Bart Torvik

catholicman

Senior
Nov 19, 2007
264
419
63
How do these guys come up with these rankings in the NIL era???? Every roster has so many new pieces. It's like they're throwing pasta at the wall to see if it sticks.

I think we'll be better than Rutgers. But who knows. We always get ranked too low. Yet I never have been as uninformed about our prospects as now. There are just too many unknowns. It will be so interesting to watch our new team play this season. Can't wait to see us in action. Then we'll get a better idea.
 
  • Like
Reactions: NIL BAD

Seton75

All-Conference
Jun 3, 2001
37,011
3,487
113
How do these guys come up with these rankings in the NIL era???? Every roster has so many new pieces. It's like they're throwing pasta at the wall to see if it sticks.

I think we'll be better than Rutgers. But who knows. We always get ranked too low. Yet I never have been as uninformed about our prospects as now. There are just too many unknowns. It will be so interesting to watch our new team play this season. Can't wait to see us in action. Then we'll get a better idea.
By equation I guess.
 
Last edited:

SHUSource

All-Conference
Jun 3, 2001
42,120
4,451
48
I guess they calculate everyone's offensive and defensive efficiencies, but when you're seeing every single roster blown to pieces and all the players reassembled as brand new groups with new coaches who run different schemes, I'm not sure how it can accurately present predictive metrics when so many variables have changed. Then again, this is about as far from my range of expertise as can be, so I can only imagine what I don't understand about this.
 

Seton75

All-Conference
Jun 3, 2001
37,011
3,487
113
I guess they calculate everyone's offensive and defensive efficiencies, but when you're seeing every single roster blown to pieces and all the players reassembled as brand new groups with new coaches who run different schemes, I'm not sure how it can accurately present predictive metrics when so many variables have changed. Then again, this is about as far from my range of expertise as can be, so I can only imagine what I don't understand about this.
Source, Torvik is a lawyer by trade, so basketball stats analysis is right up his alley.
 
Seton Hall Pirates

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals 4-star PG Javion Tyndale commits to Seton Hall
  2. 02 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 4-star PG Javion Tyndale down to 6 schools
  3. 03 Women's Sports Highly-recruited 2027 prospect Ava Womack breaks down recruitment
  4. 04 Women's Sports Highly-recruited 2027 prospect Eni Oyedeji breaks down recruitment
  5. 05 On3 Basketball LMU transfer guard Rodney Brown Jr. commits to Seton Hall