2024 NCAA Championship Session II Thread

PSU_Lions_84

Jul 2, 2022
I think it's pretty clear that Cael made the right move two weeks ago at the B1G. He says he is 100% but he isn't wrestling like he is 100%. It's going to be a nail biter tomorrow against Lewis.

I think Carter is pulling a psych - he's okay but holding back until he faces Lewis et al.

My theory and I'm sticking with it.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I think Carter is pulling a psych - he's okay but holding back until he faces Lewis et al.

could be. perhaps he's outsmarting the field. Didn't look like it, but if he's doing what you speculate, then he's setting the field up.

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021

I was thinking along that line but it may not be an intentional psych. Certainly the brace limits mobility and, while upsets can happen, maybe the staff felt Carter could win in the first two sessions with the brace as a precaution. If he is really 100%, I look for the brace to be off vs. Lewis.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
I was thinking along that line but it may not be an intentional psych. Certainly the brace limits mobility and, while upsets can certainly happen, maybe the staff felt Carter could win in the first two sessions with brace as a precaution. If he is really 100%, I look for the brace to be off vs. Lewis.
Agree the brace needs to come off. You can tell it’s bothering him. Lewis is extremely quick and explosive. Carter needs his speed ! Don’t think a tweak is gonna get worse. Our trainer’s know best

PSU_Lions_84

Jul 2, 2022
I was thinking along that line but it may not be an intentional psych. Certainly the brace limits mobility and, while upsets can happen, maybe the staff felt Carter could win in the first two sessions with the brace as a precaution. If he is really 100%, I look for the brace to be off vs. Lewis.

He's gonna wear it for the first period against Lewis, then rip it off and go berserk in period 2. Lewis will be screaming "No mas! No mas!" before the period is over.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Unbelievable by ESPN. Not showing the best guys in the Country ! That’s on purpose too. Same last year. Freaking Hater’s. Hope someone reaches out to them tonight before Quarters tomorrow

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
197 pounds: Aaron Brooks vs. Joey Novak, Wyoming

First period
Brooks circles in and locks up a standing cradle and gets the count going but could not lock up more than two near falls so it's a 5-0 lead with the takedown. Brooks continues working on a turn and gets it at 2:20. It's the second pin the tournament for Penn State.

Brooks f. Novak 2:20.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
184 Championship R2: #6 seed Bernie Truax vs. #11 seed Colton Hawks (Mizzou) -- I'll use CH

I hope the O that Bernie showed in Session I is here tonight

Per 1
Nothing thru 1st min. Truax reaches, nothing. Too much wrestling from the knees by both guys (for my taste). Nothing thru 2nd min. Truax in on a leg but CH gets it free. End

Per 2
CH takes bottom. CH working up, and is out in 24 sec, 0-1. Truax in on a single and gets the TD, 3-1. CH works to his feet and he's out, 3-2. Blood stoppage for Truax. Truax sort of shoots, nothing. End. RT @ 35 sec for Truax

Per 3
Truax takes bottom. He's out in 7 sec, 4-2. CH sort of shoots, nothing. Truax shoots, nothing. 1 min left. Not a lot. Stall warning on Truax. End 4-2 DEC for Truax

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Lots of really tough matches tomorrow starting with the Davis quarterfinals

gimb14

May 3, 2022
So assuming a Kerk win, a really, really good session. 10-0 and only real concern is Starocci's health. I'm sticking with he's playing it super conservative until he has to open it up, but it's definitely something to watch. His match with Lewis and Carr/Hamiti are must see tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew