Yankees

NIL BAD

Junior
Aug 15, 2025
418
372
63
Impressive series clincher last night playing the kind of ball their fans have been screaming for. This team doesn't appear to be overly HR reliant & has lots of contributors so far. Rays will be a much more formidable foe however.
 

dehere23

All-Conference
Feb 28, 2015
1,851
2,135
113
So happy we swept the Sox. I know Yankee fans are starving for a title with this 15+ year drought, but their remarkable consistency of winning (basically 35 years and running) should be appreciated and celebrated by fans.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PMB Pirate
Jun 3, 2001
335
460
63
Impressive series clincher last night playing the kind of ball their fans have been screaming for. This team doesn't appear to be overly HR reliant & has lots of contributors so far. Rays will be a much more formidable foe however.
Always good to beat the Sox....ALWAYS.

But, I don't want to lose sight of the fact that the Red Sox simply are not a good hitting team. Great we won, great some guys really came up clutch, but the Rays will be a whole 'nother story.

Let's hope we get Judge back...and he comes back with a BANG!
 
  • Like
Reactions: halltheway

Seton75

All-Conference
Jun 3, 2001
37,000
3,480
113
Whoa, the (hated) Yanks...everything came up roses. Two great starts, a little smallball between some HRS. The two best young players are Yankees. Can any AL team beat them? (2024 redux anyone?)

And the Phillies, those back to backs, an all time moment. Followed by some extra inning magic..and Painter gives them 3 scoreless innings of relief to save it, after stepping on the mound and throwing 6 straight balls. And hated Padres looking very awesome too.

As a Dodger fan, was not crazy about playing any of the NL teams. Now, do I want to play Braves or Phillies? Nope - i guess I prefer Atl. If we win, Padres or Brewers. Nope. I actully prefer the Brewers I think. Hoping Freddie and Shohei find their stroke and a great October of baseball.
 

SHUSource

All-Conference
Jun 3, 2001
42,120
4,449
48
I can't see Tampa Bay going down as easily as the BoSox. I'm not sure what it is that makes that so good, but they just have it this year. At the same time, the Sox were in a bit of disarray and the manager they just extended should be run out of town ... at least if you ask his players after last night. Ooof. That's a real situation. Had the Sox made it to game 3, it would've been very interesting with the unflappable Ranger Suarez on the mound -- one of the best big-game pitchers out there -- but they were too much of a mess.

It's probably all academic, as it seems likeliest that that World Series champs will come out of the NL, which is bursting with contenders. I wouldn't have included the Padres a month ago, but they got some pitching healthy, started to hit, and they have been absolutely scorching. The Phillies may have gotten the late-game blown leads monkey off their backs yesterday and I think they'll come out loose tonight. Could be the start of something big. I wouldn't be thrilled to face the Dodgers, but I think the law of averages may come for them this year -- it's tough to three-peat, even with all that talent.

Everyone seems to dismiss the Brewers, myself included, but they just don't scare me this time of year. We'll see about it all, I guess.
 

Seton75

All-Conference
Jun 3, 2001
37,000
3,480
113
I can't see Tampa Bay going down as easily as the BoSox. I'm not sure what it is that makes that so good, but they just have it this year. At the same time, the Sox were in a bit of disarray and the manager they just extended should be run out of town ... at least if you ask his players after last night. Ooof. That's a real situation. Had the Sox made it to game 3, it would've been very interesting with the unflappable Ranger Suarez on the mound -- one of the best big-game pitchers out there -- but they were too much of a mess.

It's probably all academic, as it seems likeliest that that World Series champs will come out of the NL, which is bursting with contenders. I wouldn't have included the Padres a month ago, but they got some pitching healthy, started to hit, and they have been absolutely scorching. The Phillies may have gotten the late-game blown leads monkey off their backs yesterday and I think they'll come out loose tonight. Could be the start of something big. I wouldn't be thrilled to face the Dodgers, but I think the law of averages may come for them this year -- it's tough to three-peat, even with all that talent.

Everyone seems to dismiss the Brewers, myself included, but they just don't scare me this time of year. We'll see about it all, I guess.
Last yr is meaningless. But LA didnt beat the Brewers all season. Were 0-6. Then we beat them 4 zip. I fear Milwaukee, I just feat SD more. The big bats are loud these days, the bullpen is nuts, and the starters threw 2 great games in the wildcard.

Yanks looking like the mojo is in their dugout, sitting next to Judge.

And let me add. Braves and Phillies both scare me. Cubs were the least scary NL team, imo any of the other 5 can win it all.

Hard to fear Freeman and Shohei wont hit. But I do. They havent lately. Guess I hope LA plays like we can.
 
Last edited:

HALL85

Heisman
Jul 5, 2001
30,386
11,829
113
Yankees just have better balance this year and the starting pitching is strong and has gotten healthy at the right time. Bullpen still shaky at times and Tampa Bay will be tough….always play Yanks tough.
 
  • Like
Reactions: HallX2
Jun 3, 2001
335
460
63
Whoa, the (hated) Yanks...everything came up roses. Two great starts, a little smallball between some HRS. The two best young players are Yankees. Can any AL team beat them? (2024 redux anyone?)

And the Phillies, those back to backs, an all time moment. Followed by some extra inning magic..and Painter gives them 3 scoreless innings of relief to save it, after stepping on the mound and throwing 6 straight balls. And hated Padres looking very awesome too.

As a Dodger fan, was not crazy about playing any of the NL teams. Now, do I want to play Braves or Phillies? Nope - i guess I prefer Atl. If we win, Padres or Brewers. Nope. I actully prefer the Brewers I think. Hoping Freddie and Shohei find their stroke and a great October of baseball.
NL is a beast. Not sure the Yankees get thru Tampa, but should they, and then get thru the next team...I sure hope those NL teams beat the heck out of each other with the last man standing....limping a bit! Those are some really good teams...
 

Fishjam

All-Conference
Mar 27, 2016
1,115
3,707
113
The Yanks seem to have a little bit of the magic that they have not had in a loooong time.

In addition to having the deepest pitching staff in the game, they are actually playing good baseball. All of the months without Judge and Stanton and the recent injuries to Grisham and Jazz have forced them to change. Sound defense, stealing bases, putting the ball in play, platoon ability and depth at various positions. This group seems to have the right mentality and are playing together and with confidence. They don't have the overall power they've been known for but I think that's a good thing. Forces them to play a better brand of baseball.

They have a great core of young homegrown players. Schlitter is unbelievable and is an assassin on the mound. He has an Andy Pettitte-like focus with elite stuff. He wants the ball in the big game.

Rice is stepping up as one of the most dangerous bats in MLB and the boost this team has gotten from rookies Spencer Jones and George Lombard has solidified the lineup and defense. I like Volpe at 2B, he never had the arm for SS and his time in the minors helped his overall approach. Wells has hit the last 2 months, Garcia was a nice pickup and Bellinger is just a solid all-around ballplayer. If Judge or Stanton come back it will be icing on the cake but for the first time in a while, I like the makeup of the team and think they have a decent chance as is.
 

HallX2

Senior
Mar 25, 2005
2,706
901
73
So happy we swept the Sox. I know Yankee fans are starving for a title with this 15+ year drought, but their remarkable consistency of winning (basically 35 years and running) should be appreciated and celebrated by fans.
In fairness when you spend what they do winning records is the least expected. I think we all know the next generation has let George down.
 

dehere23

All-Conference
Feb 28, 2015
1,851
2,135
113
In fairness when you spend what they do winning records is the least expected. I think we all know the next generation has let George down.
Lots of teams have spent $$ and not won at their level or with the same consistency.

No different than the NCAA hoops now. Spending helps, but the organization (or for hoops, coach) still have a major impact on winning and losing.
 

Seton75

All-Conference
Jun 3, 2001
37,000
3,480
113
It is a lot harder to win the WS these days and consistent success is admirable.

40% of the teams make the playoffs.
 

dehere23

All-Conference
Feb 28, 2015
1,851
2,135
113
And the length of the Yanks consistency is what’s truly impressive. It’s basically 35 years without a losing record, always in the playoffs, usually advancing or with a chance to advance. Never bottoming out during three decades plus. Of course the payroll helps, but the org doesn’t get the credit it deserves for this type of consistency IMO.
 
Seton Hall Pirates

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals 4-star PG Javion Tyndale commits to Seton Hall
  2. 02 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 4-star PG Javion Tyndale down to 6 schools
  3. 03 Women's Sports Highly-recruited 2027 prospect Ava Womack breaks down recruitment
  4. 04 Women's Sports Highly-recruited 2027 prospect Eni Oyedeji breaks down recruitment
  5. 05 On3 Basketball LMU transfer guard Rodney Brown Jr. commits to Seton Hall