What bowl for PSU, info and speculation thread

PSU12046

Oct 18, 2021
Two Cheeze-It Bowls?!
Loop Edition GIF

saturdaysarebetter

Jun 28, 2018
Gimme Clemson. I'd rather not have to deal with the faux-pomposity of the Rose Bowl and ... Utah.
Talk about cutting one's nose off in spite of one's face. Sorry Rose Bowl the PAC 12 champion isn't up to Moogy's satisfaction so Penn State, the third best team in the Big 10 conference, declines.

Reactions: Classof09

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Talk about cutting one's nose off in spite of one's face. Sorry Rose Bowl the PAC 12 champion isn't up to Moogy's satisfaction so Penn State, the third best team in the Big 10 conference, declines.
It's not "in spite of one's face," it's "TO spite one's face." And I never said to decline it ... I said what I'd prefer. Stop being combative and melodramatic for no reason.

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
It's not "in spite of one's face," it's "TO spite one's face." And I never said to decline it ... I said what I'd prefer. Stop being combative and melodramatic for no reason.

Another words, he misstated an idiom.
You know someone is starting to lose a debate when they stop discussing facts and ideas and instead begin attacking someone's syntax.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
You know someone is starting to lose a debate when they stop discussing facts and ideas and instead begin attacking someone's syntax.
First, it completely changes the meaning of the saying. Second, after I corrected his mistake, I also explained to him how stupid his attack on me was. It made no sense. I said I would prefer playing Clemson over playing Utah in the Rose Bowl. Dummy somehow decided that meant I would decline a Rose Bowl invite.

He was wrong. You came to his defense. You were wrong. Stop being awful.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Another words, he misstated an idiom.
Yup, he messed up ... twice. He misstated an idiom to mean something different AND he decided to attack me for an argument I never made.

All because I dared state that I'd prefer to not play in the Rose Bowl against Utah. How dare I! It's so controversial! It needed to be rebutted with misguided melodrama, no doubt!

WVilleLion

Oct 13, 2021
First, it completely changes the meaning of the saying. Second, after I corrected his mistake, I also explained to him how stupid his attack on me was. It made no sense. I said I would prefer playing Clemson over playing Utah in the Rose Bowl. Dummy somehow decided that meant I would decline a Rose Bowl invite.

He was wrong. You came to his defense. You were wrong. Stop being awful.
Would you prefer UNC over Utah? I ask because I think UNC beats Clemson. Though I NC does have a lot of injuries. I think they lost 3-4 players in game vs NC State.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Would you prefer UNC over Utah? I ask because I think UNC beats Clemson. Though I NC does have a lot of injuries. I think they lost 3-4 players in game vs NC State.

UNC v. Utah? Both are blah opponents to me (3 loss "regional" programs) ... doesn't matter which one if those are the choices.

AlNonymouse

Sep 7, 2022
Yup, he messed up ... twice. He misstated an idiom to mean something different AND he decided to attack me for an argument I never made.

All because I dared state that I'd prefer to not play in the Rose Bowl against Utah. How dare I! It's so controversial! It needed to be rebutted with misguided melodrama, no doubt!
Who cares. Move on

Reactions: Classof09

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
At this point and time it is reasonable to assume that PSU is Rose Bowl Bound. Pending, of course, any major chaos today.
After watching Utah, the BWICAC has entered executive session to formulate new talking points. They must discard the "we didn't play anyone" in the Cotton Bowl (Tulane) ....in an effort to dismiss a likely 11 win season and top 6 national ranking.
Utah is a worthy opponent for any top 10 team and presents the BWICAC with a glimmer of hope for a PSU defeat.
Nine more years!

• Haha
Reactions: step.eng69

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
At this point and time it is reasonable to assume that PSU is Rose Bowl Bound. Pending, of course, any major chaos today.
After watching Utah, the BWICAC has entered executive session to formulate new talking points. They must discard the "we didn't play anyone" in the Cotton Bowl (Tulane) ....in an effort to dismiss a likely 11 win season and top 6 national ranking.
Utah is a worthy opponent for any top 10 team and presents the BWICAC with a glimmer of hope for a PSU defeat.
Nine more years!
Unless we beat them, then we will read on here how they weren’t any good, they were overrated because of their win over USC, blah blah blah. If we lose, it will be because their coach can “coach up” all those three stars and Franklin’s terrible. It’s the same story all the time. Remember when we lost to Kentucky? Even though they ended up ranked 11th, they were terrible and had no talent.

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
Unless we beat them, then we will read on here how they weren’t any good, they were overrated because of their win over USC, blah blah blah. If we lose, it will be because their coach can “coach up” all those three stars and Franklin’s terrible. It’s the same story all the time. Remember when we lost to Kentucky? Even though they ended up ranked 11th, they were terrible and had no talent.
A NY6 bowl birth is evidence of a great season (top 10). Any issues with this season are with those who claim to be objectively critical, not the coaches or the team.

Reactions: Chooch59

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Nine more years!
the brady bunch marcia marcia marcia GIF

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
BWICAC...."with a loss there's still hope to salvage out season.":cool:

Shouldn‘t we start a GoF*ckMe campaign for Franklin’s buyout now? There’s still time to get a real coach in place for the bowl game.

(If you’re going to ask me who a real coach is, I have no idea. Just someone better than Franklin. Kraft can figure that out. Let’s just get rid of Franklin.)

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
Shouldn‘t we start a GoF*ckMe campaign for Franklin’s buyout now? There’s still time to get a real coach in place for the bowl game.

(If you’re going to ask me who a real coach is, I have no idea. Just someone better than Franklin. Kraft can figure that out. Let’s just get rid of Franklin.)
I am hoping Franklin wins out and finds another job. I want to enjoy watching the BWICAC turn on Allar and their new shiny toy (a different head coach) by halftime of the 3rd game next year.
For the time being, I'm amused by those who slammed Clifford for coming back......wishing and hoping others make similar decisions for next year.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
I am hoping Franklin wins out and finds another job. I want to enjoy watching the BWICAC turn on Allar and their new shiny toy (a different head coach) by halftime of the 3rd game next year.
For the time being, I'm amused by those who slammed Clifford for coming back......wishing and hoping others make similar decisions for next year.
As I look at hurts improvement, I think great coaching and his personal inner dog. I see 14 (who I like not love) flatline on improvement. Do I look at coaching or lack of inner pooch? Or neither?

leinbacker

Oct 13, 2021
A NY6 bowl birth is evidence of a great season (top 10). Any issues with this season are with those who claim to be objectively critical, not the coaches or the team.
Either a great season for us, or a lack of a great season for many other teams.

Reactions: ODShowtime

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
As I look at hurts improvement, I think great coaching and his personal inner dog. I see 14 (who I like not love) flatline on improvement. Do I look at coaching or lack of inner pooch? Or neither?
I think fans have difficulty understanding the role that Clifford played this year. It isn't just about throwing the ball.
But that's all fans see. Getting the team in the right formation, checking out of a play, protections and blitz anticipation .....all skills that he apparently had a huge edge over the other QBs. That being said, it's not like he was a slouch in the measurables.
If you look at Conference Statistics, Clifford was 4th in efficiency, 5th in passing yards per game and 2nd in touchdowns thrown.
I try to stay away from predictions......but I'll offer that after Allar plays awhile, Clifford will be viewed in a more favorable light.
Not that I don't think Allar can be successful, but he is human. That never satisfies the BWICAC.

Last edited:

leinbacker

Oct 13, 2021
I think fans have difficulty understanding the role that Clifford played this year. It isn't just about throwing the ball.
But that's all fans see. Getting the team in the right formation, checking out of a play, protections and blitz anticipation .....all skills that he apparently had a huge edge over the other QBs. That being said, it's not like he was a slouch in the measurables.
If you look at Conference Statistics, Clifford was 4th in efficiency, 5th in passing yards per game and 2nd in touchdowns thrown.
I try to stay away from predictions......but I'll offer that after Allar plays awhile, Clifford will be viewed in a more favorable light.
Not that I don't think Allar can't be successful, but he is human. That never satisfies the BWICAC.

how do we know he made the correct decisions for these things?

I hope future QBs don’t have to deal with so many OC changes though.

Reactions: ManxomeLion

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
how do we know he made the correct decisions for these things?

I hope future QBs don’t have to deal with so many OC changes though.
We don't need to know. That's what the coaches evaluate. Their opinion is the only one that matters.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Wonder what happens if TCU and Michigan both lose ---big. Not likely, but what chaos that could cause.
Elsewhere people are saying TCU would stay in the top 4 and Purdue to the Rose because they're conference champs.

• Sad
Reactions: step.eng69

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
We’re thinking of going if it’s the Rose Bowl. Anyone have any experience or recommendations for tickets/hotels? Are the travel packages worth it? Would love a shot at Utah.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Michigan for sure, TCU no way. Bama would be in.
Bama definitely doesn't deserve it but of course the first 2 loss team in the CFP would be them. 2 SEC teams vs. 2 B1G teams. Zzzzzzzzz

Nits74

Oct 19, 2021
Hard to say, but it wouldn't present a situation favorable to PSU.
My concern as well. Although, in say, Purdue they'd be taking a four loss team that Penn State beat on the road. Also, if ratings mean anything to them, they best take Penn State.

Last edited:

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
My concern as well. Although, in say, Purdue they'd be taking a four loss team that Penn State beat on the road. Also, if ratings mean anything to them, they best take Penn State.
I believe they're locked in with both conference champs unless one or both of the champs go to the CFP, in which case they get to choose the who they want from the PAC and B1G. So PSU wouldn't have a chance if Purdue wins.

Reactions: bluewhiteapos

Latest posts