LOL @ Lemonis

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
The guy can't even put together a respectable lineup. We don't deserve a regional playing a pitiful OOC schedule because the coach needed to save his job. Just end it, Move on to a new coach.
Did not matter, we did not really have the mid week pitching, to carry us thru.
And that sir was the DAMN problem.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Then don’t read. I’m not sure what’s worse, the fire Lemonis now crowd swooping in or the entitled delusional crowd that thought State should host without a doubt.

Allow me to defend a fellow drunkard.

I don't think myself, @mike tice , et al, are in the Lemonis can do no wrong camp; nor are we in the we're not hosting fire his butt camp.

We're all 17in disappointed with the season, yet, unfortunately, it's better than the past 2 and we're just rooting for our team to improve. And hoping we can make some improbable sh I t happen. Our 2013 team did that, hell the 2018 did as well.

Perhaps not hosting, we never really deserved to due to scheduling & bad bad losses, will put a chip on our shoulder & things might happen.

He didn't make some grand tirade against the OP, he just agreed with me that the thread-starting outrage was pointless.

From Goat to Glfr, we're all pissed about the state of State Baseball.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
With the Tennessee lineup we woulda won 50 games.

Our overall sos was 10th out of 14 teams in the league. Our non conference rpi was 3rd worst in the top 30.

we played a bad schedule.
With Tennessee's lineup AND with Tennessee's coach, we would have won 50 games.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
What people don't want to realize is we were not a host team. We never were. Let writers and folks drag them a long thinking it was going to happen after two wins in the tournament. The tournament has never meant that much. We didn't take care of business during the season. Dropped too many shouldn't trying think figure out the pitching staff and having our heads up our own assess trying to figure out how to hit. If we really wanted to host we should have not dropped games like we did all year.
I'm not surprised at all we aren't hosting. At the end of the day we still have to win a regional and I'm not solely convinced we can win 3 in a row against good competition. We seem to 17 it up every time except when we played auburn.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
What people don't want to realize is we were not a host team. We never were. Let writers and folks drag them a long thinking it was going to happen after two wins in the tournament. The tournament has never meant that much. We didn't take care of business during the season. Dropped too many shouldn't trying think figure out the pitching staff and having our heads up our own assess trying to figure out how to hit. If we really wanted to host we should have not dropped games like we did all year.
I'm not surprised at all we aren't hosting. At the end of the day we still have to win a regional and I'm not solely convinced we can win 3 in a row against good competition. We seem to 17 it up every time except when we played auburn.
This times 100000

kendall rogers was a huge pusher but he seemed very biased. He jumped on our train mid yesr and kept doubling down. BA never had us in. And the entire SEC tourney broadcast was the announcers running with the company line, they weren’t going to say anything negative about their own.

the fact they put in Arizona and ecu with Their flawed resumes, tells me ours was more flawed. We were the 10th best team in the conference RPI wise. we hung our hats on quad 1 wins (keep in mind all 5 games vs a below 500 ole miss team are considered quad 1), sec record when we 7 of our 17 wins against the bottom 3 teams in the league… we played 2 quad 1 non conference games.

indy state got screwed, Duke had a major beef, we are right there with wake and dbu… the resume was nice but not quiet there. but like said, if we get our bats going and get a decent draw, take care of business and with some luck may host a super.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I see everyone saying that our weak non conference schedule is to blame. If we scheduled 3 SWAC teams instead of Let’s go Pee and South and won those games, are we in? I’d say yes.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I see everyone saying that our weak non conference schedule is to blame. If we scheduled 3 SWAC teams instead of Let’s go Pee and South and won those games, are we in? I’d say yes.
No, because that wouldn't help your RPI really.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Having looked at the numbers a lot I’d say only if it was Jackson State. 2 things can be true- we could have scheduled a lot better and we also performed poorly. I would not be surprised to hear OOC SOS referenced as to how they sorted out the final host selections. That still doesnt explain Indiana State.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Having looked at the numbers a lot I’d say only if it was Jackson State. 2 things can be true- we could have scheduled a lot better and we also performed poorly. I would not be surprised to hear OOC SOS referenced as to how they sorted out the final host selections. That still doesnt explain Indiana State.
2 non conference quad 1 opponents

we relied heavily on our sec schedule and standings. Because 24 of our sec games were considered quad 1. so the quad 1 record and sec standings were basically one thing that we wanted counted twice….. But we also didnt play Tenn or Kentucky. won 7 games against teams that will not be the post season, and finished 10th in our league RPI wise.

had to schedule better or win more.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
2 non conference quad 1 opponents

we relied heavily on our sec schedule and standings. Because 24 of our sec games were considered quad 1. so the quad 1 record and sec standings were basically one thing that we wanted counted twice….. But we also didnt play Tenn or Kentucky. won 7 games against teams that will not be the post season, and finished 10th in our league RPI wise.

had to schedule better or win more.
What’s so concerning about the scheduling is that they learned nothing from 2022. I guess we were so bad it wasnt worth analyzing but a @Perd Hapley and I picked up on it. It was way worse than this year.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
What’s so concerning about the scheduling is that they learned nothing from 2022. I guess we were so bad it wasnt worth analyzing but a @Perd Hapley and I picked up on it. It was way worse than this year.
The fault was thinking if we won those games and ride the wave of the sec we’d be in. So likely won’t change in the future either. But looking at both ecu and Arizona.. both played strong ooc schedules and dominated their conference and were rewarded….. way too obvious that’s the way things should be done moving forward

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Our biggest problem was not our schedule. Our biggest problem was our bats. This is the most inconsistent hitting team I can remember at State, that actually had a winning record. Until we get a lineup together that can consistently score runs to go with our pitching staff, we will be like we are this year on the outside looking in.

The one thing I see that we're really missing this season is that we have always been able to add to a lead. If we were lucky enough to get the lead late, we never could hold usually it because of our bullpen was bad or they got no run support.