The RPI “What If” Report….

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Aka the “Yes, you should get mad when we lose to Central Arkansas” Report.

So the methodology is:

Warren Nolan provides our RPI number (the number actually used to rank us): .578
I took our adjusted record from Boyds world and added today’s win: 25.1-15 for a win percentage of .625935
Warren Nolan provides our Opponents Win % at .5621
I take those numbers and back into our Opponents’ Opponents’ Win %: .578= .25(.625935)+.5(.5621)+.25X

Then I simply changed home game losses to wins one by one by adding .7 to the wins column and subtracting 1.3 from the loss column. Im just going to tell you what we would be ranked based on all the RPI numbers midday b/c Im sure they are all about the same (Boyd’s World stops after 3 decimal points to its a little bit of a guess on some of them).

1 more home win: Around 21
2 more home wins: 19
3 more home wins: Around 14
4 more home wins: 12.

Also:
2 more home wins and hang onto any 1 of the 3 against Florida, Florida or OM (Larry fields a grounder): Around 15.

If you see a flaw, let me know. The servers are running hot.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Would you be willing to subscribe to my RPI newsletter?

If yes, and the annual cost was $50,000 would you:

A. Definitely subscribe
B. Likely Subscribe
C. Possibly Subscribe
D. Definitely Not Subscribe
Still looking for the other 9,999 questions in your survey.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Aka the “Yes, you should get mad when we lose to Central Arkansas” Report.

So the methodology is:

Warren Nolan provides our RPI number (the number actually used to rank us): .578
I took our adjusted record from Boyds world and added today’s win: 25.1-15 for a win percentage of .625935
Warren Nolan provides our Opponents Win % at .5621
I take those numbers and back into our Opponents’ Opponents’ Win %: .578= .25(.625935)+.5(.5621)+.25X

Then I simply changed home game losses to wins one by one by adding .7 to the wins column and subtracting 1.3 from the loss column. Im just going to tell you what we would be ranked based on all the RPI numbers midday b/c Im sure they are all about the same (Boyd’s World stops after 3 decimal points to its a little bit of a guess on some of them).

1 more home win: Around 21
2 more home wins: 19
3 more home wins: Around 14
4 more home wins: 12.

Also:
2 more home wins and hang onto any 1 of the 3 against Florida, Florida or OM (Larry fields a grounder): Around 15.

If you see a flaw, let me know. The servers are running hot.

Thanks much for this. Like I tried to tell Hunt's stubborn *** earlier. It's not the scheduling of weak teams so much as it is the losing to those weak teams. Win the games and your number is very different.

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
Thanks much for this. Like I tried to tell Hunt's stubborn *** earlier. It's not the scheduling of weak teams so much as it is the losing to those weak teams. Win the games and your number is very different.
Buh muh bet is really a good one for ya! I gat ten rounds to lose an ya can't lose if you win!

He needs to quit worrying about betting a player gets drafted in a certain slot and hopes he gets hot and bats like rooker until the a draft. If Hines starts to perform like he can the team will be better for it.

But Hunt knows all things baseball and the rest of us are just stupid 17ers.

Reactions: She Mate Me

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Basically, we’d be a National Seed if we had a closer in the bullpen?