WBK assistant Gabe Lazo was promoted on Friday to Assistant Head Coach and then...

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Just in time for half the team to hit the portal.

So far, we have these transfers out:
Mjracle Sheppard
Darrione Rogers
Ramani Parker
Jasmine Brown-Hagger
Nyagonah Gony

and these graduates:
Jessika Carter
Lauren Park-Lane
Eryn Barnum

Actually, now that I type that out, who’s left? Jordan and Montague?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: WilCoDawg

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
Michael Biehn Wtf GIF by GritTV

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017

Mrjacle Sheppard
Darrione Rogers
Ramani Parker
Jasmine Brown-Hagger
Nyagonah Gony

and these graduates:
Jessika Carter
Lauren Park-Lane
Eryn Barnum

Were they all dyslexic strippers?

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012

Mjracle Sheppard
Darrione Rogers
Ramani Parker
Jasmine Brown-Hagger
Nyagonah Gony

and these graduates:
Jessika Carter
Lauren Park-Lane
Eryn Barnum

Who’s blonde going to play with?***

Reactions: Dawgg

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
The thing that stinks about Gabe and just where we are at, is that he’s going to be 2nd or 3rd chair there. So the pay difference was enough for him to take a demotion on paper.

Rumor is that they are paying significantly more.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Mjracle Sheppard
Darrione Rogers
Ramani Parker
Jasmine Brown-Hagger
Nyagonah Gony

and these graduates:
Jessika Carter
Lauren Park-Lane
Eryn Barnum

Apparently it's just going to become completely normal to play for 3 or 4 different schools in your college career.

This is going to end really well...

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
His little and short boat is 3/4 sank in Oktibbeha County Lake. Our ignorant & arrogant AD should have replaced him just like TN’s AD did with their coach….

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
The thing that stinks about Gabe and just where we are at, is that he’s going to be 2nd or 3rd chair there. So the pay difference was enough for him to take a demotion on paper.

Rumor is that they are paying significantly more.
In a way, I kind of get why they would. Tennessee used to be synonymous with women’s college basketball. Now, they’re middle of the pack in their own conference and it’s only going to get worse for them when OU and Texas get here.

With women’s college basketball kind of peaking nationally, they’re being left behind when they believe they should be up there with South Carolina, UConn, Stanford, etc. Meanwhile, it’s been over 15 years since their last Final Four and almost 10 since their last Elite Eight.

Reactions: knock him out john

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Thinking a little more about the original post.

This makes it seem like Sam may have no idea what's happening within his own program. To announce the promotion of an employee and have them decide to leave your employment in the same week seems, shall we say, odd...

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Most of those players are leaving because we've got better players coming in. Sam is flipping the roster and getting us more athletic

If he is, that's good. He's got to be on a short leash to getting us back to consistent tournaments. Otherwise move on quickly.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

This makes it seem like Sam may have no idea what's happening within his own program. To announce the promotion of an employee and have them decide to leave your employment in the same week seems, shall we say, odd...
It doesn’t happen a lot, but it does happen. Just look at when Leach hired Arnett after he was announced as the DC for Syracuse. That happened in about three days.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It doesn’t happen a lot, but it does happen. Just look at when Leach hired Arnett after he was announced as the DC for Syracuse. That happened in about three days.

That's true.

I'm really rooting for the guy. I'm just not close enough to the program to have any idea how competent he is.

That late season meltdown was 17'n disturbing. I thought he had us ready for a Sweet 16 run. Fooled me.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
That's true.

I'm really rooting for the guy. I'm just not close enough to the program to have any idea how competent he is.

That late season meltdown was 17'n disturbing. I thought he had us ready for a Sweet 16 run. Fooled me.
I really think it was poor chemistry and it got uglier as the season went on. Rogers was the worst culprit. She got into it with at least one player almost every game.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019

What you say may be true but this move seemed to me as Sam making a last ditch effort to keep Gabe on the staff by promoting him.

Reactions: Anon1664516582

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Ok so what is it.
Rogers wasn't the big problem and there was other things too. Definitely had some cohesion issues on the team, Some here before Sam got here. We also struggled on defense due to poor athleticism. The roster needed to be flipped. Shepherd had no offensive game, Brown had potential but was another year away, Rogers was a good bench piece but defense wasn't strong. We're on some really good players, just haven't get them. I'm not disappointed with the coaching changes either. I know folks like Lazo but I'm fine with him leaving.

Last edited:

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
Glad to see our President understands the basic economics of sports.

As far as Gabe I wouldn’t leave just because it’s TN. The new coach could be their Nikki.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
Rogers wasn't the big problem and there was other things too. Definitely had some cohesion issues on the team, Some here before Sam got here. We also struggled on defense due to poor athleticism. The roster needed to be flipped. Shepherd had no offensive game, Brown had potential but was another year away, Rogers was a good bench piece but defense wasn't strong. We're on some really good players, just haven't get them. I'm not disappointed with the coaching changes either. I know folks like Lazo but I'm fine with him leaving.
Sam… tell us how you really feel..