QB room just got lighter.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Was bound to happen. I will be surprised if that's the last. One of the problems with will starting for so long. Hopefully we are also shopping portal for competitors with wheels

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Was bound to happen. I will be surprised if that's the last. One of the problems with will starting for so long. Hopefully we are also shopping portal for competitors with wheels
Agree. I don’t think this is a big deal. He was never going to start here, so he’s moving on. For our perspective, it frees up a scholarship. Hopefully he’ll find a better fit for him.

Reactions: She Mate Me

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
When is Mr Parson supposed to make it to campus?

Reactions: cytubb

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Ya'll are so ridiculous. We are gonna lose QBs because Will is starting to too long but let's get in the portal and find more QBs. Greek is the odd man out. He is stuck behind Robertson who is the same class. I hope he finds a good situation and has success outside the SEC. We got a 3 year starter, a 4 star backing him up, a 4 star true freshman and a 4 star commit. I think we good. And tbh I am pulling for that 4 star to start as a redshirt sophomore.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Ya'll are so ridiculous. We are gonna lose QBs because Will is starting to too long but let's get in the portal and find more QBs. Greek is the odd man out. He is stuck behind Robertson who is the same class. I hope he finds a good situation and has success outside the SEC. We got a 3 year starter, a 4 star backing him up, a 4 star true freshman and a 4 star commit. I think we good. And tbh I am pulling for that 4 star to start as a redshirt sophomore.
But, if Robertson transfers too?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Bound to Happen, Yes. Shopping the Portal, No.
Saw on another board that we are looking for a QB in the portal. No idea if looking for a starter or for depth for players transferring (no idea if true or not either). If Robertson goes, we definitely need a depth transfer. But with Notre Dame and Wisconsin QBs both transferring, who knows?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Be willing to look at ND qb. If he would be interest but not mdny will transfer with s three year starter coming back.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Saw on another board that we are looking for a QB in the portal. No idea if looking for a starter or for depth for players transferring (no idea if true or not either). If Robertson goes, we definitely need a depth transfer. But with Notre Dame and Wisconsin QBs both transferring, who knows?
Interesting. I just can't see going to the Portal when an established QB the last 2 years is looking to be here next fall. But I INDEED want some competition. I'd LOVE to see a QB with more physical ability as much as I love what Will has accomplished. Will's schit put a wet sock on my Egg Bowl Celebration with that fumble at the end and took a lot of the fun outta watching the replays. If we punch it in, the last few mininutes woulda been jerkalicious and had we a more physical and athletic QB, we'd be looking at NY6.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
That might make a little sense. I will have to see it to believe it but I did expect a lot more competition from Sawyer. I had high expectations but he is still young. Second year guy.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
A lot of people said that about Will keeping the starting job over those two.
I do think Will has reached his ceiling and honestly if Sawyer doesn't take that job next fall I will be pretty disappointed. I like Will but I have realized that he does not have what it takes to challenge for the West.

Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
If you think Parson is gonna come in here and pass up 2 Texas high school record setting QBs I want some of what you are smoking
Uh, you may want to reread that chief. I never said nor implied anything to that affect about Parson. If anybody else leaves that QB room we're very thin there and no, Parson isn't the answer, at least not just yet. I'll accept the apology in advance.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Why does a QB who's not nearly as good as Will deciding to transfer (I wish him the absolute best) have to turn into a Will sucks, Will ain't mobile, Will cracked his skull on his ceiling, Will is the bain of our 8-4 Egg Bowl Champion Top 25 and rising teams existence..........thread???

Reactions: Darryl Steight

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
But, if Robertson transfers too?
With the portal, I think the new reality is anytime you have a good young qb, the negative is going to be a lack of a backup that has some experience in the system. You’re not going to see RS Jrs sitting the bench waiting for a shot. If a sophomore wins the job, get ready to have nothing but a freshman backup when he’sa Jr. just the nature of the game now. Probably gives us some small advantage over programs that rely on a running qb.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Why does a QB who's not nearly as good as Will deciding to transfer (I wish him the absolute best) have to turn into a Will sucks, Will ain't mobile, Will cracked his skull on his ceiling, Will is the bain of our 8-4 Egg Bowl Champion Top 25 and rising teams existence..........thread???
The worst game of the season for the Will haters was the ETSU game where they saw that Robertson pretty much sucks. Now they have pinned their hopes on a transfer quarterback or a guy who is still in high school.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Uh, you may want to reread that chief. I never said nor implied anything to that affect about Parson. If anybody else leaves that QB room we're very thin there and no, Parson isn't the answer, at least not just yet. I'll accept the apology in advance.
No apology offered. We already have 2 guys available as back ups. So I don't think he factors into the back up scenario at all

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
I hope we’re both wrong on this.
I think the best realistic scenario that most can hope for is that by the time Will gets to his last season, there’s an option that Leach feels confident putting in for some game reps that looks competent. That guy might already be in Starkville or maybe not but until somebody outplays Will, I expect Leach to stick with him and rightfully so.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
If you think Parson is gonna come in here and pass up 2 Texas high school record setting QBs I want some of what you are smoking
No apology offered. We already have 2 guys available as back ups. So I don't think he factors into the back up scenario at all
Maybe whatever you're smoking is affecting your reading comprehension, 🤷‍♂️

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
It's the same idiots that spent 3 years talking **** about Nick Fitzgerald and how he couldn't throw the ball.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
FYI to whoever was asking about Parson. He is moving to Starkville in a few weeks to begin his student athlete roll at State. Free article on 247 about his weekend visit, time spent with staff and his recruitment of the 4 star safety Isaac Smith we are after. Oh and PS....he spent some time with Simeon Price who was his host and Sawyer Robertson at his house.

Last edited:
Reactions: wdawg44

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
With the portal, I think the new reality is anytime you have a good young qb, the negative is going to be a lack of a backup that has some experience in the system. You’re not going to see RS Jrs sitting the bench waiting for a shot. If a sophomore wins the job, get ready to have nothing but a freshman backup when he’sa Jr. just the nature of the game now. Probably gives us some small advantage over programs that rely on a running qb.
Leach is almost never going to play a young QB. He had no choice with Will.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I really think we should try to get this guy. He's entering the portal from OU. Has a good arm and definitely got legs.

Nick Evers