Medical issue for Leach…

Doctajones018

Sep 3, 2022
Thoughts and Prayers from a Tennessee fan. I wanted him as coach when he was tired to our search years ago. He’s a treasure to the College Football World and seems like a genuinely good human being, in a profession filled with dishonest and fake, morally bankrupt, individuals. We here in the Volunteer State hope for the best and know some things - especially this - transcend football and let us know, despite silly rivalries and competition, all in all, we are all part of a big family of people who love the beauty, sport, legacy and pageantry of college football and Coach Leach embodied all that for the sport. Godspeed, Pirate. We are all cheering for you to win this fight.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
On Bo's show, Rosebowl just said if Leach survives, it will be an absolute miracle if he coaches again. The kids have been called in, the final two will make it in today. They have decisions to make.

• Sad
Reactions: preacher_dawg

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
When they say the family has decisions to make its always very serious. They mentioned decisions before I crashed last night. That seems to indicate ventilator, feeding tube etc. Get yourself prepared for a coaching change as soon as our new AD is hired. This sucks for him and his family and the college football world. I wish he had more time to coach our team. Hopefully he can recover and retire.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
When they say the family has decisions to make its always very serious. They mentioned decisions before I crashed last night. That seems to indicate ventilator, feeding tube etc. Get yourself prepared for a coaching change as soon as our new AD is hired. This sucks for him and his family and the college football world. I wish he had more time to coach our team. Hopefully he can recover and retire.
I think we already have our new HC in Arnett

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
One poster on the SEC Rant (the thread is 60 pages) stated that he is on a bypass machine and they are just waiting for the remaining two daughters to get in.

Again, that is just from a random poster on a message board, but we need to be prepared.

• Sad

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
Steve said on Out of Bounds that the AD finalists are most likely already reaching out to head coaching candidates in case they get the job. Arnett will get an interview, but the new AD is going to find the best available for Mississippi State.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
One poster on the SEC Rant (the thread is 60 pages) stated that he is on a bypass machine and they are just waiting for the remaining two daughters to get in.

Again, that is just from a random poster on a message board, but we need to be prepared.
My guess would be that is fairly accurate. I made some comments last night guessing something similar and some didn't like it. It is what it is tho. If you have ever been involved in similar scenarios its easy to figure out what's happening here. I hate it but it is reality

• Sad
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I don't think there's any coach that would receive this much love, concern, respect and empathy from other fans around the country than The Pirate. I've been intrigued by the guy ever since I saw that 60 Minutes piece and have LMAO countless times watching him talk all those years before he was ever mentioned becoming our coach. And not only did he make me LMAO, he was interesting as hell to listen to just talking about life. If he were still at Washington State, I'd be taking it the same way other fans are and be bumed out as hell about it. A True Mold Breaking HC that's a Magician of the Game, Elite Story Teller, Genius Intellect, and Comedian all Wrapped Into One. This Stings and I Pray He Wins this Battle.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
Prayers to the Leach family and also the other coaches and their family. This is a very uncertain time for them right at Christmas.

Cherish your time with your family folks. I need to do the same.

Fight Coach. Swing your sword like a damn pirate.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
My guess would be that is fairly accurate. I made some comments last night guessing something similar and some didn't like it. It is what it is tho. If you have ever been involved in similar scenarios its easy to figure out what's happening here. I hate it but it is reality

Agreed. :(

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008

Wow, just so sad that he would go downhill so fast after apparently being in good spirits on Saturday. Life is definitely precious and fragile and I have Coach Leach and his family in my prayers.

Reactions: Doak2983

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Wow, just so sad that he would go downhill so fast after apparently being in good spirits on Saturday. Life is definitely precious and fragile and I have Coach Leach and his family in my prayers.
It can happen to any of us at any minute. Massive heart attacks, strokes, aneurysms all happen in a matter of seconds

Reactions: dawgdoug1962

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
I
I’ve been through this and it’s one of the toughest things a family will ever go through. My Mom suffered a stroke back in 2014. She suffered another stroke less than 24 hours later. The tests revealed that there was no real brain activity after the first stroke. I was there as I lived close by. We had to wait for my siblings to travel great distances to get there. My Dad had passed years before and Mom had given me power of attorney regarding medical decisions. I was assured by the medical team that Mom was in no pain. She was in a coma and machines were the only thing keeping her alive. Once my siblings arrived we all stood around the bed and said our goodbyes. Our pastor as well as a couple of Hospital chaplains were there to pray for us. Once we said our goodbyes we left the room and in less than a minute those awful machines went silent. I made the decision. Mom was afraid my sister would keep her alive at all costs and Mama didn’t want to. That’s a tough decision to make, but I did what Mama made me promise to do if she ever reached the point that such a decision had to be made. I suspect those decisions have already been made by the Leach family and they just all wanted and needed to be together one last time. I know what they’re dealing with all too well, and I’m praying for them today.

atomic dawg

Apr 4, 2019
Im glad they finally said what happened. Of course we all want to know but now that everyone kind of has an idea of how serious it is, they can stop speculating and stop the rumors and let the family deal with it as privately as possible.