Medical issue for Leach…

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
This is really weighing heavily on my heart. As some of you know, I've had some serious problems with my health the past two years, but luckily my heart and lungs are in really good shape. I just had all of my labs run and they were all pretty normal and I am getting some good medical care to try to improve the rest of my health. I am so thankful that I am getting the chance.

Even though we're two totally different people I always felt like he and I were a lot of like in some ways when I listen to him talk about things that had nothing to do with football. Gotta love his humor.. Makes me very sad because I will be 61 next month

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
One other thing. The media stated that CML went up to 15 minutes after collapse without medical intervention. I don't know if that means he was unattended when he collapsed and found 15 minutes later or whoever was with him did not attempt CPR. The fact that a heartbeat was able to be reestablished indicates the latter. Learn CPR. Hopefully you will never need to use it but if you ever do it is too late at that point to learn how.

ChocoDuckThunderFace

Feb 11, 2019
One other thing. The media stated that CML went up to 15 minutes after collapse without medical intervention. I don't know if that means he was unattended when he collapsed and found 15 minutes later or whoever was with him did not attempt CPR. The fact that a heartbeat was able to be reestablished indicates the latter. Learn CPR. Hopefully you will never need to use it but if you ever do it is too late at that point to learn how.
Frankly if you get above a certain age, get a defibrillator for the house.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
This. From someone who takes care of people after cardiac arrest, learn CPR.

Sep 1, 2022
Forgive me if posts from other boards aren't allowed, but this was just posted :(
Man... more awful news from Mississippi.

Not having Coach Leach be a part of every CFB season makes the entire enterprise lesser for it. I'm going to miss having him around, both for his off-brand offense and his endlessly quotable press conferences and interviews. This sucks. I am so sorry to all of y'all here and all the Maroon Dawgs everywhere. I am sorry for his family, his friends, his colleagues, and his team.

We're losing a giant of the game. College football will never be the same, never be as good, without Mike Leach in it.

ChocoDuckThunderFace

Feb 11, 2019
You know what. As relatively inexpensive and user friendly as they are today that is not a bad idea.

They can be expensive (about 2k), but they’re really just two pads and a button with a screen for prompts. Especially if you don’t live right in town something like that could really save someone’s life.

Ayako

Sep 22, 2021
Outside of my own team, there's only one coach in the entire country that I would say I like and that is Mike Leach. I love this guy.

He's one of a kind and unbelievably entertaining, purposely or not. This really sucks for all of college football.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Agree with the larger sentiment about learning CPR but my guess is that whoever was in the house with him didn't immediately know he was in distress. It's not out of the realm of possibility that his wife or others in the house were simply in a different room.

I'd just hate for anyone to pick up on the "whoever was with him did not attempt CPR" part and start spinning rumors around that.

Reactions: Dawg84

ChoctawReb

Dec 12, 2022
Rebel fan here. I just wanted to express my prayers for Coach Leach and his family, as well as my sincere sympathy to the Bulldog faithful. What an awful and heartbreaking situation. Coach Leach is truly a legend and icon of the game.

As a Rebel fan, I also wanted to just say that I've always appreciated Leach's approach to the game and coaching students. I love that he's always been such a no BS straight shooter, and I love that he helped bring back some respect to the Egg Bowl rivalry after many years of toxicity.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Agree with the larger sentiment about learning CPR but my guess is that whoever was in the house with him didn't immediately know he was in distress. It's not out of the realm of possibility that his wife or others in the house were simply in a different room.

I'd just hate for anyone to pick up on the "whoever was with him did not attempt CPR" part and start spinning rumors around that.

I read he fell asleep on the couch Saturday, early Sunday and was found unresponsive in the morning.

Maybe we'll get a clearer picture, maybe not, but I agree with you. Learn CPR, but don't assume that would have made the difference here.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
I read he fell asleep on the couch Saturday, early Sunday and was found unresponsive in the morning.

Maybe we'll get a clearer picture, maybe not, but I agree with you. Learn CPR, but don't assume that would have made the difference here.
It wouldn't have made a difference if a paramedic with an AED and an oxygen tank lived next door. That's a really tragic scenario.

9IronDawg

Aug 4, 2021
Georgia fan, but Leach has been my favorite non-UGA coach in the country for a long time. I've been watching his weekly press conferences since his Washington St days. Truly a national treasure, prayers up for him, his family, and all of the Mississippi State family. 🙏

Oct 13, 2021
Steve's latest update just a few minutes ago:

"I am told that the Mississippi State assistant coaches who have been out recruiting have been told to return to Starkville."

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Steve's latest update just a few minutes ago:

"I am told that the Mississippi State assistant coaches who have been out recruiting have been told to return to Starkville."
Damn man… I can’t believe this is happening. Praying for peace for the Leach family

SPRINKLES

Jun 17, 2019

I hope that's the case. Basically passing away in his sleep, never knowing anything was wrong. If he has to go, that seems like a pretty peaceful way to go.