For the Golf hobbyists

NYShoreGuy

All-Conference
Jan 7, 2006
2,571
1,176
113
Can we agree the Good Good was a major botch?

Terrible fallout from this. Big Break not happening.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TommyD82

HALL85

Heisman
Jul 5, 2001
30,389
11,834
113
This was just dumb and agree that Callaway is culpable also as they signed off on it.

I actually think this is part of the bigger issue in that Golf is at a crossroads right now. There have been moves to modernize the game and appeal to the next generation, bring more women into fan ship and add a touch of Barstool. LIV is about to fold, as it just hasn’t stuck. I was trying to be open-minded in that. I don’t want to project my interests as that of the next generation. LIV was trying to be golf’s version of F1, with the team concept, party atmosphere and relaxed rules.

I will give you an example of why it doesn’t seem to be sticking. I attended the USGA Junior Amateur last month (it was very close to my home and Charlie Woods qualifyied) so spent a day following various players. I was extremely impressed, not just with their games, but how they carry themselves with such poise in class. These are 16 and 17-year-old kids then acted more mature than 98% of adults. Golf more than any sports Pion tradition and honoring the sport. They are the future of the sport.

I just don’t think golf will ever be a mass appeal sport as these attempts are trying to make it. Doing edgy stuff like Good Golf has limited appeal and fails when they push the envelope and do something stupid. It is a niche sport; the tradition of the majors, a game the world participates, with the men’s game driving the bus. Women’s and senior tour events are great to include but they generate minuscule revenue.
 

NYShoreGuy

All-Conference
Jan 7, 2006
2,571
1,176
113
This was just dumb and agree that Callaway is culpable also as they signed off on it.

I actually think this is part of the bigger issue in that Golf is at a crossroads right now. There have been moves to modernize the game and appeal to the next generation, bring more women into fan ship and add a touch of Barstool. LIV is about to fold, as it just hasn’t stuck. I was trying to be open-minded in that. I don’t want to project my interests as that of the next generation. LIV was trying to be golf’s version of F1, with the team concept, party atmosphere and relaxed rules.

I will give you an example of why it doesn’t seem to be sticking. I attended the USGA Junior Amateur last month (it was very close to my home and Charlie Woods qualifyied) so spent a day following various players. I was extremely impressed, not just with their games, but how they carry themselves with such poise in class. These are 16 and 17-year-old kids then acted more mature than 98% of adults. Golf more than any sports Pion tradition and honoring the sport. They are the future of the sport.

I just don’t think golf will ever be a mass appeal sport as these attempts are trying to make it. Doing edgy stuff like Good Golf has limited appeal and fails when they push the envelope and do something stupid. It is a niche sport; the tradition of the majors, a game the world participates, with the men’s game driving the bus. Women’s and senior tour events are great to include but they generate minuscule revenue.
Do you feel diversity in both organizations would have yielded a different outcome?
 

cernjSHU

Senior
Jul 17, 2001
191
523
93
The sin of this ad is that it’s not funny. They were trying to be funny and it just wasn’t. If somehow the push of the woman was made to be funny, the as could have worked. Instead they just look like ********.
 

NIL BAD

Junior
Aug 15, 2025
418
372
63
Funny how diversity works. If their roles were reversed nothing would have happened.
 

HALL85

Heisman
Jul 5, 2001
30,389
11,834
113
The sin of this ad is that it’s not funny. They were trying to be funny and it just wasn’t. If somehow the push of the woman was made to be funny, the as could have worked. Instead they just look like ********.
This was also my take. They look like idiots.
 
Seton Hall Pirates

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals 4-star PG Javion Tyndale commits to Seton Hall
  2. 02 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 4-star PG Javion Tyndale down to 6 schools
  3. 03 Women's Sports Highly-recruited 2027 prospect Ava Womack breaks down recruitment
  4. 04 Women's Sports Highly-recruited 2027 prospect Eni Oyedeji breaks down recruitment
  5. 05 On3 Basketball LMU transfer guard Rodney Brown Jr. commits to Seton Hall