2024 Recruiting Class Thread

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
Two Crystal Balls for Van Buren to Oregon, looks like a backup plan.
The kid is ranked mid 500’s, much better on On3. Look at the WR’s, Outside of Hornsby, most of our targets are in that range. Van Buren played where again? You shouldn’t be shocked.. lol

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021

This hast to be good news for PS, was it MVB’s spot @RyanSnyder or are we still St Frances cursed?

I haven't talked to Van Buren myself. I believe he's traveling out to Oregon currently. He's going to participate in the Elite 11 Regional camp out there this weekend, so it's a 2-for-1 trip this weekend - something to keep in mind.

I did catch up with a PSU source who thinks this is going to help them. Supposedly Van Buren was offered a sizable NIL deal by Oregon, which is no surprise. I assumed that was the reason for the sudden shift. Whether that deal still stands after the Moga commitment, I'm not sure.

But PSU sources seem to think this commitment from Moga will impact Van Buren whether Oregon wants to take two QBs or not.

I'm away tonight and tomorrow, but I don't expect much news to trickle out until after he visits Oregon tomorrow and the Elite 11 on Sunday. For now though, just note that people in Lasch are excited about this development.

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
I haven't talked to Van Buren myself. I believe he's traveling out to Oregon currently. He's going to participate in the Elite 11 Regional camp out there this weekend, so it's a 2-for-1 trip this weekend - something to keep in mind.

I did catch up with a PSU source who thinks this is going to help them. Supposedly Van Buren was offered a sizable NIL deal by Oregon, which is no surprise. I assumed that was the reason for the sudden shift. Whether that deal still stands after the Moga commitment, I'm not sure.

But PSU sources seem to think this commitment from Moga will impact Van Buren whether Oregon wants to take two QBs or not.

I'm away tonight and tomorrow, but I don't expect much news to trickle out until after he visits Oregon tomorrow and the Elite 11 on Sunday. For now though, just note that people in Lasch are excited about this development.

What school does Van Buren go to again? St Francis is to Franklin what Woody Hills was to JoePa. Even if we get his verbal on Saturday, I would bet heavily against him ever signing with us.

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
I’m fully expecting Ethen Grunkemeyer to commit to PS this weekend. He’s on campus again for the State College elite 11 regional. It’s his 2nd visit in 11 days

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
Grunkemeyer may not rise to the level of Justin Fields in the end but I believe he's another one of those Franklin recruits that is way better than his initial ranking. I predict he'll quickly emerge as a 4*, firmly inside the Top 200.

Hopefully we have better luck with Grunkemeyer than we did with Fields.

Reactions: Bison13

PSUwolf

Oct 29, 2021
Grunkemeyer may not rise to the level of Justin Fields in the end but I believe he's another one of those Franklin recruits that is way better than his initial ranking. I predict he'll quickly emerge as a 4*, firmly inside the Top 200.

Hopefully we have better luck with Grunkemeyer than we did with Fields.
This 100%. And if my memory is correct, CJF was the very 1st to offer Fields when he was still a 3 star in his junior year. I have a feeling that Grunkemeyer ends up a solid 4 star when all is said and done

GregInPitt

Oct 13, 2021

Nits1989

Oct 29, 2021
Would be great to hear that Barnwell begins practicing at OT this Fall and also begins working in the S&C program for that position as well .....

TE room is stacked and will be going forward.
I read that CJF said he will start at TE and has tremendous position flexibility including offensive and defensive line.

19333lion

Oct 27, 2021
Anyone else feel like we'll get a verbal this weekend? If so, who's your guess?
I know who I'd like to see a commitment from. Unfortunately, that does not translate to confidence. Liam Andrews looks like the kind of mobile big man we could use in this class. Jaylen Harvey would look great in blue and white as well!

Reactions: LionsAndBears

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
Anyone else feel like we'll get a verbal this weekend? If so, who's your guess? of the visitors
Out of Saturday’s visits
Harvey is going to be a Lion. Personally I don’t know what he’s waiting for. He’s all but said I want to be here.

Liam wants to play defense, knowing how bad they want him. I can’t believe it’s a sticking point.

Cole & Lane are top targets also but don’t expect either to pull the trigger

Hornsby is my guess