2022-23 PSU MBB Thread

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
Not their best game, but still found a way to score over 70 points while only shooting a hair over 20% from three point range

Reactions: BobPSU92

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
If we pull off any big upsets this year it will be because of Andrew Funk…when he gets hot, he can score from anywhere on the floor.

Reactions: Roar More

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
Funk shooting 6-7 from the field (4-4 from three point line). Team looks really good so far.

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
Pickett with 26 points, Funk with 20, Wynter with 14 and Lundy with 10.

PSUriseANDfire

Oct 12, 2021
This hot topic of a good basketball team needs hot girls wearing tight clothes to get traction.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
PSU had a 13 pt lead with 5 1/2 minutes to play. The rule is no 3s and no fouls to allow scoring with the clock stopped. It tough for opponent to catch up with 2s and the clock running.

PSU was lucky that Iowa missed 6 FTs.

Funk missed a FT then missed another on the front end of a 1-1. That could have cost PSU the game.

Reactions: Bison13

ILLINOISLION

Oct 12, 2021
Great d by Lundy at the end but If Lundy had more bb iq he would be all league. He still makes bad passes and is sloppy with the ball. Lucky he didn’t get a T after slamming the ball.

nice game by Wynter, need him as a third scorer

I was honestly VERY surprised Lundy’s dumb *** move of slamming the ball at the end of that play didn’t earn him a technical and maybe cost PSU the game. Stunned that one of the three zebras didn’t nail him.

VERY LUCKY!

ILLINOISLION

Oct 12, 2021
Great d by Lundy at the end but If Lundy had more bb iq he would be all league. He still makes bad passes and is sloppy with the ball. Lucky he didn’t get a T after slamming the ball.

nice game by Wynter, need him as a third scorer

Q
I was honestly VERY surprised Lundy’s dumb *** move of slamming the ball at the end of that play didn’t earn him a technical and maybe cost PSU the game. Stunned that one of the three zebras didn’t nail him.

VERY LUCKY!

Reactions: bdgan

PrtLng Lion

Oct 14, 2021
Great to get the win. Pickett, Funk, Winter carried the team. Mahaffey made some big contributions too. Sure hope we get more from Njie.

Felt like, late in the game, they might let Iowa steal the W.

Murray is obviously a really good player but damn... we could not stop him at all. Seems like he hit everything on us in the 2nd half. Was screaming at the TV "somebody box him out!!".

Last edited:

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
Great to get the win. Pickett, Funk, Winter carried the team. Mahaffey made some big contributions too. Sure hope we get more from Njie.

Murray is obviously a really good player but damn... we could not stop him at all. Seems like he hit everything on us in the 2nd half. Was screaming at the TV "somebody box him out!!".
As mentioned by the announcing crew a few times, McCaffrey is excellent at running baseline and sideline out of bounds plays to score. He was able to get Murray some very easy locks during those sets to help get him started offensively.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021

Murray is a great player and just like Pickett he's difficult to stop. That said, he was moving without the ball and getting wide open looks. Our defense was superb in the first half but not in the second half. I don't know if they got lazy or if they ran out of gas but either way it wasn't good. And like you said we didn't block out. Iowa probably got at least 6 second chance points down the stretch.

Reactions: PrtLng Lion

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
Look at PSU's key contributors right now.

Pickett - Sienna
Wynter - Drexel
Funk - Bucknell

Lundy was recruited but most came via the portal. Shrewsbury needs a big portal haul again next year. Another D.J. Newbill please.

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
Look at PSU's key contributors right now.

Pickett - Sienna
Wynter - Drexel
Funk - Bucknell

Lundy was recruited but most came via the portal. Shrewsbury needs a big portal haul again next year. Another D.J. Newbill please.
If all 'seniors' leave, and I think Dorsey will transfer as well, they would have 7 spots to fill. I would guess with with the 3 recruits coming in that there would be at least 3 portal guys that coach would go after. I would guess two shooters and a big. That last spot I dont know if he would get a portal guy or save it if Dorsey does leave too.

Reactions: bdgan