Always good to beat the Sox....ALWAYS.Impressive series clincher last night playing the kind of ball their fans have been screaming for. This team doesn't appear to be overly HR reliant & has lots of contributors so far. Rays will be a much more formidable foe however.
Last yr is meaningless. But LA didnt beat the Brewers all season. Were 0-6. Then we beat them 4 zip. I fear Milwaukee, I just feat SD more. The big bats are loud these days, the bullpen is nuts, and the starters threw 2 great games in the wildcard.I can't see Tampa Bay going down as easily as the BoSox. I'm not sure what it is that makes that so good, but they just have it this year. At the same time, the Sox were in a bit of disarray and the manager they just extended should be run out of town ... at least if you ask his players after last night. Ooof. That's a real situation. Had the Sox made it to game 3, it would've been very interesting with the unflappable Ranger Suarez on the mound -- one of the best big-game pitchers out there -- but they were too much of a mess.
It's probably all academic, as it seems likeliest that that World Series champs will come out of the NL, which is bursting with contenders. I wouldn't have included the Padres a month ago, but they got some pitching healthy, started to hit, and they have been absolutely scorching. The Phillies may have gotten the late-game blown leads monkey off their backs yesterday and I think they'll come out loose tonight. Could be the start of something big. I wouldn't be thrilled to face the Dodgers, but I think the law of averages may come for them this year -- it's tough to three-peat, even with all that talent.
Everyone seems to dismiss the Brewers, myself included, but they just don't scare me this time of year. We'll see about it all, I guess.
NL is a beast. Not sure the Yankees get thru Tampa, but should they, and then get thru the next team...I sure hope those NL teams beat the heck out of each other with the last man standing....limping a bit! Those are some really good teams...Whoa, the (hated) Yanks...everything came up roses. Two great starts, a little smallball between some HRS. The two best young players are Yankees. Can any AL team beat them? (2024 redux anyone?)
And the Phillies, those back to backs, an all time moment. Followed by some extra inning magic..and Painter gives them 3 scoreless innings of relief to save it, after stepping on the mound and throwing 6 straight balls. And hated Padres looking very awesome too.
As a Dodger fan, was not crazy about playing any of the NL teams. Now, do I want to play Braves or Phillies? Nope - i guess I prefer Atl. If we win, Padres or Brewers. Nope. I actully prefer the Brewers I think. Hoping Freddie and Shohei find their stroke and a great October of baseball.
In fairness when you spend what they do winning records is the least expected. I think we all know the next generation has let George down.So happy we swept the Sox. I know Yankee fans are starving for a title with this 15+ year drought, but their remarkable consistency of winning (basically 35 years and running) should be appreciated and celebrated by fans.
Lots of teams have spent $$ and not won at their level or with the same consistency.In fairness when you spend what they do winning records is the least expected. I think we all know the next generation has let George down.
InterestingIt is a lot harder to win the WS these days and consistent success is admirable.
40% of the teams make the playoffs.
No. Those teams won. And won. I can never take that away. Remarkable, over decades. And if we had the same rules, the last 2 LA teams dont even go to the WS and this team Is watching the WS on their couch. so getting there was much harder.Interesting
So than you would agree this modern dodgers run is better than the last Yankees dynasty run?
lol you just said winning the World Series is harder but they aren’t better? Makes zero senseNo. Those teams won. And won. I can never take that away. Remarkable, over decades. And if we had the same rules, the last 2 LA teams dont even go to the WS and this team Is watching the WS on their couch. so getting there was much harder.
But once the playoffs start, 6 teams have a shot. We now have to win 2 or 3 series to even get to the WS.
The '50s Casey, Mick, Yogi Whitey teams, gimme a freaking break. 8 times in the WS, 7 wins. Insane. When we won in 81 and 24, I shouted to my Dad we beat them for you and all the Brooklyn fans. If he was still alive, he wouldnt have cared; he, and also my Brooklyn born father in law (no person alive cares less about sports them my wife, but she remembers seeing her Dad with such a sad look on his face once and she asked Daddy what was wrong, and he told her the Dodgers were moving away from Brooklyn) who I never met, were heartbroken when we moved west and never forgave. Knowing my Dad, that would never change.
In the old days you have to win the league. That is harder. Do you agree?lol you just said winning the World Series is harder but they aren’t better? Makes zero sense
Dodgers have a longer consecutive playoff streak than that generation of Yankees..also have a CHANCE to do something no National league team has ever done
OkIn the old days you have to win the league. That is harder. Do you agree?
Now you have to win multiple series, which is harder. Do you agree.
Our opinion is the only way to determine what that means historically.
The 50s Yankees were better. Based on my feelings about baseball history. Do they make the series 9 times in the 50s with the new format? No one knows.
I am a lifelong Dodger fan. Many LA Dodger fans hoped we didnt win the last game cause we have never won the WS after winning 100 games. And lets face it, we choked in many pre Shohei playoffs, only winning the covid yrs. While the worst hitting team I have ever seen in a WS, the Gibson Dodgers beat the As in 5.
OkIn the old days you have to win the league. That is harder. Do you agree?
Now you have to win multiple series, which is harder. Do you agree.
Our opinion is the only way to determine what that means historically.
The 50s Yankees were better. Based on my feelings about baseball history. Do they make the series 9 times in the 50s with the new format? No one knows.
I am a lifelong Dodger fan. Many LA Dodger fans hoped we didnt win the last game cause we have never won the WS after winning 100 games. And lets face it, we choked in many pre Shohei playoffs, only winning the covid yrs. While the worst hitting team I have ever seen in a WS, the Gibson Dodgers beat the As in 5.
Rivals
4-star PG Javion Tyndale commits to Seton Hall
Rivals Basketball Recruiting
4-star PG Javion Tyndale down to 6 schools
Women's Sports
Highly-recruited 2027 prospect Ava Womack breaks down recruitment
Women's Sports
Highly-recruited 2027 prospect Eni Oyedeji breaks down recruitment
On3 Basketball
LMU transfer guard Rodney Brown Jr. commits to Seton Hall