Medical issue for Leach…

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
They're going to wait for all the family to arrive and be informed before anything else gets released.

I hope he regains consciousness enough for Jackie to visit him in the hospital.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I

I’ve been through this and it’s one of the toughest things a family will ever go through. My Mom suffered a stroke back in 2014. She suffered another stroke less than 24 hours later. The tests revealed that there was no real brain activity after the first stroke. I was there as I lived close by. We had to wait for my siblings to travel great distances to get there. My Dad had passed years before and Mom had given me power of attorney regarding medical decisions. I was assured by the medical team that Mom was in no pain. She was in a coma and machines were the only thing keeping her alive. Once my siblings arrived we all stood around the bed and said our goodbyes. Our pastor as well as a couple of Hospital chaplains were there to pray for us. Once we said our goodbyes we left the room and in less than a minute those awful machines went silent. I made the decision. Mom was afraid my sister would keep her alive at all costs and Mama didn’t want to. That’s a tough decision to make, but I did what Mama made me promise to do if she ever reached the point that such a decision had to be made. I suspect those decisions have already been made by the Leach family and they just all wanted and needed to be together one last time. I know what they’re dealing with all too well, and I’m praying for them today.
I went thru it with my wife. She had 2 aneurysms and I had them remove the feeding tube and ventilator. Only correct decision

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
Big prayers for him and his family today. I think we all can tell the news is not good this morning, and I truly hate that.

If it is his time, may the angels meet him at the gate and welcome him in and may God make a little extra time for the thousands of questions Coach probably has saved up.

YoknapCountyReb

Oct 13, 2021
This is incredibly sad. I’m so sorry. Praying for CML, his family and “ALL” involved. Coach Leach is a National Treasure and I’ve always admired him. I actually wanted him hired over Freeze. He was my top choice and it wasn’t particularly close. Everyone is better off with a little CML in their life. Everyone …

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Sure would be nice if this was just Mike coaching in the 2nd Quarter down 28-3 at Auburn...
been trying to find the HailState highlight from that game. There is a great moment in the video when Leach is calmly exhorting the team during the comeback, he pauses for a spit second then says "now WIN this game."
Would love to see it. Prayers for him and his family.

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
If the decision to be made when kids arrive is an "unhook or not" decision, then the next update will be a grim one. Prayers for strength and peace for the family. Some friends said this morning that the decision was whether to attempt open heart surgery or not, likely with concerns as to wheter Leach would survive the surgery. I wish that was reliable information because that would indicate some hope of survival, rather then an unhook decision. Sadly, my belief is that they are waiting to make the first decision, rather than the second one.

Regardless, I pray for God's grace for Mike's condition, strength for the family and peace for the drcisions they will be making today.

Heartbreakingly sad

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I would think if attempting surgery was a viable option they would have been working on that last night. Postponing it would not be helpful.

Oct 13, 2021
I would think if attempting surgery was a viable option they would have been working on that last night. Postponing it would not be helpful.
Steve, just reported that Leach is nearing the end and the news could come at any time. They transitioned him to "comfort care". Horrible stuff, but I figured the result was not going to be what we hoped for when there was no updates from yesterday morning.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
If the decision to be made when kids arrive is an "unhook or not" decision, then the next update will be a grim one. Prayers for strength and peace for the family. Some friends said this morning that the decision was whether to attempt open heart surgery or not, likely with concerns as to wheter Leach would survive the surgery. I wish that was reliable information because that would indicate some hope of survival, rather then an unhook decision. Sadly, my belief is that they are waiting to make the first decision, rather than the second one.

Regardless, I pray for God's grace for Mike's condition, strength for the family and peace for the drcisions they will be making today.

Heartbreakingly sad
Steve just gave his "final" update over at GP. Yes, it's grim.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
According to the Twitter update, he's basically on hospice care until the family makes the decision.
My experience with this based on what I went through with my father suggests that he's being transitioned to comfort care because the family made the decision. It means they're disconnecting him and making him comfortable while he expires.

Itsaboutus

Dec 23, 2015
Anybody seeing this clown on Twitter?

Attachments

• 069DCED1-AA8F-4832-B5E9-74CAC4662B85.jpeg
    069DCED1-AA8F-4832-B5E9-74CAC4662B85.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 46

HyperDrive

Oct 31, 2022
Forgive me if posts from other boards aren't allowed, but this was just posted :(

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 12.08.44 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 12.08.44 PM.png
    236.1 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: ntzdog

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
My father died like this. I had to make the choice alone.

Comfort care for my father meant they removed the ventilator and gave him a huge *** shot of morphine. That's probably what is being done here.
I've never understood taking someone off their feeding tube or venilator. An overdose of Morphine sounds more humane.

Reactions: Anon1669338224

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
I've received info from someone who would know and would have no reason to exaggerate that the worst is true.

It's absolutely gutting. Just at a complete loss for words.

muddawgs

Aug 22, 2012
I’m sad that we are losing a genuinely good person. The world needs more people like Coach Leach in this chaotic time. I enjoyed watching Coach Leach coach our bulldogs. He was like a kid on the playground when he was coaching football. You could always look in his eyes and tell he enjoyed every minute. I loved Coach Leach’s casual demeanor, because it always put a smile on my face. At the end of the egg bowl, Coach Leach said something to Kiffin when he was about to walk away that he thought was funny because you could see the smirk on his face. I will always remember that about him that even in a rival game, he was always a genuinely good guy and never took anything seriously. If only we could all be like Mike Leach. Godspeed Coach.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’m sad that we are losing a genuinely good person. The world needs more people like Coach Leach in this chaotic time. I enjoyed watching Coach Leach coach our bulldogs. He was like a kid on the playground when he was coaching football. You could always look in his eyes and tell he enjoyed every minute. I loved Coach Leach’s casual demeanor, because it always put a smile on my face. At the end of the egg bowl, Coach Leach said something to Kiffin when he was about to walk away that he thought was funny because you could see the smirk on his face. I will always remember that about him that even in a rival game, he was always a genuinely good guy and never took anything seriously. If only we could all be like Mike Leach. Godspeed Coach.
Kiffin had a pretty touching statement yesterday about Leach. Said he truly loved him and couldn't believe he was just hugging him a few weeks ago.

Uncle Rico 🏈

Dec 3, 2021
Sending thoughts and prayers from Ohio. Such a tragedy. 😕

Assassins Creed Pirates GIF by Ubisoft Canada