2022 Eagles Thread

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
A steal for the Eagles, a gift from Da’ Bears.
Meh, sorta. Think it's a good trade for both sides. Eagles get a pass rusher and Bears get a chance to clear cap space and get some draft capital. I thought it was a steal at first too but more I think about it, seems fair.

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
Meh, sorta. Think it's a good trade for both sides. Eagles get a pass rusher and Bears get a chance to clear cap space and get some draft capital. I thought it was a steal at first too but more I think about it, seems fair.

Yes and no. The Bears are paying him 7.1 mil of his remaining base salary this year, and his 2023/2024 base salaries aren't guaranteed. Looking at sportrac, he's only on a base salary this year of $711,000 for the eagles. this also allows Chicago to free up space for next year. and they like their 5th round DE that's been behind Quinn this year.

As for the player, dude had 18.5 sacks last year. This year, he's facing looks like the 5th most double teams in the NFL (of DEs) . Looks like teams are focusing on stopping him. Doubt he sees that many on the eagles. (ALSO, look at the graph and see how few double teams Reddick is facing. insane. as well as what Sweat's win rate is. Don't know if anyone sees it like i do, but this tells me that there is no double teaming the eagles DL. Try, but Sweat wins, Reddick wins, and ow add quinn?) Also of note, BG would be the second highest PRWR but he doesn't qulify

1666876127079.png

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Yes and no. The Bears are paying him 7.1 mil of his remaining base salary this year, and his 2023/2024 base salaries aren't guaranteed. Looking at sportrac, he's only on a base salary this year of $711,000 for the eagles. this also allows Chicago to free up space for next year. and they like their 5th round DE that's been behind Quinn this year.

As for the player, dude had 18.5 sacks last year. This year, he's facing looks like the 5th most double teams in the NFL (of DEs) . Looks like teams are focusing on stopping him. Doubt he sees that many on the eagles. (ALSO, look at the graph and see how few double teams Reddick is facing. insane. as well as what Sweat's win rate is. Don't know if anyone sees it like i do, but this tells me that there is no double teaming the eagles DL. Try, but Sweat wins, Reddick wins, and ow add quinn?) Also of note, BG would be the second highest PRWR but he doesn't qulify

View attachment 251951

Wow, very good info and great points. Thanks! I don't think he'll face that many double teams in Philadelphia, either.

Reactions: nittanyfan333

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
Wow, very good info and great points. Thanks! I don't think he'll face that many double teams in Philadelphia, either.

no worries. and yeah, he'll face less doubles i'd have to believe.

also, he was playing something like 68% of the snaps this year. for a 32 year old that's a TON of snaps. now I thought his snap count would go down a little, but after I dug into it a bit, here's what the snap counts look like for the DL:

Fletch: 65%
Hargrave: 63%
Williams: 37%
Davis: 35%
Sweat: 64%
BG: 43%
Reddick: 70%

I'd think that Quinn coming over would help take some of the snaps from Sweat to keep him more fresh. but the more I think about it, I don't know if Quinn will see the decrease in snaps that I initially thought he'd see. but at the least, going back to the double teams, they might be "easier" snaps due to lack of doube teams.

Reactions: GregPickel

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
F'ing nightmare over here at the Green household. Oldest starts dating a nice kid and turns out he's a Cowboy fan. I've heard people tell stories about this kind of thing, but never thought it would happen to me. And get this. She buys him a Cowboy sweatshirt as a gift and asks me to try it on to see if it will fit him. I told her to get that thing the hell away from me. Unreal.

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
F'ing nightmare over here at the Green household. Oldest starts dating a nice kid and turns out he's a Cowboy fan. I've heard people tell stories about this kind of thing, but never thought it would happen to me. And get this. She buys him a Cowboy sweatshirt as a gift and asks me to try it on to see if it will fit him. I told her to get that thing the hell away from me. Unreal.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Do they move Dillard today?? After last night looks to me like Cincy could use a LT
Or does Lane retire after the Super Bowl win, they move Waltzing Matilda to RT and resign AD to left tackle?? Hmmmm

K-Live

Oct 6, 2021
completely unacceptable!

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

Damn, @Grant Green, there does not appear to be a silver lining in this situation. You want to be supportive of your daughter. But a f*ing Cowboys fan -- where did things go so wrong for her?

Fortunately, I've never been faced with this situation.

I would:

1. always be supportive of your daughter
2. be polite, but not shy away from letting the BF know what you think of his team
3. N-E-V-E-R, ever, allow myself to be used to see how a Cockroach jersey fits

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Damn, @Grant Green, there does not appear to be a silver lining in this situation. You want to be supportive of your daughter. But a f*ing Cowboys fan -- where did things go so wrong for her?

Fortunately, I've never been faced with this situation.

I would:

1. always be supportive of your daughter
2. be polite, but not shy away from letting the BF know what you think of his team
3. N-E-V-E-R, ever, allow myself to be used to see how a Cockroach jersey fits
Sage advice sir. I got all that covered except maybe the polite part. He has taken it in stride.
I've extended the olive branch by inviting him over to watch a replay of the first Eagles-Cowboy game, as well as Christmas eve for *** kicking #2.

K-Live

Oct 6, 2021
Sage advice sir. I got all that covered except maybe the polite part. He has taken it in stride.
I've extended the olive branch by inviting him over to watch a replay of the first Eagles-Cowboy game, as well as Christmas eve for *** kicking #2.
Great Christmas gift idea! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Grant Green

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
maybe Jeffrey can get him back, released from Seahawks practice squad today...
Arcega-Whiteside was an Eagles second-round pick in 2019. He was traded to the Seahawks this summer, but failed to make the 53-man roster before signing to the practice squad.