ESPN big Monday

SHUSource

All-Conference
Jun 3, 2001
42,120
4,449
48
That's it? What sort of programming do they run on Monday nights during the winter? Man, I used to look forward to those nights.
 
  • Like
Reactions: HallGuy2323

rcodey

Sophomore
May 5, 2006
69
144
33
On a side note ESPN stated last week that ESPN and ESPN2 will be available in native 4K . Right now the 4K version is only available using their app on devices like Apple TV and Roku . Cable and satellite providers are scheduled to have the 4K version later this Fall . Just Monday night I watched the KC-Denver game on the app in 4K and the picture was excellent . Probably the best 4K sports broadcast I've seen .
 

NYShoreGuy

All-Conference
Jan 7, 2006
2,567
1,173
113
On a side note ESPN stated last week that ESPN and ESPN2 will be available in native 4K . Right now the 4K version is only available using their app on devices like Apple TV and Roku . Cable and satellite providers are scheduled to have the 4K version later this Fall . Just Monday night I watched the KC-Denver game on the app in 4K and the picture was excellent . Probably the best 4K sports broadcast I've seen .
Technically it should be its practically 4 times the pixels on monitor vs a 1080p hdr product hlg....I am pretty sure it passes uncompressed with no chroma sub sample so a pure 4:4:4 but need a true high data rate and a great monitor to see the 16:10 outcome
 

rcodey

Sophomore
May 5, 2006
69
144
33
You know the broadcast technology jargon . If I had benn reading the Audio Video Sciences message board for 20 years I would have no idea what you were talking about.
 

rcodey

Sophomore
May 5, 2006
69
144
33
BTW, I read on the AVS message board that the 4K picture on Tuesday night's game on ESPN of the Mets and Orioles was very good . Monday's Giants Rams game should also be nice .
 

NIL BAD

Junior
Aug 15, 2025
418
372
63
Yea but there were a lot of bad games too. These are all really good matchups.
 

radecicco

All-Conference
Jun 24, 2013
1,056
1,665
113
Yea but there were a lot of bad games too. These are all really good matchups.
The ESPN Big Monday in the ‘80s and ‘90s lasted all season. Only 8/9 teams in the league. Everyone knew everyone creating off the charts matchups rivalries that developed continuity during the season, ie home and home for the top teams. The physicality and emotional level was off the charts. Same with the Big Ten matchups, fewer teams , more emotional attachments. Agree these upcoming games are good match ups but they lack everything else.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SHUSource
Seton Hall Pirates

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals 4-star PG Javion Tyndale commits to Seton Hall
  2. 02 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 4-star PG Javion Tyndale down to 6 schools
  3. 03 Women's Sports Highly-recruited 2027 prospect Ava Womack breaks down recruitment
  4. 04 Women's Sports Highly-recruited 2027 prospect Eni Oyedeji breaks down recruitment
  5. 05 On3 Basketball LMU transfer guard Rodney Brown Jr. commits to Seton Hall