So the Russell story is officially out….

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022

patdog

May 28, 2007

My question is, why do so many of these guys lose control at the extent that they are willing to nearly kill somebody?

I don’t buy it.
It’s the culture they were raised in. We saw yet another tragedy resulting from that culture earlier this week.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022

My question is, why do so many of these guys lose control at the extent that they are willing to nearly kill somebody?

I don’t buy it.
Sounds like it was one punch. Dude had a glass jaw. Nobody knows what was done prior to lead to it all I guess. Fighting used to be common place. Sure beats shooting. He'll get suspended.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008

I don’t buy it.
Reynolds (punched kid’s lawyer) is super aggressive. Good lawyer. He won’t give a $h!+ about embarrassing Keenum or the DA or investigators. If Lebby or anybody in the pork palace can be fingered trying to run interference for this out-of-control man-child, Reynolds will expose them. Wouldn’t want to be caught trying to salvage this fool for football purposes. I don’t care how $hitty the defense is.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Sounds like it was one punch. Dude had a glass jaw. Nobody knows what was done prior to lead to it all I guess. Fighting used to be common place. Sure beats shooting. He'll get suspended.
Most people that get "sucker punched" are glass jawed when they get no chance to defend themselves, especially when they hit their head on concrete on the way down, "dude" .

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
If that's an accurate portrayal (sucker punch, brain bleed), Russell is gone. Lebby has no room for going soft of acts of violence unless he wants a very short head coaching career. Right or wrong, guy is under the microscope and will be pounced on the first mistake he makes. Hate parting ways with a talent like Russell but Lebby has one choice available here. Again - assuming that's an accurate description.

patdog

May 28, 2007
If that's an accurate portrayal (sucker punch, brain bleed), Russell is gone. Lebby has no room for going soft of acts of violence unless he wants a very short head coaching career. Right or wrong, guy is under the microscope and will be pounced on the first mistake he makes. Hate parting ways with a talent like Russell but Lebby has one choice available here. Again - assuming that's an accurate description.
Reading his “apology,” it’s clear it’s a pretty accurate description. And the fact we haven’t done anything at all so far tells me we won’t unless we’re forced to.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Not many jaws can handle a sucker punch from a guy that size and strength.

Sucker punches are dangerous even from normal size folks.
There's nothing ever fair in a fight. If you don't know that, you've never been in one. Your goal is to win. Boxing has rules, fighting doesn't.
Sounds like two guys that had a problem with each other and one took one down. He'll get some type of action taken against him. He might even get a civil lawsuit. Fighting is still better than a shootout like we see these days. Alabama had a player assist a murderer and play.

Last edited:

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
There's nothing ever fair in a fight. If you don't know that, you've never been in one. Your goal is to win. Boxing has rules, fighting doesn't.
Sounds like two guys that had a problem with each other and one took one down. He'll get some type of action taken against him. He might even get a civil lawsuit. Fighting is still better than a shootout like we see these days. Alabama had a player assist a murderer and play.
Just when I thought you couldn't possibly....never mind **

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Come on man.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Where did it say anywhere that Trace Howell had a problem with Demonte Russell? Did you miss the part that says," Trace had never encountered Mr Russell before the attack, it was a random act of violence"?. "Dude", just STFU and admit your a DA instead of trying to double down. I don't mean District Attorney either

civildawg88

Aug 22, 2012
Bet your tune would change if this was your kid in the hospital.

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023

I don’t buy it.
There are always two sides to every story. However, that is a really big athletic boy hitting a much smaller guy. Hope they kick him off the team, and criminal charges are brought against him. If this was a first time occurrence, I would be all for giving him a chance., This kid has a history of poor decisions, and it's not like he is a freshman.
After reading his apology, it's hard to stomach that our degrees will come from the same institution. How in the hell do some of these kids get out of basic English Comp.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
There's one rule most real men live by when it comes to fighting... we don't fight women, children, or people that we have 135 lbs weight advantage over. That's all some real special cowardly shìt there. You in favor of kicking grandpa's walker out from under him before you whip his àss too?

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Where did it say anywhere that Trace Howell had a problem with Demonte Russell? Did you miss the part that says," Trace had never encountered Mr Russell before the attack, it was a random act of violence"?. "Dude", just STFU and admit your a DA instead of trying to double down. I don't mean District Attorney either
It wasn't random....the other side will come out. Russell will get in trouble but it wasn't random.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
There's one rule most real men live by when it comes to fighting... we don't fight women, children, or people that we have 135 lbs weight advantage over. That's all some real special cowardly shìt there. You in favor of kicking grandpa's walker out from under him before you whip his àss too?
Depends on if grandpa was slapping around grandma I guess.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
So the attorney is going public with a lie, and is giving evidence to Starkville PD to help with prosecution that he knows is based on a lie? Ok...
This happened 2 weeks ago and he's still not in jail. I'm not defending Russell, but people need to wait til everything is out there. Hes going to to be in trouble but there's more out there too (and yes, it's stupid).

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
This happened 2 weeks ago and he's still not in jail. I'm not defending Russell, but people need to wait til everything is out there. Hes going to to be in trouble but there's more out there too (and yes, it's stupid).
He’s going to be charged and arrested any day now, you are tripling down on stupid.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006

“fight”

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Jeez.
If Alabama is your moral compass on who is allowed to play sports…or anything…you have my sympathies.