Picanha

Nov 29, 2017
835
330
63
Does anyone have a good recipe for picanha? I’m cooking one for the game this weekend, and I have no idea if it’s better to smoke it or just cook it like a steak. Hail State!
 

aTotal360

Heisman
Nov 12, 2009
22,507
16,224
113
Cook it like a steak. First cut it against the grain into 1 inch thick "strips". Season with kosher salt, pepper, and a garlic powder. I cook the fat side first. Put enough heat on that side to scorch it. Then I do the 3 other sides to your desired doneness. I then have a compound butter made from Kerrygold and McCormick Montreal seasoning and real garlic that I'll put on top. No one complains.

Or just grind it and make sloppy joes.
 

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,633
12,103
113
Does anyone have a good recipe for picanha? I’m cooking one for the game this weekend, and I have no idea if it’s better to smoke it or just cook it like a steak. Hail State!
Cook it like a smoked steak. Smoke it until it gets to 122° then sear it. I score the fat side before I seasoned with garlic, salt, and pepper.
 

Nunya.sixpack

Redshirt
Jun 10, 2019
3,175
0
0
Reverse sear for the win. We've had one about every month at our house. Mix of mesquite and cherry has worked great.
 

Uncle Ruckus

All-American
Apr 1, 2011
15,306
6,696
113
What he said. But I smoke to 118ish, sear until 125 and you get a perfect medium rare once it comes to temp
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Players to Know
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting No. 16 Mississippi State hosts Alabama with a 2027 flip target, two elite QBs and other top prospects visiting
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting How strong is CB Julian McDonald’s Mississippi State commitment with LSU still pushing?
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State QB Kamario Taylor named Davey O'Brien National QB of the Week
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "No Panic": Mississippi State S Jardin Gilbert on experience and adaptability on defense