OT: TMB TV/Streaming Shows Club: Thread for streaming/TV show discussion…

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Looks great! Can't wait. Guess they're going with Majors (likely didn't have a choice). Happy that Tom Hiddleston is content to continue playing Loki; knows a good thing when he sees it....
Looks like fun, I hope so that last few Marvel series were slogs to get through.
On a separate note I loved this season of Star Trek's Strange Worlds. The season finale was excellent.

Reactions: Midnighter

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Anyone watching the Dark Winds series on AMC?
Last nights episode was pretty good. Kind of reminded me a little of the movie Halloween.
This season has a lot of Navajo mysticism in it.
Zahn McClarnon is very good in it. Also has Longmire reunion of sorts with A Martinez as a Tribal Sheriff.
So far I like it but they have changed things up with the original Tony Hillerman characters.
Dark Winds is one of those “sleeper” shows. Very well done.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021

:unsure:..Intersting...
But if they want to do a Stephen King series will somebody please, please do The Talisman and Black House, please.
I Hope Please GIF

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021

I don’t think there has been a better, more consistent show runner than Noah Hawley (Fargo, Legion) since the GoT David’s and maybe Hiro Murai (Atlanta).

Can’t wait for this!

Last edited:

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Holy sh*t 'The Bear' is amazing. Just finished 'Forks' and after the tremendous, ridiculous, cacophonous, amazing 'Fishes' episode I was still blown away by Richie's self-discovery through service. Just amazing. I think I have three episodes left and don't want it to end....

Also, funny to see these two reunite....

Reactions: Woodpecker

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Has anyone checked out the Ragnorok series on Netflix?
I just ran across it over the weekend and binged the first season and part of the second.
Its interesting. The Cinematography is gorgeous. Its dubbed and kind of badly but for whatever reason I like it.🤷‍♂️
I don't really like the actor playing Thor but the actor playing Loki is perfect and fits with the Movie Loki.

Reactions: Midnighter

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Damn, finished The Bear S2 and Carmy f*cked himself in the end. Damn. Maybe he's relieved?

Anon1693944714

Sep 5, 2023
I watched the following, recently, and found them all to be good:
  • new season of "The Morning Show". A little too much politics of various minorities but that is the state of all entertainment today (Apple)
  • Wilderness (amazon prime). A good show that is a bit of a thriller. Not great, four out of five stars. Regardless, entertaining
  • The Crowded Room (Apple). A really great show, five out of five. It is a bit of a psychological suspense show but really well done with superb acting. It can be a bit slow and deals with mental issues but if you are into that, a great show that will leave you thinking.
  • The Diplomat (netflix). I thought this was one of the sleepers that is must see. the lead actor is really great (played the nazi on Man in High Castle, Rufus Sewell). If you like intrigue, politics and marital relations all ruled into one, this is a good one for you.
  • Hijack (apple TV) with Idris Elba. Edris is one of the best actors there is and isn't getting the credit. There are some issues that strain credibility but it is very intense and suspenseful. Very good show and highly recommended.
  • Tin Star (Amazon Prime). I really like the lead actor named Tim Roth. This is about a family who moves to a small town in Canada to get away from their past life in England. The first two seasons are really good, the third is a little rough.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
I watched the following, recently, and found them all to be good:
  • new season of "The Morning Show". A little too much politics of various minorities but that is the state of all entertainment today (Apple)
  • Wilderness (amazon prime). A good show that is a bit of a thriller. Not great, four out of five stars. Regardless, entertaining
  • The Crowded Room (Apple). A really great show, five out of five. It is a bit of a psychological suspense show but really well done with superb acting. It can be a bit slow and deals with mental issues but if you are into that, a great show that will leave you thinking.
  • The Diplomat (netflix). I thought this was one of the sleepers that is must see. the lead actor is really great (played the nazi on Man in High Castle, Rufus Sewell). If you like intrigue, politics and marital relations all ruled into one, this is a good one for you.
  • Hijack (apple TV) with Idris Elba. Edris is one of the best actors there is and isn't getting the credit. There are some issues that strain credibility but it is very intense and suspenseful. Very good show and highly recommended.
  • Tin Star (Amazon Prime). I really like the lead actor named Tim Roth. This is about a family who moves to a small town in Canada to get away from their past life in England. The first two seasons are really good, the third is a little rough.
+1 on The Diplomat

Reactions: Woodpecker

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
The Continental started Friday. 1st episode action packed, 3 parts. Nice 70’s
Soundtrack too. Backstory of Winston Scott and Charon.

Reactions: Hlstone and bbrown

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Anyone see the trailer for The Continental?

Finished this up last night. Ehh it was ok and something to watch but kind of silly. I liked Colin Woodell as Winston Scott and I thought Ayomide Adgun as Charon was good.
The soundtrack is f'n fantastic.