What bowl for PSU, info and speculation thread

doctornick

Oct 12, 2021
Elsewhere people are saying TCU would stay in the top 4 and Purdue to the Rose because they're conference champs.
The playoffs participants are set at this point honestly - Georgia, Michigan, TCU, Ohio St. I don’t see Bama passing any of Georgia, UM or TCU even if they lose.

Reactions: LionJim

Nits74

Oct 19, 2021
I believe they're locked in with both conference champs unless the the one otr both of the champs go to the CFP, in which case they get to choose the who they want from the PAC and B1G. So PSU wouldn't have a chance id Purdue win
That said, Go Michigan.

Nits74

Oct 19, 2021
The playoffs participants are set at this point honestly - Georgia, Michigan, TCU, Ohio St. I don’t see Bama passing any of Georgia, UM or TCU even if they lose.
What if TCU gets blown out? I think between the two, we all know who is the better team

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
I guess we'll see. If that's the case, if I were TCU, I'd sit my starters after the half to make sure they don't get hurt.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
My concern as well. Although, in say, Purdue they'd be taking a four loss team that Penn State beat on the road. Also, if ratings mean anything to them, they best take Penn State.
If Purdue wins, the Rose Bowl doesn't have a choice.

Aquapong

Oct 14, 2021
I would think with TCU’s loss, Ohio State sneaks in the playoff and we go to the Rose.

PSUFBFAN

Oct 7, 2021
For the life of me, I can't understand how people can't see this. The only team that had to win this weekend to stay in the playoff was USC. They lost, they have 2 losses, so they are out. "Next man up" is Ohio State - they are the only one loss team remaining. Georgia, Michigan, and TCU could all lose today and they are all in the CFP. It's really not that difficult to understand if you pay attention.

The only thing that gets screwed up if Michigan loses is probably Penn State's trip to the Rose Bowl. If Purdue wins, we probably wind up in the Citrus Bowl because we aren't jumping TN for the Orange Bowl.

Reactions: Hartzie and ps_1294

lemonears

Oct 31, 2021
The bowls we care about are now set. The playoffs will feature 1. Georgia, 2. Michigan, 3. Ohio State, 4. TCU. This includes all undefeated or 1 loss teams. Penn State gets the Rose Bowl. The first playoff game will be a Michigan - Ohio State rematch. Interesting. Ryan Day will prepare for this game like his job is on the line -- it might be. We will get a challenge against the Utes. This will be a great measuring stick for us going into 2023. Looks like a really great bowl season.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
strolls in is more like it

OSU:

vince mcmahon GIF

lemonears

Oct 31, 2021
Can't help but believe if TCU loses then they're out. A two loss Alabama gets in.
Of course Alabama is a better team than TCU. Alabama might be a better team than Michigan or Ohio State or USC. It doesn't matter. Alabama has two losses. They are out. The 4 in the playoffs is Georgia, Michigan, Ohio State, and TCU. These are the only 1-loss or undefeated teams left.

PSUFBFAN

Oct 7, 2021
Of course Alabama is a better team than TCU. Alabama might be a better team than Michigan or Ohio State or USC. It doesn't matter. Alabama has two losses. They are out. The 4 in the playoffs is Georgia, Michigan, Ohio State, and TCU. These are the only 1-loss or undefeated teams left.
Anybody who thinks Alabama is better than tcu hasn't watched either team play THIS year.

saturdaysarebetter

Jun 28, 2018
The bowls we care about are now set. The playoffs will feature 1. Georgia, 2. Michigan, 3. Ohio State, 4. TCU. This includes all undefeated or 1 loss teams. Penn State gets the Rose Bowl. The first playoff game will be a Michigan - Ohio State rematch. Interesting. Ryan Day will prepare for this game like his job is on the line -- it might be. We will get a challenge against the Utes. This will be a great measuring stick for us going into 2023. Looks like a really great bowl season.
Imagine Day losing three times in a row to UM. Buckeye fans would have a long off-season to deal with that.

Reactions: Fac

doctornick

Oct 12, 2021
For the life of me, I can't understand how people can't see this. The only team that had to win this weekend to stay in the playoff was USC. They lost, they have 2 losses, so they are out. "Next man up" is Ohio State - they are the only one loss team remaining. Georgia, Michigan, and TCU could all lose today and they are all in the CFP. It's really not that difficult to understand if you pay attention.

I think if USC had won, then TCU might have missed the playoffs by losing (ie tOSU passing them). but yeah once USC lost, TCU was basically in.

I don’t really understand the Bama talk at all - maybe if TCU was completely destroyed by like 40 points or something but even then I’m not so sure. As is given the OT loss, no way could the CFP committee take a 10-2 Bama over a 12-1 TCU especially given the common opponent of Texas.

Ironically, their win today makes K State a more impressive opponent and win by TCU earlier in the year (better than any Bama win).

Reactions: Mufasa94

Mufasa94

Oct 12, 2021
I think if USC had won, then TCU might have missed the playoffs by losing (ie tOSU passing them). but yeah once USC lost, TCU was basically in.

I don’t really understand the Bama talk at all - maybe if TCU was completely destroyed by like 40 points or something but even then I’m not so sure. As is given the OT loss, no way could the CFP committee take a 10-2 Bama over a 12-1 TCU especially given the common opponent of Texas.

Ironically, their win today makes K State a more impressive opponent and win by TCU earlier in the year (better than any Bama win).
Agree with the sentiment (except KSU part). Think all the talk is just that and done to maintain interest about what will be announced tomorrow.

doctornick

Oct 12, 2021
Anybody who thinks Alabama is better than tcu hasn't watched either team play THIS year.
I think there’s an argument to be made given how TCU skimmed by on some wins but it’s certainly close enough that you can’t discount Bama’s extra loss or TCU’s extra 2 wins. Even though it’s not “officially” a criteria, the committee has never taken a team with more losses over a power 5 team with fewer and 2022 Bama ain’t exactly the team to break that mold (especially given how controversial it would be over a Tenn team with the same record and head to head win). Taking TCU is the defensible choice.

blion72

Oct 30, 2021
it will be interesting if they use that order, vs just keeping TCU at 3. If OSU gets all their guys back, it might be a more interesting game if they played UMich.

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
It’s exactly what we deserve and Utah will be a good opponent the Rose Bowl. I hope PJ plays. We are going to need a pass rush in that game.

Reactions: PrtLng Lion