Favorite Jack Cristil adage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesterB

Mar 3, 2008
I also liked when he threatened to jump out of the pressbox while playing UAB in BHam if we weren't awarded the 1st down. Then being relieved when we got it because it would have been a 15 foot fall.

RadTechBulldog

Oct 23, 2010
Late in the game during intentional foul situtations Jack would sometimes say "Stewart got absolutely mugged!! Should have been a personal foul but they won't call it" and Jim would say something like "They don't usually call it in that situation"

RadTechBulldog

Oct 23, 2010
Jack got frustrated when we were playing Kentucky or Florida and made it sound so professional when he pointed out that their player clearly traveled and traveled again. I remember laughing when i heard it

mjt36

Feb 23, 2011
I, like a couple before me, have been a long time lurker and now a first time poster. I remember during the 2008 Egg Bowl (maybe?) Jack said something to the effect of: <span class="text_exposed_show">"The quarterback and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey, it's only week eleven." Has stuck with me until this day...</span>

baen

Nov 11, 2007
a few particular instances I've always remembered....<div>
</div><div>Playing Ole Miss at their place in hoops...."another basket by Ansee Saysu, err, Anser Saysee, errr, I can't say his name but he's KILLING us."</div><div>
</div><div>Against Auburn in the 90's--on the opening kickoff, which I think we were penalized on before play even started for taunting or something, we ended up recovering a fumble and scoring a TD. Jack's call was something like...."the ball is kicked high and deep and (silence for several seconds) a Bulldog is holding the ball aloft in the End Zone area" (spoken skeptically)...(Jim breaks in) "I think it's a touchdown Jack." (Jack, recovering his wits) "and indeed the official to the near side is holding his arms in the position symbolizing touchdown..."</div><div>
</div><div>One last great one from the pre-internet days, I think during the Tech and Ten season or thereabouts. I can't recall who we were playing but it was a road game. "the (opposing) quarterback drops back to pass, still looking, now he rolls right...he rolls back to the left.....now he's writing a letter home to his folks..."</div><div>
</div><div>
</div>

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
"He's looking...looking...looking..and he fires down field and the ball is.....ALMOST INTERCEPTED!!!"

B Rock

Feb 22, 2011
mjt36 said:
I, like a couple before me, have been a long time lurker and now a first time poster. I remember during the 2008 Egg Bowl (maybe?) Jack said something to the effect of: <span class="text_exposed_show">"The quarterback and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey, it's only week eleven." Has stuck with me until this day...</span>
He said a lot of funny **** looking back at that 2008 Egg bowl. It wasn't funny at the time, but I found a blog with a bunch of good ones from that game and copied and pasted them.

“The QB and the receiver weren’t on the same page there; but hey, it’s only week eleven.”</p>

“Handoff to Dixon. And Dixon is murdered on the play.”</p>

After Ole Miss went up 17-0 in the 1st Quarter: “They are
going to have to send in their second kickoff coverage unit because the
first unit is going to tire out with all of these kickoffs.”</p>

“Ole Miss has just scored and we don’t know who scored because No. 85
isn’t listed on their roster. It’s academic at this point.”</p>

After an MSU holding call, “Well, if you can’t block ‘em, hold ‘em!
John Correro: “One can only hope so, Jack.”</p>

“It’s third down and so long, you will need surveying equipment to see how much is needed for a first down.”</p>

“There are only 45 seconds left. Maybe Ole Miss won’t score another touchdown. In the 1st quarter that is.”</p>

“Coming up on the end of the quarter – the third quarter, that is. We’ve still got another one to play.</p>

“At the end of the third quarter, Ole Miss barely out in front, 38-0.”</p>

“Ole Miss has punted once today for a grand total of 12 yards. They ought to improve on that with this next punt.” (Laughter in the background as he was saying it)</p>

“Let’s punt it again. McAdams has to punt it a lot in his final game as a Bulldog.”</p>

In the 4th Quarter: “For the record both teams have all of their timeouts left. So, that ought to make it fun.”</p>

“Well, what do you know? The Rebels have put a couple of backup linemen in the game.”</p>

“Mercifully, the clock continues to run.”</p>

“About 3 minutes left, many fans have long been gone. In fact, some of them are probably already home by now.”</p>

“Chris Relf can throw it long. He cannot throw it accurately, but he can throw it long.”</p>

“Well, that’s only a loss of 9 there. So, it’s only third and 19.”</p>

“A great many of the 55,000 fans have left the game now (45-0), they might even be home now watching on TV”.</p>

“It’s 4th down and 24 yards to go, this ought to dictate a punt right now.”
John Correro: “One can only hope so, Jack.”</p>

“Well, the Bulldogs take a delay of game. That backs them up to their
4 where it will be fourth and 31. We just wanted to make sure McAdams
had plenty of room to kick the ball because he has such a powerful leg.”</p>

“That’s it. Ballgame over. Ole Miss noses out Mississippi State, 45-0.”</p>

“Sonic drive of the game….My drive home to Tupelo, MS I guarantee you
that is my drive of the game.” Then he proceeded to give his home
address.</p>

After Ole Miss was twice flagged for celebration after scoring: “That’s terrible, throwing a flag on a kid that just made a great play. Let the kid celebrate a little.”</p>

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
"The lsu game next week will be televised, but not sure why anyone would watch it" or something similar

RonnyAtmosphere

Jun 4, 2007
..apparently, several SEC schools place the visiting radio guys in ****** locations.

If Jack is in a ****** location (no matter if it is a football stadium or basketball gym), if Jack can't see the play, he will let you know.

Jack: "And Relf completes the pass to Bumphis; Bumphis to the 10, to the....I have no idea what just happened. From this vantage point, we cannot see the right corner of the west end zone."

Jim: "Jack, Bumphis just scored. We can't see it, but the ref indicates touchdown."

Jack: Really? Then I'll take your word for it. Touchdown, Bulldogs!"

Or...

Jack: "Bost passes to Sidney, Sidney....I can't see a thing. Did I hear a whistle? From this vantage point, you just can't see that area of the court. I have no idea what just happened."

Jim: Jack, Sidney was called for traveling. The ball goes back to Arkansaas."

Jack: "Okay, the Razorbacks receive the ball on a traveling violation by Miss. State; I'll take your word for it, because I can't see a thing."

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
"The bulldogs come out in an I formation with two tight ends to the left and two wide receivers split wide to either side of the field."

Heard that alot while Crooms was here.

hullabaloodog

Jul 10, 2008
I'll be playing the Jack Cristil Drinking Game on Saturday while listening. Need a little help coming up with more rules. We played this last year during a game and had a great time, so much that I can't remember what all we had on the list.

Some examples:
"Slams it in the goal" (Drink 3)
"Back iron. Not there." (Drink 1)
"Rams home a three." (Drink 3)
"Randy Stewart" (Drink 5)
Wrap it in maroon and white (Finish your beer)

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
And "he cannot GO!"<div>
</div><div>"the ball is equidistant from the sideline stripes.."</div><div>
</div><div>So many memories, over 30 years of my life listening to Dr. Jack. Saturday will be a tough day for every Bulldog. </div>

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
never forget the night Jack lost it up at Rupp a few years ago in a close one. He had gotten enough of the fouls from the full court pressure Kentucky was applying and was famous for at the time when all of a sudden you hear the microphone getting knocked over and Jack yelling at the referee in the background. He loves his basketball.

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
happened in that mass of humanity" he used something along these lines on many fourth and inches situations.

B Rock

Feb 22, 2011
"LSU just put in their second string. That ought to even things up a little."

abitadawg

Nov 15, 2005
After the wind-blown Egg Bowl field goal in Veteran's Stadium that was good and then it wasn't. If you mention Jack's name you can bet that my dad will tell that story within the next 5 minutes. When I was younger I used to roll my eyes and give him a hard time about retelling his stories. Now I just listen again and enjoy them.

bbqbully

Sep 14, 2008
But my favorite has been when we played LSU in football and listening to Jack mangle all those cajun last names!

Bless you Jack. Thanks for the memories.

GTAdawg

Sep 11, 2010
Everytime I would read the ones I could remember I would thinkback tothe game I was listening to when I heard itwhich makes it that much better. God Bless Ol' Jack. He will be missed.

bulliegolfer

Oct 19, 2008
And everyone I read, I could hear Jack's voice as I read them. Couldn't help but get a little misty while reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.