We Need To Keep Our Entire Coaching Staff intact. Yes Even Satterfield. AD Tanner Don't Mess This Up. Lock These In Longterm Contracts.

Thunderstick

Jan 21, 2022
So you agree with giving Muschamp a long term big contract instead of a performance based contract? I think you didn’t understand.
What I believe I said was : Yes, to giving more money (salary increase); No, to giving contract extensions (with unpalatable buyouts). Sorry I was not lucid with my thoughts.

Last edited:

vacock

Joined Oct 26, 1998 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 20, 2022
What I believe I said was : Yes, to giving more money (salary increase); No, to giving contract extensions (with unpalatable buyouts). Sorry I was not lucid with my thoughts.
And I would rather give big money for performance than just more salary. Peace. Not our call anyway!

Reactions: Thunderstick

BetaLiberalCock1

Oct 22, 2022
Just like all the crybabies here whine constantly about Satterfield, even after 2 HUGE wins.

Like I said, Kurt Roper is available. And that's exactly what we would get. History proves me right. You insanely stupid "throw out any amount money" is moronic and isn't going to happen for a reason. Because we CAN'T.
Actually with the SEC revenue sharing / *WE CAN* ---- It's people *EXACTLY LIKE YOU* that stops that from happening.

"History" proves nothing. $$$$$ proves everything.

Reactions: Lurker123

BetaLiberalCock1

Oct 22, 2022
You mean the playcalling that dropped a record 63 points on Tennessee. Or maybe you are stupid enough to believe the phantom playcaller stupidity. With a username like that, I suspect there is a whole lot of stupid in your life.

No. I mean the playcalling that can't figure out to hand the ball off to a 5 star RB when it's 1st and 5 at the goal line.

RE: my username. I'm neither Beta nor liberal. / I gotta do what I gotta do to keep me on the board so I can educate people like you about football. You're welcome. Have a pleasant day.

BetaLiberalCock1

Oct 22, 2022
Lloyd was not himself.
That Bama win
was followed by a terrible loss, not a huge win against our rival.
You are a moron. Spurrier couldn't do what Satt did to Tennessee even when he was a Florida.
1) Who was he then? Did he "identify" as somebody else that day? Looked fine to me running straight up the middle at mid field. But let's put aside all common sense and *NOT* hand the ball off to our 5 star RB at the 5 yrd line. Pure genius. <smh>

2) You said Spurrier didn't have that big of a win...... You said "That Bama win" > Full stop. ---- You were wrong. (shocking) Now you're trying to say "oh yeah" and re-write history so that you're right. Nope. You're wrong. (again, shocking)

3) You're losing a very simple debate to a moron then. :) Again, have a pleasant day.

Guy in the Back

Jan 22, 2022
I try to be rational and respectful on here. However, I can’t fathom how anyone can compare Spurrier to Satt. Spurrier revolutionized offensive football. When he got to us, he learned to lean on an outstanding D. He adapted until he couldn’t adapt anymore.

What I will say about his play calling is this…plays were well designed. He often had routes that were free but the read was missed. He knew who to ride and how.

I have said this frequently, some of our play designs are poor (such as one eligible receiver in a space to be cover by two, and often too many receivers in the same spot). I even told someone when we gave up the safety that the closest route was 8 plus yards…how does that happen when you know your OL struggles and you are in your own endzone.

Guy in the Back

Jan 22, 2022
We did average 31 points per game this year, get rid of the poor performances (3) and we see a decent offense
We did not average that many in league play. Prior to Tenn, we averaged less than 20 ppg. Add in Tenn and it went up to around 25 ppg.

This is taking out defensive or special teams TDs.

WingchunCock

Joined Dec 27, 2020
Jan 22, 2022
We did not average that many in league play. Prior to Tenn, we averaged less than 20 ppg. Add in Tenn and it went up to around 25 ppg.

This is taking out defensive or special teams TDs.
My claim was not exclusive to league play. Just total points scored.

Guy in the Back

Jan 22, 2022
My claim was not exclusive to league play. Just total points scored.
I got you. Sometimes stats don’t tell the whole story. Like folks get caught up on total defense when there is truly only one stat that matters, ppg. On offense, truly only one stats that matter, ppg.

Both can get out of whack when the OOC schedule is weak. In addition to that, offensive numbers can get inflated when a team is far enough behind they go against 2nd and 3rd group defenses. We have scored and given up our share of garbage points through the years.

Reactions: WingchunCock

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
I got you. Sometimes stats don’t tell the whole story. Like folks get caught up on total defense when there is truly only one stat that matters, ppg. On offense, truly only one stats that matter, ppg.

Both can get out of whack when the OOC schedule is weak. In addition to that, offensive numbers can get inflated when a team is far enough behind they go against 2nd and 3rd group defenses. We have scored and given up our share of garbage points through the years.

Ppg can also be out of whack when we include special teams and defensive scores, which the 31 ppg does.

An example is the A&M game. A kickoff return, then a turnover that the offense did nothing with led to 10 points. Then another turnover inside the red zone gave a third td. So the offense got 20 (ish) yards and credit for 17 points.

Guy in the Back

Jan 22, 2022
Ppg can also be out of whack when we include special teams and defensive scores, which the 31 ppg does.

An example is the A&M game. A kickoff return, then a turnover that the offense did nothing with led to 10 points. Then another turnover inside the red zone gave a third td. So the offense got 20 (ish) yards and credit for 17 points.
Yep. I did go back and average that ppg in league play, taking out defensive and special teams scores. What I didn’t have the time for is how many times we crated a short field and got O or 3 points out of it.

I’ll give the man his due for the Tenn game. Against Clemson, the D gave us the ball a lot. The only thing we couldn’t do is screw it up. The score of this game was a lot closer than it should have been when you look at our missed opportunities.

Reactions: Lurker123

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Again, you have no good answer. That "retread" finished 17th in the nation 2 years ago and won his division over much younger coaches this year.

Yeah, the amazing Mack Brown. LOL

He and Longo look great. There's your "good" answer. 7.5 point dogs. Losing by 30 at the start of the 4th.

Last edited:

Latest posts