2022 Eagles Thread

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Think about that for a minute….

The team with the best record in the league would pick 6th out of 32…….

Let that sink in……

Thank you Howie
package that we your other pick, move up to say #1 or 2. Do you take a QB? Let Hurts play out his last year, move the new QB in on a rookie deal after Hurts leaves, have plenty of money to keep everybody else, do it all over again? The new model in the NFL, having a QB on the rookie deal.

• Haha
Reactions: EPC FAN

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
package that we your other pick, move up to say #1 or 2. Do you take a QB? Let Hurts play out his last year, move the new QB in on a rookie deal after Hurts leaves, have plenty of money to keep everybody else, do it all over again? The new model in the NFL, having a QB on the erookie deal.

Except it’s not. Of the last 10 SBs, 2 were won by teams with QBs on rookie deals (KC, Seahawks). There really is no model. Rams we’re great all around, bucs had a great D with a really good O. KC had an amazing O. Eagles had a veteran team. There’s no blueprint. I get what you’re trying to say but there’s no way they let hurts go just to get a QB on a rookie deal. They continue to build around him IMO

Reactions: s1uggo72

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Except it’s not. Of the last 10 SBs, 2 were won by teams with QBs on rookie deals (KC, Seahawks). There really is no model. Rams we’re great all around, bucs had a great D with a really good O. KC had an amazing O. Eagles had a veteran team. There’s no blueprint. I get what you’re trying to say but there’s no way they let hurts go just to get a QB on a rookie deal. They continue to build around him IMO
Just looking for a discussion

Reactions: nittanyfan333

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
package that we your other pick, move up to say #1 or 2. Do you take a QB? Let Hurts play out his last year, move the new QB in on a rookie deal after Hurts leaves, have plenty of money to keep everybody else, do it all over again? The new model in the NFL, having a QB on the rookie deal.
IF they traded up, then it would be for a top DE like the kid from Bama.

IMO, they stay put and use that Saints pick on the best DE, DT or CB available. Their second first round pick could be CB (if they go DL first), S or even TE.

LundyPSU

Oct 14, 2021
IF they traded up, then it would be for a top DE like the kid from Bama.

IMO, they stay put and use that Saints pick on the best DE, DT or CB available. Their second first round pick could be CB (if they go DL first), S or even TE.
Agree. 1st round QB's are too hit or miss. Get the point on rookie contracts. I can see that now playing out with Sanders, not Hurts.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Agree. 1st round QB's are too hit or miss. Get the point on rookie contracts. I can see that now playing out with Sanders, not Hurts.
If sanders does not sign a team friendly extension, I don’t know what that would be, he can go work out in Cabo San Lucas for all I care Don’t over pay for RBs. There be another one available in the 2-3rd round

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
They 100% have to extend Hurts. It’s just a matter of when and how much. One thing I like about the kids is his indisputable improvement over 3 seasons. And we aren’t just taking small increments. That tells me his head is on right and that’s the type of kid you spend big $ on.

Sanders is a pickle. They don’t want to have to rely on a rookie RB in 2023. And if they replace Sanders with another FA back, then you may as well just resign Sanders.

It all comes down to dollars. Sanders and his family don’t seem like the types to accept a below-market contract to stay in Philly.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
They 100% have to extend Hurts. It’s just a matter of when and how much. One thing I like about the kids is his indisputable improvement over 3 seasons. And we aren’t just taking small increments. That tells me his head is on right and that’s the type of kid you spend big $ on.

Sanders is a pickle. They don’t want to have to rely on a rookie RB in 2023. And if they replace Sanders with another FA back, then you may as well just resign Sanders.

It all comes down to dollars. Sanders and his family don’t seem like the types to accept a below-market contract to stay in Philly.
On Sanders. He signs a team friendly contract or he walks. Good luck
On hurts

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
just heard the Cowboys RT is out for the year. they tried playing Josh Ball there, a 4th rounder from Marhsall, which it did not go well. So they put in 95 yr old Jason Peters (ever heard of him?) to play on the right side, so we will see.
Plus I saw the WTF just activated Carson Wentz, fwiw.

• Wow
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
siposs out indefinitely- with the Eagles offense maybe they punt 1 x per game. But to me, I am leaving Covey as the holder unless they bring in a veteran punter who has held before.

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
siposs out indefinitely- with the Eagles offense maybe they punt 1 x per game. But to me, I am leaving Covey as the holder unless they bring in a veteran punter who has held before.

Agree on leaving covey in there to hold. Plus it opens up an opportunity for a fake at some point if needed.

Gotta get a punter though. Gonna need one for the playoffs. Go get Araiza, he’s not getting charged now.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Agree on leaving covey in there to hold. Plus it opens up an opportunity for a fake at some point if needed.

Gotta get a punter though. Gonna need one for the playoffs. Go get Araiza, he’s not getting charged now.
in my mind thats a big debate, why ruin all the good vibe Philly has right now for a guy that will play maybe 1 or 2 plays a game?

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
in my mind thats a big debate, why ruin all the good vibe Philly has right now for a guy that will play maybe 1 or 2 plays a game?

Valid. But when you go to the playoffs and teams are better than the giants, you’re gonna have to play the field position game. Love him, but Elliot’s 35 yard punts won’t cut it.

Reactions: s1uggo72

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
Whole lot of baggage. Not worth the pr hit the Eagles would take, just for a punter. @s1uggo72 called it first.

I know he’s got a pending civil suit so that might scare me away, and if anything comes out of that I’m all for the kid being done. But he wasn’t charged after an extensive investigation. At what point do we say “penance = paid”? I also think Howie has put together one he!! Of a locker room right now, so if they went out and got Araiza I’d trust Howie did his due diligence.

Again, but throwing stones, just going down the rabbit hole.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
for me, what's on the line, I would be looking for a veteran punter. I dont know what's out there, but I might give up some yards for experience. I know this, I'd rather be looking for a punter than a RT, like the Cowboys!!!

• Haha
Reactions: nittanyfan333

Latest posts