We Need To Keep Our Entire Coaching Staff intact. Yes Even Satterfield. AD Tanner Don't Mess This Up. Lock These In Longterm Contracts.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
How was it that we had to burn two of our second half timeouts yesterday in the third quarter to avoid delay of game penalties in situations where we were ALREADY in third and long?
Yes. Luckily those burned time-outs didn't cost us.

Reactions: Rogue Cock

Wcocat

Joined Sep 5, 2003 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 17, 2022
Beamer isn't going anywhere even if offered $20 million per year. I promise. His dream job is USC. He's living his dream.
Agree. Having more money than you know what to do with is not the be all end all for everyone. And There is not a major conference head coach struggling to pay his bills. Most of them make more in a year than the average fan makes in twenty. That said, Shane and staff deserve the raises coming their way. Great season!

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Yes. Luckily those burned time-outs didn't cost us.
Yes, fortunately we survived those - along with two or three other things. I think the players' grit is what won the game. There was a lot to overcome.

WingchunCock

Joined Dec 27, 2020
Jan 22, 2022
I don't like that thinking. We could just as easily say take away the two or three good performances. (Although I'm not sure there was a third that wasnt against patsies)

I prefer to go with the season stats.
31 points per game was including the poor performance games...

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
It's not Satterfield's choice - Beamer makes the decisions.
I would be talking to Ruggiero if Beamer wants to make a move.

Warren Ruggiero, who has coordinated the most prolific offenses in Wake Forest history over the past five seasons and was a Broyles Award finalist in 2021, is set to enter his ninth season as Wake Forest’s offensive coordinator and quarterback coach in 2022.

Ruggiero, head coach Dave Clawson and their offensive staff have engineered an offense that has rewritten the record books at Wake Forest. The Deacons have set over 350 school records including marks for points scored, points per game, total offensive yards, first downs and passing yards over the past five seasons. Also, the Deacs are the only football program in the ACC to average at least 30 points per game each year since 2017.

Specifically in 2021, Wake Forest scored a program-best 574 points and averaged a school-record 41.0 ppg. That point total ranks 43rd in modern FBS history and the fourth-most in ACC history. Additionally, Wake Forest became just the 20th ACC team in the college football modern era (Post-WWII) to cross over the milestone of 500 points scored in a single season. Individually, the Deacons topped 35 points in a game 12 times during the 2021 campaign. In the College Football Playoff Era, Wake Forest is one of seven teams (2014 Oregon, 2018 Alabama, 2018 Oklahoma, 2019 Alabama, 2019 LSU, 2020 Alabama) to accomplish that feat.

Yes, it is Satterfield's choice. It's not just about him staying here at this point. He does have other options. Most people outside a few in our idiot fanbase can see the potential and would be willing to risk it. They know what a dumpster fire SC is, and many would look at how things ended and give him a chance.

As for WFs offense, I don't think so. The mesh crap might work in the ACC, but the SEC is a different animal. Likely explains why he is still at Wake.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
#1) Lloyd says hello.
#2) Re: Spurrier / #1 Alabama came to Williams-Brice while Garcia was our QB and Marcus Lattimore was our RB and we handed Bama their butts that day.....
#3) You really have no Earthly clue what you're talking about. Where is the ignore button? Your comments are ridiculously wrong. OC needs to be fired yesterday. He is *HORRID*

Lloyd was not himself.
That Bama win was followed by a terrible loss, not a huge win against our rival.
You are a moron. Spurrier couldn't do what Satt did to Tennessee even when he was a Florida.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
We don't hate Satterfield. We hate his playcalling because it sucks. You are seriously not bright. Stop talking.

You mean the playcalling that dropped a record 63 points on Tennessee. Or maybe you are stupid enough to believe the phantom playcaller stupidity. With a username like that, I suspect there is a whole lot of stupid in your life.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Dude, WE KNOW....... you've made that crystal clear. You clearly have his testiculage area all over your chin. They guy is a horrible OC and needs to be shown the door. Horrible. Horrid. Putrid. Clearly doesn't understand situational football, etc.... he's awful.

Just like all the crybabies here whine constantly about Satterfield, even after 2 HUGE wins.

Like I said, Kurt Roper is available. And that's exactly what we would get. History proves me right. You insanely stupid "throw out any amount money" is moronic and isn't going to happen for a reason. Because we CAN'T.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
How was it that we had to burn two of our second half timeouts yesterday in the third quarter to avoid delay of game penalties in situations where we were ALREADY in third and long?

You mean like Spurrier burn 2 timeouts in a row at Tennessee. It happens. In the end, we won. Stop crying.

Last edited:

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
No one hates Satterfield, but if he were let go today there’s not a single school that would hire him as the OC. College OC isn’t his gift.

And your point makes no sense because it is based on Bobo and Roper (or someone like them) coming back. There's a lot experienced OC options that would come to USC that aren't old retreads. Tons of them. With real, NCAA OC experience and schemes meant for college kids.

Completely untrue. He's already been mentioned for the job at Nebraska.

And history proves me absolutely correct. It would absolutely be a tired *** retread, unless you think we were just hiring them before for fun.

Hell, we couldn't even hold on to Bobo. LOL. Delusion.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022

To be fair, it was just an article that listed former assistants under Rhule.

I actually wish you were right in this case though, as Nebraska could solve this issue for us. But we're not that lucky.

Reactions: Lakecock1

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
To be fair, it was just an article that listed former assistants under Rhule.

I actually wish you were right in this case though, as Nebraska could solve this issue for us. But we're not that lucky.

Yeah, they could solve the issue of blowing out Tennessee and back to back top 10 wins for us really fast.

But Kurt Roper would come back for sure. I was wrong about Bobo. We couldn't even hold onto him. Unlikely to come back. Probably would choose a directional school instead.

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022

And history proves me absolutely correct. It would absolutely be a tired *** retread, unless you think we were just hiring them before for fun.

Hell, we couldn't even hold on to Bobo. LOL. Delusion.

Rhule will make him the TE coach (just like he did when they went to Baylor). He was good enough to be OC at Temple for Rhule, but immediately demoted when it counted. If he made him the OC, it would be like Muschump hiring Roper again.

Whatever1

Mar 27, 2022
Lloyd was not himself.
That Bama win was followed by a terrible loss, not a huge win against our rival.
You are a moron. Spurrier couldn't do what Satt did to Tennessee even when he was a Florida.
Lol this moron is now claiming that satterfielf is a better offensive mind than Spurrier.

Clean your face off dude, you've still got some satterfield on you

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Lol this moron is now claiming that satterfielf is a better offensive mind than Spurrier.

Clean your face off dude, you've still got some satterfield on you

He's done more with less and faster than Spurrier did here. That's a FACT. Spurrier really never produced what you delusional clown expect of Satterfield in 2 years out from a total disaster.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Yeah, they could solve the issue of blowing out Tennessee and back to back top 10 wins for us really fast.

But Kurt Roper would come back for sure. I was wrong about Bobo. We couldn't even hold onto him. Unlikely to come back. Probably would choose a directional school instead.

Has anyone called for Roper to be hired other than you?

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Has anyone called for Roper to be hired other than you?

I'm not calling for it. But that's exactly what we would end up with. Some worn out retread that is looking for a 3rd or 4th chance.

Like I said, we couldn't even hold on to Bobo. FACT.

Whatever1

Mar 27, 2022
He's done more with less and faster than Spurrier did here. That's a FACT. Spurrier really never produced what you delusional clown expect of Satterfield in 2 years out from a total disaster.
Alright...yea, you're on mute now. It was cute for a bit. Now you're on your own planet with the trolling.

Someone who doesn't have him muted, please look for a hidden code in his messages to find out where satterfield has him locked up and ensure he isn't in imminent danger.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Alright...yea, you're on mute now. It was cute for a bit. Now you're on your own planet with the trolling.

Someone who doesn't have him muted, please look for a hidden code in his messages to find out where satterfield has him locked up and ensure he isn't in imminent danger.

Spurrier NEVER did what we did to Tennessee, even while at Florida. Fact.

It took YEARS for his offense to get going here. Fact.

Deal with it, hater.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
That is literally the same stupidity you tried to pull in a discussion about how nobody is talking about Arkansas a few weeks ago.

Hilarious that you couldn't see that i baited you into that.

I think you should reread that thread before trying to pretend this was some "bait" job. But the attempt is not a surprising deflection.

Reactions: Thunderstick

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
The word "retread" is being thrown around here as to who/what we would hire to replace Satterfield with. Yet, wasn't Satterfield 6 years out from a prior shot as OC when we hired him? So, wouldn't that make HIM a "retread"?

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
The word "retread" is being thrown around here as to who/what we would hire to replace Satterfield with. Yet, wasn't Satterfield 6 years out from a prior shot as OC when we hired him? So, wouldn't that make HIM a "retread"?

No, he left for a head coaching job. He wasn't fired or part of a failing staff.

By that definition, anybody that had been an OC would be a retread.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
And once again, when you find yourself unable to respond to the point at issue, you resort to ad hominem attacks....the refuge of.......(I'll let you figure that one out).

Credit to Rogue

If you can't think for yourself, at least pick somebody smart to parrot.

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
Spurrier NEVER did what we did to Tennessee, even while at Florida. Fact.

It took YEARS for his offense to get going here. Fact.

Deal with it, hater.
Hahaha. Mrs. Satterfield, you need a little history lesson about what Spurrier did at Florida. He definitely never won 31-0 or 62-37 against Tennessee. Definitely not.

It's ok, you'll have a very nice life in Nebraska. Trust me.

Latest posts