2022 Phillies Thread

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
It's hard to recognize Harper and Nola with short hair. Glad they have numbers.

Oct 12, 2021
Great opening day so far... For the rest of the game I am going to nit pick so I can have something to complain about.

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Nola with 65 pitches, 1 run, 1 hit through 6. Does Girardi let him go the distance if he keeps this pace? I hope so.

Shadow99

Oct 25, 2021
Nola with 65 pitches, 1 run, 1 hit through 6. Does Girardi let him go the distance if he keeps this pace? I hope so.
Based solely on hindsight, Girardi should have definitely taken him out after 6! ;)

For some reason it seems to never be easy for the Phillies. 😞

• Haha
Reactions: Grant Green

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Every year I’m pumped for Opening Day, only to remember 10 mins before first pitch that it’s on NBC 10 and I can’t watch it in State College. Frustrating. Good win though. I watched it via an illegal stream. Bats looked great. Things got worrisome at one point, but that’s to be expected with this team.

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
Some good updates from the farm in here:

My one buddy who went to the AZ league this year said he really liked O’Hoppe. I am not quite as bullish but he is a legit prospect. As I mentioned in a response to a question by Tom, Rojas can really run. They would be wise to let that skill flourish as opposed to getting every guy to try to jack everything. I’m not saying this as a comparison at all but Lou Brock was a guy that would surprise you with his power. Instead, the player and the time lined up together to create an immortal. I really hope the Phillies buck the popular thinking and let this kid be the best version of himself.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
My one buddy who went to the AZ league this year said he really liked O’Hoppe. I am not quite as bullish but he is a legit prospect. As I mentioned in a response to a question by Tom, Rojas can really run. They would be wise to let that skill flourish as opposed to getting every guy to try to jack everything. I’m not saying this as a comparison at all but Lou Brock was a guy that would surprise you with his power. Instead, the player and the time lined up together to create an immortal. I really hope the Phillies buck the popular thinking and let this kid be the best version of himself.
I agree 100 percent with you but seems like that is a challenge for many organizations including this one these days.

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Bohm is showing consistency. Two innings, two errors.

I can only imagine the pressure on him right now. No excuses, you’re a pro, but man, mentally, he’s probably all over the place watching his dream slip away from him with his play.

Reactions: NittPicker

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
I can only imagine the pressure on him right now. No excuses, you’re a pro, but man, mentally, he’s probably all over the place watching his dream slip away from him with his play.
Maybe there's a team out there looking for a first baseman. I'd love to see him make it work at third but there's no other position for him right now with the Phils.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
That kind of feels like it's been a bit of an issue from the get-go, unfortunately. Rooting for the guy to turn it around, but it's hard to watch a lot of nights, this one chief among them.