2022 Eagles Thread

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021

Jordan Mailata “dodged a bullet” with shoulder injury, could play Sunday​

Mailata told reporters on Thursday that he thought the injury was a serious one after his shoulder had to be popped back in, but, via Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inqurer, said that he learned he “dodged a bullet” when the results came back. He said they showed a day-to-day injury and that he could be in the lineup for this Sunday’s game against the Cardinals.

www.profootballtalk.com

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Man, Roob put the ole jinx-o-la on the offense with that piece. #facepalm

perhaps. And there is going to be a game (or more) where things go wrong. But I can't disagree with his general points. This O is better than I had expected, and I start every season optimistic. Let's enjoy the ride.

Reactions: WestSideLion

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
fyi...
Eagles kicker Jake Elliott is likely to miss Sunday’s game against the Cardinals.

The Eagles don’t think Elliott’s injury is going to be long-term, but they do expect him to miss this week, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

www.profootballtalk.com

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
heck if Dillard is ready, Mailata might be worried about getting Wally Pip'd!!! LOL
Obviously you’re joking saying that, Dillard the disaster is a comparable LT to Rashad Walker. You expect him to get beat

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Obviously you’re joking saying that, Dillard the disaster is a comparable LT to Rashad Walker. You expect him to get beat
Only half joking. Dillard has really improved, he’d start for at least half the league. You don’t think the Colts would love to have him
BTW Walker has something we don’t, an NFL roster spot !!

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
Only half joking. Dillard has really improved, he’d start for at least half the league. You don’t think the Colts would love to have him
BTW Walker has something we don’t, an NFL roster spot !!
Touché .. but I also never played, I played baseball. I also will say that if Walker honestly worked while at State. He would be considered a flop by most people.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Touché .. but I also never played, I played baseball. I also will say that if Walker honestly worked while at State. He would be considered a flop by most people.
You can consider him a flop, but he played hurt his last year So hurt he couldn’t work out at the combine or have an on campus workout. If he could have tested , at worse he’d been a second day draft choice

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
You can consider him a flop, but he played hurt his last year So hurt he couldn’t work out at the combine or have an on campus workout. If he could have tested , at worse he’d been a second day draft choice
I won’t say anything about an injury or how severe it was, I don’t know. That accounts for his final year only. He didn’t play as a top 75 player at any point prior to that. So his time here was disappointing to most.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
I won’t say anything about an injury or how severe it was, I don’t know. That accounts for his final year only. He didn’t play as a top 75 player at any point prior to that. So his time here was disappointing to most.
Oh come on that’s all revisionist history. Prior to his last year he was being talked about as a first round pick!!! Here’s one article there are others

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
Oh come on that’s all revisionist history. Prior to his last year he was being talked about as a first round pick!!! Here’s one article there are others

He was never a 1st round pick. I don’t care what an outsider writes. No GM was picking him that high based solely on his on field performance. I’m been watching PS football live for 40 plus years so we’ll just agree to disagree on Walker. Good luck to him in GB I hope he can live up to his full potential

Reactions: LionJim

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
He was never a 1st round pick. I don’t care what an outsider writes. No GM was picking him that high based solely on his on field performance. I’m been watching PS football live for 40 plus years so we’ll just agree to disagree on Walker. Good luck to him in GB I hope he can live up to his full potential
Again revisionist history you r only remembering his last year. He couldn’t test so in that sense you are buying a pig in a poke, he tests well he’s at worse a second day pick
If he’s not playing injuried his last yr he plays much better. So much for sucking it up for Dear ole State

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Again revisionist history you r only remembering his last year. He couldn’t test so in that sense you are buying a pig in a poke, he tests well he’s at worse a second day pick
If he’s not playing injuried his last yr he plays much better. So much for sucking it up for Dear ole State
Fwiw, from what I can find, Walker hasn’t played a single snap for the Packers so far this year. Just saying.

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
We’ll just have to disagree, I’m counting his entire time at State. His junior year wasn’t good. The 2 moments caught on tape of grabbing a Iowa guy’s junk & then him humping a Maryland DE doesn’t make for positive memories either.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Back to the Iggles. I hope Dillard gets the start at LT, plays well and offers him as trade bait. Trade deadline is coming up, this way they get something for him. Certainly you would think a left OT starved team like say the Colts or the Broncos would want him

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Well looks like I won’t get that
Eagles left tackle Jordan Mailata isn’t making the trip to Arizona for Sunday’s game against the Cardinals.

The Eagles announced today that Mailata has been ruled out with the shoulder injury he suffered last week against the Jaguars
Jack Driscoll to start

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
You read funny things on the internet like
“Coach Mike McCarthy has said Prescott needs to practice a full week before returning to the lineup”
Www. Profootballtalk.com
Like MM is going to Jerry JONES, welll Jere he can’t play he hasn’t practice!! Right
Daks playing imo

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
You read funny things on the internet like
“Coach Mike McCarthy has said Prescott needs to practice a full week before returning to the lineup”
Www. Profootballtalk.com
Like MM is going to Jerry JONES, welll Jere he can’t play he hasn’t practice!! Right
Daks playing imo
Jerrah is a fool if he overrules his head coach and puts Dak into a big rival road game in primetime coming off of a big injury layoff and surgery.
Even if they lose on Sunday, they're right in the mix at 4-2 and still have the Eagles in Dallas late in the season. So much to play for without risking your star QB.

Reactions: s1uggo72

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Jerrah is a fool if he overrules his head coach and puts Dak into a big rival road game in primetime coming off of a big injury layoff and surgery.
Even if they lose on Sunday, they're right in the mix at 4-2 and still have the Eagles in Dallas late in the season. So much to play for without risking your star QB.
You had me at Jerrah is a fool.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
There's no rule against this, but would you add Cameron Dicker and Jake Elliott to the 55 man roster, once Elliott is healthy? reason being if you cut Dicker, and try to put him on the practice squad, any team in the league can sign him. We know there are several kicker starved teams out there. so if he's on the 55 and a team wanted Dicker, they would have to trade for him, either a player or a draft choice.

Reactions: TheBigUglies

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
There's no rule against this, but would you add Cameron Dicker and Jake Elliott to the 55 man roster, once Elliott is healthy? reason being if you cut Dicker, and try to put him on the practice squad, any team in the league can sign him. We know there are several kicker starved teams out there. so if he's on the 55 and a team wanted Dicker, they would have to trade for him, either a player or a draft choice.
Is the roster 53 or 55? And I don't think there's a team out there who would keep an extra kicker over OL or DL depth. It's also the best thing for Dicker to release him and give him a starting shot elsewhere. That karma comes back to you.

Reactions: LionJim

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Is the roster 53 or 55? And I don't think there's a team out there who would keep an extra kicker over OL or DL depth. It's also the best thing for Dicker to release him and give him a starting shot elsewhere. That karma comes back to you.
you are correct it is 53, ok but what is Elliott status right now? I dont think hes on IR, and if not, they currently have 2 kickers on the 53.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
it looks like Diken is on their practice squad, I thought anybody could sign your practice squad players at any time but they had to go on your active roster. I thought after last week, somebody would take him, but maybe you have to wait later in the week?