Penn State - Ohio State Dual Thread

ElDuce

Oct 29, 2022
9-28 win, Not the sound like a spoiled fan. But I felt the Penn State win was underwhelming. Especially Carter.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Michnit

gimb14

May 3, 2022
Truax is fine. He's better than that. He just had a lapse and credit to the OSU kid, he took advantage. Nagao got a little exposed IMO. Bartlett always worries me. He's so defensive without enough offense IMO. I don't think that style will get him through the big tournament unscathed.
Truax finishes lowest of the PSU guys IMO right now. Nagao looking like 5th place-ish. Bartlett was 3rd last year. Not gonna worry about him at all.

Reactions: Michnit

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Ironhead interviews Kerk

Q: Talk to me about your explosiveness. How good are you feeling
- I can't complain. I feel pretty good. I take it day by day

Q: This could be the 2nd team that gets 10 AAs. How much do you watch the dual meet and take in the amazing talent
- it's awesome. I try to watch just about every match. I don't get too in to it, or too invested, but they are fun to watch

Q: Talk about getting the TD
- he's a big, strong kid. I had to adjust, and the adjustments I made paid off

Q: Your ability on top, talk about it
- it felt good. It takes a little bit off of me. I establish control, figure out what's going on, and rack up RT

Q: Big trip to Iowa next week. Is it just practice as usual, or extra energy this coming week
- I don't think anything really changes

Q: Anything you're working on
- just trying to get better every day. Working on my faith, and trying to progress that as well.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
I wonder how much this illness that's been going through the room is still affecting him.
Cael said everyone is healthy and flu bug was done. Think our guys just need to get their angles wrestle with Attitude like Brooks did tonight. Love to see more attitude at a few weights. Will see here how we look against Iowa.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Bartlett says that's not how he wants to win but was happy to get his arm raised.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Cael Sanderson on beating Ohio State ahead of Iowa: Ohio State always has a great team and they came ready to wrestle tonight. They pushed us pretty dang good. We're going to keep getting better and keep looking forward to the next match and preparing for the postseason. That's the fun stuff. It was a great match tonight. Ohio State did a great job.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Sanderson on the number of reviews: We love throwing those bricks. You get one, and it's hard to hang onto that thing. We always see things from our own perspective. There's reaction time. You saw a few takedowns where they let things play out.

On Davis: Thinks reaction time was why it was no takedown for Ohio State. They're supposed to be patient with reaction time. You have to secure that takedown and have control for a little bit of time there.

On Truax pin: Roga is a pinner and the whole time he was going to try different things. He got us. I thought Bernie was wrestling really well. We probably need to challenge those positions a little bit.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Cael on Nagao: He did some nice things. He's going to keep getting better. He does everything right. His best matches are going to be when they count the most. We believe that 100 percent. I feel bad for him. But it's all practice.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Cael on Kasak: He's just solid and he's got some athleticism and tricks as you see. He's just a pretty good wrestler. He beat a veteran, a tough kid, who was maybe an All-American last year. It was a good win for him today.