2022 Eagles Thread

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
This is why coaches get paid. They should be able to scheme around losing Goedert for 4 games. Full stop.

Agreed. However that doesn’t mean they won’t miss a beat without him. Take Kelce away from Mahomes and sure they can come up with a game plan but they’ll be missing A LOT.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Agreed. However that doesn’t mean they won’t miss a beat without him. Take Kelce away from Mahomes and sure they can come up with a game plan but they’ll be missing A LOT.
Comparing Goedert and Kelce is a non-starter for me. The KC offense is geared around Kelce. The Eagles offense took advantage of Goedert matchups, but the dependency on TE for production was much less than in KC.

Reactions: Whart

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
Comparing Goedert and Kelce is a non-starter for me. The KC offense is geared around Kelce. The Eagles offense took advantage of Goedert matchups, but the dependency on TE for production was much less than in KC.

Easy fella…. I wasn’t comparing Goedert to Kelce. It was an example. Take Diggs away from Allen, take Tyreek away from Tua, take Jefferson away from Cousins. Take one of the most trusted weapons away from a QB, and you can’t just gameplan around that. The D has an easier job. The QB doesn’t have their safety blanket. You’re losing production.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Easy fella…. I wasn’t comparing Goedert to Kelce. It was an example. Take Diggs away from Allen, take Tyreek away from Tua, take Jefferson away from Cousins. Take one of the most trusted weapons away from a QB, and you can’t just gameplan around that. The D has an easier job. The QB doesn’t have their safety blanket. You’re losing production.
I think AJ Brown is probably the straw that mixes the drink in the Eagles passing game. His production drop recently also correlates to some of their struggles.

I’m likely missing some things, but Goedert’s catches feel more designed for him to be option #1 vs a security blanket when plays break down. That’s why I think coaches can do more schematically to cover while he’s out.

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
I think AJ Brown is probably the straw that mixes the drink in the Eagles passing game. His production drop recently also correlates to some of their struggles.

I’m likely missing some things, but Goedert’s catches feel more designed for him to be option #1 vs a security blanket when plays break down. That’s why I think coaches can do more schematically to cover while he’s out.

i gotcha. and yeah, i agree that AJ Brown is the key to keeping the train moving. I just think that the Goedert loss is gonna be much harder to fill than just scheming around him not being available. But you hit the nail on the head... this is why the coaches get paid what they get paid...

Reactions: WestSideLion

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
power ranking from www.profootballtalk.com I thought their comments were spot on.....

1. Chiefs (9-2; last week No. 1): They sometimes make it look so much easier than it is.

2. Eagles (10-1; No. 2): They sometimes made it look harder than it needs to be.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

If the season ended today, I believe the Birds would have the #6 pick in the 2023 draft, by virtue of having the Saints pick.

• Haha
Reactions: Bwifan

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Interesting comparison. Wentz was phenomenal in 2017 before he was injured.

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021

If the season ended today, I believe the Birds would have the #6 pick in the 2023 draft, by virtue of having the Saints pick.

Was just looking at the standings... whew the Rams have taken it on the chin this year. Cardinals as well... wondering if Kingsbury survives this season

Latest posts