BLOG: No. 24 Kentucky at South Carolina
KSR Basketball
Big Blue Madness Recap + Mason Williams | Sources Say
KSR Football
Five Things You Need to Know About the South Carolina Gamecocks
KSR Football
The KSR Pregame Show is live from Fan Fest in Lexington
KSR Football
Cole Cubelic Shares Good News and Bad News for Kentucky-South Carolina