USMNT Thread

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Germany had the better of the play overall but the US certainly had some chances. Turner had a few nice stops, but the result seems about right for the overall play of the game.
Any sense that Germany is making a run towards returning to the top tier?

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Any sense that Germany is making a run towards returning to the top tier?
I think so. They are going with a more youthful side and have some really great talent. The US doesn't have a Gundogan that can simply control the middle of the field and tempo of the game. Their midfield >>> US midfield which even with a healthy Adams is still a step behind them. Their CB's are all proven at the highest levels and are some big dudes. Some of the play yesterday truly looked effortless in breaking down the US squad. It was actually nice to watch even rooting against them.

Reactions: A2nit and LionJim

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
Is it just TgR or does everyone have to hold back vomit when they see a Berhalter post game presser or anytime he comments?

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Is it just TgR or does everyone have to hold back vomit when they see a Berhalter post game presser or anytime he comments?
Joe Gibbs was notorious for bad press conference, inarticulate as hell. Good coach, though.

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
Joe Gibbs was notorious for bad press conference, inarticulate as hell. Good coach, though.
If only Berhalter was a good coach.

Back at the end of the 80s / early 90s I lived on 19th street SE in DC, the eastern end of Capitol Hill. I used to walk over to games at RFK and concerts as well. I loved NFL Sundays and it was also the beginning of MLS.

The Redskins with Jack Kent Cooke followed by Snyder and the various coaches over the years have always been an entertains group to follow. Gonna seemed more at home in front of a Microphone discussing NASCAR than the Skins that’s for sure. Even there though he always seemed a little fidgety / uncertain/ rather be some place else….. LOL.

Thanks for mentioning him.

Reactions: LionJim

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
The USMNT dominates the 1st half, but is unable to find the back of the net. T&T is really packing things in on their defensive half.

GreggK

May 25, 2022
Only said that slightly in jest before the crybabies cry. Sergio Dest with an absurdly stupid play.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
What crawled up Dest’s arse? No need for that at all. Zero excuses for that BS. He’s as big baby.