Music To Come Home To

fansincemckay

Dec 4, 2018
I’ve never heard studio monitors that I thought were as good as JBLs, even old ones. They’re true, offer a lot of detail and perhaps most importantly the warmth that I haven’t heard with other speakers. They never sound artificial. Kind of tough to explain but I’m sure you know what I mean.
I heard a pair of urei monitors in an actual studio but i don't remember the model #'s but holy moly...best speakers i personally ever heard.

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

SouthernCAlabama

Sep 11, 2021
u
Yup, never had a bad time when I was listening to those speakers😎… another friend got some Cerwin Vegas but I always thought they were just too big. I did really like the Bose 901s (I think that was the model #).
I don't like the monstrous speakers either. I like small ones, but you have to have a well-defined bass from it. I really pay attention to bass and something nicely balanced. No screechiness or non-existent bass.

TrojanGiftHorse

Jan 31, 2018
Beautiful song. I never heard that one, but it reminded me of this one. Soooo nostalgic...

Yes, it's absolutely beautiful. Frank and Company capture the nostalgia and deep sense of longing just perfectly.

I try to listen to KKJZ every Saturday and Sunday morning because they play a lot of the favorites. Of all the great songs from this morning's playlist, I singled out just those three songs to bring to this thread--"I'm Homesick That's All" for the reasons mentioned, "All I Need is the Girl" for the fantastic arrangement and great horns, and "Yardbird Suite" for the whimsical lyrics and vocal quality (proving that leaning on vocal gymnastics isn't the only way to sound good with song articulation).

TrojanGiftHorse

Jan 31, 2018
Beautiful song. I never heard that one, but it reminded me of this one. Soooo nostalgic...

That tinge of melancholy at the end caps it off perfectly.

There's none better than old-man Sinatra to give voice to that "where did my life go?" melancholy. Where's Dean? Where's Sammy? Where's the rest of my "Rat Pack??"

Last edited:

woohit42

Aug 24, 2017
u

I don't like the monstrous speakers either. I like small ones, but you have to have a well-defined bass from it. I really pay attention to bass and something nicely balanced. No screechiness or non-existent bass.
I've listened to a lot of speakers and the best I've heard by far are the B&W 801's. Slightly mid forward, tight bass, and the highs are clear without being too bright.