OT: TMB TV/Streaming Shows Club: Thread for streaming/TV show discussion…

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
I’m enjoying Blackbird on Apple TV with Taron Egerton, Ray Liotta, Greg Kinnear, and, as the serial killer, Paul Walter Hauser (Richard Jewell movie). Based on a true story about a drug dealer who gets an opportunity for release by going into a forensic prison to try and get the goods on a possible serial killer.
Me too.

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
I'll be curious to hear reviews on here of The Gray Man. Netflix spent $200m, that's with a M to create it with an All-Star cast. Director also directed The Avengers.

JerseyLion

Oct 31, 2021
I'll be curious to hear reviews on here of The Gray Man. Netflix spent $200m, that's with a M to create it with an All-Star cast. Director also directed The Avengers.
I haven't watched it yet, but reviews are not good. I find many of the big budget Netflix films fall into that category.

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
I just started Yellowstone this week. Pretty good show. I'm about to finish season one.

Just started season three yesterday. Really good show. I've enjoyed it and I never really watch TV outside of sports. The last time I really watched a show like this was Succession season three.

I only started it because I needed something to watch while I run on the elliptical in the morning. Happy I did. Great show.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
The wife is hooked on Netflix’s Virgin River. I won’t complain too much as she’s into Better Call Saul as well.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
What We Do In The Shadows has been a hoot thus far. Nadja running a vampire nightclub, Laszlo raising Colin Robinson in his new form of a child growing up quickly ( Laszlo never using his name, just calling him “boy”), Nandor seeking out his wife from past lives and using a Djinn to get rid of the failures, and Guillermo holding it all down and being romantically desired by The Guide (Kristen Scholl) who has banged Van Helsings in the past. A fun ride.

Rotzc

Oct 13, 2021
The Terminal List. It’s on Amazon prime. We are on episode 5 and I like it. The first episode I wasn’t sure but after the second I was hooked. It’s one season and there are 8 one hour episodes!
I don’t know if you’re a reader. The book is better. It’ll be a little less climatic but not the same as the book. Plus there’s 5 books in the series.

Reactions: Fortheglory612

Fortheglory612

Nov 2, 2021
I don’t know if you’re a reader. The book is better. It’ll be a little less climatic but not the same as the book. Plus there’s 5 books in the series.
I’m a huge book worm but usually read psychological thrillers. I just finished the show two nights ago. The book is usually always Better than the movie/show. Based on the book/series do you think there will be a second season?

Rotzc

Oct 13, 2021
I’m a huge book worm but usually read psychological thrillers. I just finished the show two nights ago. The book is usually always Better than the movie/show. Based on the book/series do you think there will be a second season?
I heard they’re planning on doing all of his books if people keep watching. I think Pratt has a contract with Amazon.

It’s a way more intricate plot and intricate outcome in the book. They really condensed it for the show but the show is more “psychological” than the book.

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
The Terminal List. It’s on Amazon prime. We are on episode 5 and I like it. The first episode I wasn’t sure but after the second I was hooked. It’s one season and there are 8 one hour episodes!
My wife and I just watched the first episode of the Terminal List. I liked it a lot, my wife is on the fence.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
My wife started on Netflix's Inventing Anna, and I got somewhat hooked. It's based on a true story, and is nine episodes long. I think the story could have been told in a few less episodes, but perhaps that's part of the story -- how mesmerizing Anna Sorokin was to almost everyone she met, even if she was something between a con artist and someone that had a captivating presence but was in way over her abilities.

I'd give it a 6 out of 10 -- perhaps a 6.5.

JerseyLion

Oct 31, 2021
My wife started on Netflix's Inventing Anna, and I got somewhat hooked. It's based on a true story, and is nine episodes long. I think the story could have been told in a few less episodes, but perhaps that's part of the story -- how mesmerizing Anna Sorokin was to almost everyone she met, even if she was something between a con artist and someone that had a captivating presence but was in way over her abilities.

I'd give it a 6 out of 10 -- perhaps a 6.5.
It would have been much better to focus on Anna instead of the writer who is beyond irritating.

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
I've started watching This Is Going to Hurt and I like it so far but I don't imagine that a series about a British ob/gyn will be everyone's cup of tea

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
The Sandman starts on Netflix today

Can’t wait. Going to watch at night before bed since I’m on vacation. Early reviews are very positive!

I was an avid comic book collector through college and Sandman was a must buy. So happy this seems to have exceeded expectations.

Reactions: bbrown and rudedude

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Can’t wait. Going to watch at night before bed since I’m on vacation. Early reviews are very positive!

I was an avid comic book collector through college and Sandman was a must buy. So happy this seems to have exceeded expectations.

Completed it. Wow, what a dark series, but well worth the watch. Had never read any of the graphic novels but the story sucked me in. A shame they couldn’t continue with American Gods, but that was on STARZ and probably lacked support.

Last edited:
Reactions: Midnighter

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
I fell asleep the first time I tried to watch Ep. 1 of Sandman. Was that supposed to happen?

• Sad

Fortheglory612

Nov 2, 2021
I attempted to watch this last night. I made it more than halfway through because I hoped it would get better but eventually had to turn it off. FWIW I thought it was one of the worst shows/movies I have seen in awhile. I think the premise was good but the execution was so beyond ridiculous it was laughable.

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
I attempted to watch this last night. I made it more than halfway through because I hoped it would get better but eventually had to turn it off. FWIW I thought it was one of the worst shows/movies I have seen in awhile. I think the premise was good but the execution was so beyond ridiculous it was laughable.
I can see that. It was basically cheap thrills. On the other hand, like Bourne, they could make it better in a second movie.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
OK, now I've fallen asleep 3 times trying to get through episode 1 of Sandman. I haven't hated it when I was watching it ... I can't put my finger on it. It's slow. It's quiet. So maybe that's it. But there was enough to keep me going back for round 4, maybe. I'll just have to have a coffee beforehand.

Fortheglory612

Nov 2, 2021
I can see that. It was basically cheap thrills. On the other hand, like Bourne, they could make it better in a second movie.
I felt like it was non stop action (done poorly IMO) without building the characters and story line. Maybe I would have felt differently if I knew more about the directors history going into it I guess

Latest posts