We Need To Keep Our Entire Coaching Staff intact. Yes Even Satterfield. AD Tanner Don't Mess This Up. Lock These In Longterm Contracts.

Psycock

Joined Jan 20, 2001
Jan 29, 2022
Agree! As painful as they were, will gladly trade the Mizzou-UF losses for Tenn-Clem victories. Some lightbulbs went off somewhere so I’m for whatever Shane thinks is best. We are used to coaches coming and going - something to be said for keeping the staff intact. Jimbo $16 mil, Dabo what $10-12 mil?? I’d rather have Shane than either one of them.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
We got Beamer on the cheap, so I think he may be the lowest paid head coach in the SEC. He has definitely earned a raise and extension to bring him to a compensation level commensurate with what he's accomplished. But we should keep our sanity about it all.

As far as the assistant coaching staff goes, let Beamer call the shots there, but if it were up to me, I'd probably make sure Lembo was the highest paid ST coordinator in the country. I think he's earned it.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Our staff pulled it together late in the season, but on the overall body of work, I don’t see many other teams coming after anyone. Aside from Lembo, of course.

We should keep the staff intact, but reasonably so.

Reactions: BigBadMrB

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Satterfield will move on with Rhule to Nebraska. And that’s best for everyone. Just because Lembo is a genius, and won the big game, it doesn’t mean Satt gets a pass.

let’s get a dude that can do this (at the very least) 50% of the time.

Satt doesn't need a pass. 31 points on Clemson with no legit running backs and losing your best receiver is not just good, it's great. I doubt Spurrier pulls that off, just like he never pulled off what we did last week.

If you expected someone to come into that disaster of a mess that Muschamp left behind and deliver what he has delivered (at the very least) 50% of the time, then your expectations are absurd.

Sometimes our fanbase can't even get out of it's own way. Fans would rather tank the team if they don't have the guy they want as coach.

But hey, I hear we might be able to land Kurt Roper again. That's best for everyone.

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
Satt doesn't need a pass. 31 points on Clemson with no legit running backs and losing your best receiver is not just good, it's great. I doubt Spurrier pulls that off, just like he never pulled off what we did last week.

If you expected someone to come into that disaster of a mess that Muschamp left behind and deliver what he has delivered (at the very least) 50% of the time, then your expectations are absurd.

Sometimes our fanbase can't even get out of it's own way. Fans would rather tank the team if they don't have the guy they want as coach.

But hey, I hear we might be able to land Kurt Roper again. That's best for everyone.
Did you watch the previous 10 games before the last two?

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Our staff pulled it together late in the season, but on the overall body of work, I don’t see many other teams coming after anyone. Aside from Lembo, of course.

We should keep the staff intact, but reasonably so.
I think it would be wise to lock down Beamer and most of the staff (especially White and Lembo) with raises and extensions but not Satterfield. IF Beamer chooses to keep him, it should be a 1 yr deal (probationary period) with minimal buyout. Don't think anyone will be beating the door down to steal him away.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Satterfield will move on with Rhule to Nebraska. And that’s best for everyone. Just because Lembo is a genius, and won the big game, it doesn’t mean Satt gets a pass.

let’s get a dude that can do this (at the very least) 50% of the time.

I had forgotten that Rhule was going to Nebraska. That might just be the out that saves us a hard decision.

Bushmaster

Jan 31, 2022
Carolina has been mediocre and longing for a big time football program for its entire existence, and always gone with conventional wisdom when it comes to coaching changes.
Beamer has a different way of doing things, like not publicly berating his coaches and players , meeting recruits out front, always trying to be positive, putting a huge emphasis on special teams, etc.
I think he has his finger on the pulse of this team, and after these first 2 seasons especially given the hole muschamp put us in, he deserves the right to do what he feels is the right move with Satterfield. Only the most self-absorbed couch coach fans will try to cause dissent for him if he chooses to retain Satt

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Carolina has been mediocre and longing for a big time football program for its entire existence, and always gone with conventional wisdom when it comes to coaching changes.
Beamer has a different way of doing things, like not publicly berating his coaches and players , meeting recruits out front, always trying to be positive, putting a huge emphasis on special teams, etc.
I think he has his finger on the pulse of this team, and after these first 2 seasons especially given the hole muschamp put us in, he deserves the right to do what he feels is the right move with Satterfield. Only the most self-absorbed couch coach fans will try to cause dissent for him if he chooses to retain Satt
Agree, and if he does keep Satterfield, it should be short term/probationary with low buyout.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022

Well, we've got no shortage of those.

Reactions: BigBadMrB

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022

Warren Ruggerio at Wake and Ponce at App St are two good options who would love to move up to the SEC.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
I had forgotten that Rhule was going to Nebraska. That might just be the out that saves us a hard decision.

If I didn't love my Gamecocks so much, it would be funny to see the reaction from you mental midgets when we end up with some retread like Bobo and Roper.

But your hate for Satterfield is so irrationally insane, you would rather lose with one of them than win with Satt and admit you were wrong.

Lakemurraycock

Joined Sep 28, 2003
Jan 20, 2022
I can see giving them a raise for a good season but just don't increase any buyouts. Jimbo's buyout is currently 85 million and I heard we built the CLA for 60 million. Jimbo's buyout could build TAMU a nice basketball arena.
Part of the reason to increase buyouts is to make it painful for other teams to go after your coach. Probably should increase Shane's buyout. Some buyouts get stupid though like A&Ms and Muschamps.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
No to Ponce. Maybe Ruggerio if Satt chooses to leave, but this ain't the A SHE SHE. No way I give up Satt for either.

It's not Satterfield's choice - Beamer makes the decisions.
I would be talking to Ruggiero if Beamer wants to make a move.

Warren Ruggiero, who has coordinated the most prolific offenses in Wake Forest history over the past five seasons and was a Broyles Award finalist in 2021, is set to enter his ninth season as Wake Forest’s offensive coordinator and quarterback coach in 2022.

Ruggiero, head coach Dave Clawson and their offensive staff have engineered an offense that has rewritten the record books at Wake Forest. The Deacons have set over 350 school records including marks for points scored, points per game, total offensive yards, first downs and passing yards over the past five seasons. Also, the Deacs are the only football program in the ACC to average at least 30 points per game each year since 2017.

Specifically in 2021, Wake Forest scored a program-best 574 points and averaged a school-record 41.0 ppg. That point total ranks 43rd in modern FBS history and the fourth-most in ACC history. Additionally, Wake Forest became just the 20th ACC team in the college football modern era (Post-WWII) to cross over the milestone of 500 points scored in a single season. Individually, the Deacons topped 35 points in a game 12 times during the 2021 campaign. In the College Football Playoff Era, Wake Forest is one of seven teams (2014 Oregon, 2018 Alabama, 2018 Oklahoma, 2019 Alabama, 2019 LSU, 2020 Alabama) to accomplish that feat.

WingchunCock

Joined Dec 27, 2020
Jan 22, 2022
We did average 31 points per game this year, get rid of the poor performances (3) and we see a decent offense

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022

We Need To Keep Our Entire Coaching Staff intact. Yes Even Satterfield. AD Tanner Don't Mess This Up. Lock These In Longterm Contracts.​

I see that you've given careful consideration to your "handle". This warrants a case-by-case consideration.

Reactions: BetaLiberalCock1

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
If I didn't love my Gamecocks so much, it would be funny to see the reaction from you mental midgets when we end up with some retread like Bobo and Roper.

But your hate for Satterfield is so irrationally insane, you would rather lose with one of them than win with Satt and admit you were wrong.

No one hates Satterfield, but if he were let go today there’s not a single school that would hire him as the OC. College OC isn’t his gift.

And your point makes no sense because it is based on Bobo and Roper (or someone like them) coming back. There's a lot experienced OC options that would come to USC that aren't old retreads. Tons of them. With real, NCAA OC experience and schemes meant for college kids.

Last edited:

Midlands Mike

Feb 2, 2022
I know this has been speculated the past 2 weeks but are we even sure Satt was calling the plays? I was at the game so I didn’t watch on TV or see any clips of him or other coaches on the sideline but chatter the past few weeks is that it’s been a group effort on play calls. If Beamer is just trying to protect his buddy’s image and let him take another job this offseason that would be fine with me. Not sure how everything magically is clicking after 10 weeks of putting an incompetent offense on the field.

THMoore100

Joined Jun 1, 2018
Jan 18, 2022
Maybe we can give satt a 1 year deal with a 15 million dollar buyout so if rhule wants him we can get paid back for the last 2 years of his service. Lol. I think if the man calls a good game in the bowl that we should keep him. I'm just scared that maybe he got aggressive bc he was coaching for his job and he reverts back to being super conservative next year.

Reactions: Lurker123

Thunderstick

Jan 21, 2022
It's not Satterfield's choice - Beamer makes the decisions.
I would be talking to Ruggiero if Beamer wants to make a move.

Warren Ruggiero, who has coordinated the most prolific offenses in Wake Forest history over the past five seasons and was a Broyles Award finalist in 2021, is set to enter his ninth season as Wake Forest’s offensive coordinator and quarterback coach in 2022.

Ruggiero, head coach Dave Clawson and their offensive staff have engineered an offense that has rewritten the record books at Wake Forest. The Deacons have set over 350 school records including marks for points scored, points per game, total offensive yards, first downs and passing yards over the past five seasons. Also, the Deacs are the only football program in the ACC to average at least 30 points per game each year since 2017.

Specifically in 2021, Wake Forest scored a program-best 574 points and averaged a school-record 41.0 ppg. That point total ranks 43rd in modern FBS history and the fourth-most in ACC history. Additionally, Wake Forest became just the 20th ACC team in the college football modern era (Post-WWII) to cross over the milestone of 500 points scored in a single season. Individually, the Deacons topped 35 points in a game 12 times during the 2021 campaign. In the College Football Playoff Era, Wake Forest is one of seven teams (2014 Oregon, 2018 Alabama, 2018 Oklahoma, 2019 Alabama, 2019 LSU, 2020 Alabama) to accomplish that feat.
Nice post.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
First....I agree with your sentiment that Satterfield has earned an extension and a moderate raise based on the past one and a half games. First half it looked as though he went back to the variables on each play and the OL struggled again, as did Rattler.....2nd half, it appeared he went back to the UT game with taking out all the variations and they played more assured and confidently. IF....and it is a BIG IF....Satt can shelve his NFL pro-style offense and go with one more attuned to the college game, he can be successful....if he refuses to do so....can his ***.

Second....Tanner doesn't make decisions on a HCs staff....only the HC does. If money is a problem, it will be with the BOT, not Tanner.

Last edited:
Reactions: BetaLiberalCock1

BetaLiberalCock1

Oct 22, 2022

#1) Lloyd says hello.
#2) Re: Spurrier / #1 Alabama came to Williams-Brice while Garcia was our QB and Marcus Lattimore was our RB and we handed Bama their butts that day.....
#3) You really have no Earthly clue what you're talking about. Where is the ignore button? Your comments are ridiculously wrong. OC needs to be fired yesterday. He is *HORRID*

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022

And once again, when you find yourself unable to respond to the point at issue, you resort to ad hominem attacks....the refuge of.......(I'll let you figure that one out).

(Credit to Rogue)

BetaLiberalCock1

Oct 22, 2022
I think it would be wise to lock down Beamer and most of the staff (especially White and Lembo) with raises and extensions but not Satterfield. IF Beamer chooses to keep him, it should be a 1 yr deal (probationary period) with minimal buyout. Don't think anyone will be beating the door down to steal him away.
Beamer isn't going anywhere even if offered $20 million per year. I promise. His dream job is USC. He's living his dream.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
We did average 31 points per game this year, get rid of the poor performances (3) and we see a decent offense

I don't like that thinking. We could just as easily say take away the two or three good performances. (Although I'm not sure there was a third that wasnt against patsies)

I prefer to go with the season stats.

Last edited:

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Maybe we can give satt a 1 year deal with a 15 million dollar buyout so if rhule wants him we can get paid back for the last 2 years of his service. Lol. I think if the man calls a good game in the bowl that we should keep him. I'm just scared that maybe he got aggressive bc he was coaching for his job and he reverts back to being super conservative next year.

Unfortunately, we saw something like that when he called a good game in the bowl, then reverted this year.

One can hope that two good games in a row (and a third if it happens in a bowl) would lessen the chances of repeating that.

Reactions: Rogue Cock

BetaLiberalCock1

Oct 22, 2022

We don't hate Satterfield. We hate his playcalling because it sucks. You are seriously not bright. Stop talking.

BetaLiberalCock1

Oct 22, 2022
No to Ponce. Maybe Ruggerio if Satt chooses to leave, but this ain't the A SHE SHE. No way I give up Satt for either.
Dude, WE KNOW....... you've made that crystal clear. You clearly have his testiculage area all over your chin. They guy is a horrible OC and needs to be shown the door. Horrible. Horrid. Putrid. Clearly doesn't understand situational football, etc.... he's awful.

Reactions: Lakecock1

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
How was it that we had to burn two of our second half timeouts yesterday to avoid delay of game penalties in situations where we were ALREADY in third and long?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lakecock1

Latest posts