2022 Eagles Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
for me.... I amcalling this guy!! He might not like the Chilli in Philly but.....

Eagles beat reporter for the Philadelphia Inquirer, Jeff McLane, posted an article (subscription required to access) that the Birds were expected to bring veteran Brett Kern in for a workout. He was the Titans punter for many years, but the Titans went with a rookie this season, and Kern is still available. He mentioned Matt Araiza, Jordan Berry, Joseph Charlton, Kevin Huber, Ty Long, Brock Miller and Hunter Niswander as other options. Miller has worked out twice with the Birds this year, so they know him.

McLane also indicated this it was unlikely that the Birds would welcome the disruption that signing Araiza would bring.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Eagles beat reporter for the Philadelphia Inquirer, Jeff McLane, posted an article (subscription required to access) that the Birds were expected to bring veteran Brett Kern in for a workout. He was the Titans punter for many years, but the Titans went with a rookie this season, and Kern is still available. He mentioned Matt Araiza, Jordan Berry, Joseph Charlton, Kevin Huber, Ty Long, Brock Miller and Hunter Niswander as other options. Miller has worked out twice with the Birds this year, so they know him.

McLane also indicated this it was unlikely that the Birds would welcome the disruption that signing Araiza would bring.
Done deal

Whart

Oct 8, 2021

Another solid move by Howie…..dude is on a roll with these additions so far this season

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Another solid move by Howie…..dude is on a roll with these additions so far this season

yeah, he's either been quite smart or quite lucky on most of his moves since the end of last season. His only questionable move (that I can think of) was the trade of a 2023 4th round draft pick for Robert Quinn. The DL has done quite well without Quinn, who is now on IR.

He hasn't gotten a lot of production from his 2022 draft picks, but that's a combo of his having a strong team, and DT Jordan Davis going on IR. Interestingly, he probably got more production from the team's last 2022 pick, TE Grant Calcaterra, in the Giants game than any of the other picks.

Reactions: s1uggo72 and Whart

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
yeah, he's either been quite smart or quite lucky on most of his moves since the end of last season. His only questionable move (that I can think of) was the trade of a 2023 4th round draft pick for Robert Quinn. The DL has done quite well without Quinn, who is now on IR.

He hasn't gotten a lot of production from his 2022 draft picks, but that's a combo of his having a strong team, and DT Jordan Davis going on IR. Interestingly, he probably got more production from the team's last 2022 pick, TE Grant Calcaterra, in the Giants game than any of the other picks.
We’ll to nit pick here his 2022 draft isn’t over until they pick w the Staints pick in 2023. Couple that with saying AJ Brown is a 2022 draft pick it might not seem so bad. The Eagles are deep, I know Davis ,the C ,and Dean along w the TE can all play in the NFL. So in that light I’d say it was successful. To nit pick. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
Man…. If he’s team friendly he HAS to be priority #1 in the offseason

For context this is his yards and his carries compared to the 6 RBs above him

82A61CE4-9057-495A-BAE5-65701A42A013.png

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Micah on Jalen Hurts.....did he not go to HS?
Parsons joined Von Miller on the Bills’ injured edge rusher’s podcast on Tuesday and asked, “Is it Hurts or the team?”

Miller gave credit to Hurts and the team, saying, “It’s a little bit of both, man.”

Parsons doubled down, arguing, “It’s system and team.”

“I’m not trying to make no enemies,” Parsons explained on The VonCast, via a transcript from Todd Brock of Cowboys Wire. “I just love the game so much, and I understand it so much, that when things are off, I just can’t hold it in. I’ve almost got to say something.”

The Eagles are two games in front of the Cowboys, who they play Christmas Eve, with a league-best 12-1 record. They have averaged 41 points the past three games.

Hurts’ 108.4 passer rating leads the NFL. He has 3,157 passing yards with 22 touchdowns and three interceptions, and he’s rushed for 686 yards and 10 touchdowns.

“He’s good. He’s good,” Parsons finally conceded after much prodding by Miller.

Parsons began the podcast by saying he didn’t want to give the Eagles any bulletin board material. He was not successful as Parsons’ quotes already have made it to the Philadelphia locker room.

The lead-up to the Week 16 game next week should be fun.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
To some extent, Hurts is a system quarterback but it works for him. Montana was a system quarterback, Brady is too. Right now Hurts is the MVP.

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
Micah on Jalen Hurts.....did he not go to HS?
Parsons joined Von Miller on the Bills’ injured edge rusher’s podcast on Tuesday and asked, “Is it Hurts or the team?”

Miller gave credit to Hurts and the team, saying, “It’s a little bit of both, man.”

Parsons doubled down, arguing, “It’s system and team.”

“I’m not trying to make no enemies,” Parsons explained on The VonCast, via a transcript from Todd Brock of Cowboys Wire. “I just love the game so much, and I understand it so much, that when things are off, I just can’t hold it in. I’ve almost got to say something.”

The Eagles are two games in front of the Cowboys, who they play Christmas Eve, with a league-best 12-1 record. They have averaged 41 points the past three games.

Hurts’ 108.4 passer rating leads the NFL. He has 3,157 passing yards with 22 touchdowns and three interceptions, and he’s rushed for 686 yards and 10 touchdowns.

“He’s good. He’s good,” Parsons finally conceded after much prodding by Miller.

Parsons began the podcast by saying he didn’t want to give the Eagles any bulletin board material. He was not successful as Parsons’ quotes already have made it to the Philadelphia locker room.

The lead-up to the Week 16 game next week should be fun.

No one likes us and we don't care. Chicago, Chicago, Chicago!!

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
It seems the Eagles did not activate Dallas Goedert for tomorrow’s game in Chicago. Most the team’s beat writers expected that to happen.

Latest posts