2024 Recruiting Class Thread

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Out of Saturday’s visits
Harvey is going to be a Lion. Personally I don’t know what he’s waiting for. He’s all but said I want to be here.

Liam wants to play defense, knowing how bad they want him. I can’t believe it’s a sticking point.

Cole & Lane are top targets also but don’t expect either to pull the trigger

Hornsby is my guess
Thanks.

Tom_PSU

Oct 29, 2021
Ah Jim, we’re heading into my favorite time of the hot and heavy recruiting season. Not who commits or not, but the excuses from some of our esteemed posters.
Half the kids we won’t sign were obviously bought off, by the unscrupulous, nefarious means of other teams. However when visiting other sites, when they lose a kid to us it’s apparent that all the slimy bag men and golden unending NIL money all reside in SC.
The other half we lose are solely because we weren’t really interested in them. Despite the fact that for years in many cases we’ve been calling or texting him three or four times a week. Also mailing him hundreds of pieces of printed literature, almost on a daily basis. Plus encouraging him to visit the campus as often as possible, even footing the total bill at least once. Often right up to his actual commitment announcement coaches are making last minute death house pleas to sway him. (Many times continuing past his commitment). But I guess we really didn’t want him.
And then there’s my all time favorite “I committed to “insert team” because it felt like family and the coaches all really care about me”. Just f’ing once I’d love to hear a kid say
“I committed because they left me stranded at the airport and I had to hitchhike to campus. Unfortunately none of the coaches were able to speak with me, and I slept on a couch in a dorm hallway. The leftover Big Macs they gave me were cold and the fries soggy. I loved the place”.

Reactions: PSUAXE70

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
Out of Saturday’s visits
Harvey is going to be a Lion. Personally I don’t know what he’s waiting for. He’s all but said I want to be here.

Liam wants to play defense, knowing how bad they want him. I can’t believe it’s a sticking point.

Hornsby is my guess
The two Maryland DE, Harvey and Gilliam are both just about locks at this point. MD is trying to throw some NIL stuff and staying in state bs st them though

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
Out of Saturday’s visits

Hornsby is my guess

What are we looking at with WRs? This looks like a 2-3 WR class, but 0 verbals yet. At least 2 we very likely would have taken off the board as well.

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
Coached against him, solid player. Strong, athletic, but dont quite think he is 260. He led the county in rebounding while playing basketball this winter. I would say closer to 240. He didnt play baseball this spring so he could workout but I doubt he got up to 260.

Reactions: LionsAndBears

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
The wife and I are at the house in State College for the weekend. We went for a walk around campus this morning. The golf carts past us on Curtain Ave.

Tyseer Denmark is on campus today. Don’t know if it’s an “official” visit like the others or an unofficial visit for the day. Good to see the staff is still working to flip his commitment from Oregon.

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
The wife and I are at the house in State College for the weekend. We went for a walk around campus this morning. The golf carts past us on Curtain Ave.

Tyseer Denmark is on campus today. Don’t know if it’s an “official” visit like the others or an unofficial visit for the day. Good to see the staff is still working to flip his commitment from Oregon.
Screenshot_20230617_125856_Chrome.jpg

From his social media.

Also this.

blion72

Oct 30, 2021
Hornsby and Lane the 2 up coming? Heard that Harvey canceled his remaining visits and set a commitment date today, he’s been such a PS lean I was beginning to think he had a issue Franklin was waiting on.
How many WR's do we need? Seems like we do have a good number of WRs on the current roster.

Position that seems to a larger need is DT - specifically 1-tech. We seem to have plenty of 3-tech types who are hard to tell from the DE's. I think TFrank suggested we needed 3-4 DT's of the 1-tech variety, and currently none in the class. We only have 7 open spots left for this class, seems like we have had a lot harder time recruiting the DT's. every other position on DE we are superb at landing. the few we have landed don't seem to stick. Cole Brevard is listed as a projected starter for Purdue by pre-season mags. this used to be an area we were outstanding at recruiting.

Nits1989

Oct 29, 2021
How many WR's do we need? Seems like we do have a good number of WRs on the current roster.

Position that seems to a larger need is DT - specifically 1-tech. We seem to have plenty of 3-tech types who are hard to tell from the DE's. I think TFrank suggested we needed 3-4 DT's of the 1-tech variety, and currently none in the class. We only have 7 open spots left for this class, seems like we have had a lot harder time recruiting the DT's. every other position on DE we are superb at landing. the few we have landed don't seem to stick. Cole Brevard is listed as a projected starter for Purdue by pre-season mags. this used to be an area we were outstanding at recruiting.
As many as the staff thinks PSU needs. They will handle any roster issues. That’s modern football.

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021

3-4 WRs most likely. Really depends on who is willing to come. KLS, Cephas both likely gone after this year. Meiga probably gone unless he contributes. Probably 1-2 get the talk.

DTs are likely coming. They tend to be the slowest to verbal. Unsure that we take 3-4 1T types, I was thinking 2.

Reports are saying 27-28 recruits. So possibly 10-11 left.

Nits1989

Oct 29, 2021
I feel that CJF has gotten back on track after COVID and is really firing on all cylinders. I really like the last class and this one looks really good. I read one recruit say the facilities are great. Recruits say CJF and staff are good people (family) and they want to play for them. CJF is getting a lot done. I don’t want to leave out the new AD. CJF has given positive indications there. NIL is being addressed. Lots of positives.

Last edited:

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
Wife & I are back from our morning walk around the campus. Today we ran into a staff member also out for a jog. I asked him if he expected anything to happen on the commitment front today.

While he didn’t come directly out and say yes. His wording of “I wouldn’t be surprised if we have someone who announced his commitment.”

stay tuned and let the guessing begin.
Just based on the predictions and CB’s I say Denmark but it could be Gonzalez.

19333lion

Oct 27, 2021
Waller's visit to FL apparently went well. I hope money isn't doing the talking or that it comes down to the highest NIL.

Nits1989

Oct 29, 2021
With all the prior action surrounding Marsh, and the action surrounding Denmark on Saturday the 17th, Hornsby’s interests changed on the 18th. I hope Peter Gonzalez doesn’t have a change of mind. He would be good for PSU. He’s a big, tall, athletic receiver and he’s friends with Speca. There’s lots of positives surrounding Gonzalez. It would be a nice trio of receivers.

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
Fast, athletic, and isn't afraid of contact. I hope he jumps on board, more than a couple other guy we are now linked to.
I think they are taking 4
Marsh, Denmark, Gonzalez and Brown

They missed on the next Micah though 😫
Jamonta Waller is going to Florida

Reactions: Nits1989

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021

What happened in Gainesville over thr weekend? They pulled the LB Chiles too, and I believe he was a Michigan lean.

Reactions: Shadow99

psuno1

Oct 16, 2021

Those southern players are a tough pull for PSU once the starting taken visits to the SEC schools. There were picks for Ole Miss then PSU then UF.

Reactions: Midnighter and LB99

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
Those southern players are a tough pull for PSU once the starting taken visits to the SEC schools. There were picks for Ole Miss then PSU then UF.
I understand but the cure is winning … first this conference then in the playoffs. The other 2 teams in this conference we compare ourselves to don’t have that issue.

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
I understand but the cure is winning … first this conference then in the playoffs. The other 2 teams in this conference we compare ourselves to don’t have that issue.

The other 2 teams you're referring to may win in conference but beyond that is very objectionable outside of 1 year by OSU.

Reactions: MacNit